Been told 1 more year for JB | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Been told 1 more year for JB

JB is coaching another year?
More FLASH SALES to get fans in the Dome!
SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!
Flash Sale GIF by Rising Gym

easy. far from a "disgrace". Look around college sports plenty more disgraceful situations.

You have made your opinion known
Syracuse is currently 100-1 to run the tables at BetMGM & DraftKings-Bet it if you think it can happen

We cannot have losing to Colgate be acceptable. We absolutely, unequivocally cannot have a losing *streak* to Colgate be acceptable.

It's not the direct cause as to why you relieve a legendary coach from his job, but it's a screaming symptom of the disease of why would you relieve a legendary coach from his job.
Right. “They’re actually good” doesn’t cut it.

They were “good” when they had a lottery pick center, and we still beat them by 40. They have ZERO recruiting or financial advantages over us. Zero reason they should ever be better than us.

This wasn’t a fluke great game, where they hit a buzzer beater to win by 1. They kicked the crap out of us 2 years in a row. Inexcusable.

Right. “They’re actually good” doesn’t cut it.

They were “good” when they had a lottery pick center, and we still beat them by 40. They have ZERO recruiting or financial advantages over us. Zero reason they should ever be better than us.

This wasn’t a fluke great game, where they hit a buzzer beater to win by 1. They kicked the crap out of us 2 years in a row. Inexcusable.

Colgate's only highlight wins the past two years were SU- both not good SU teams. So calling them a good team, when they have zero wins outside of SU that actually prove that point is just trying to cater to a narrative.

They were 4-10 in non conference play last year and 6-7 this year with a 27 point loss to Auburn. This whole Colgate is good narrative is laughable.

Somehow Buffalo, Duquesne, Auburn, NC State, Pitt, St Johns and Wisconsin have all beaten them, but nothing to see here at all...
I mean Syracuse has beaten BC 10 times and BC has beaten VT 5x in a row sometimes it comes down to matchups. I wouldn’t say BC was better than VT overall the last few years or this year honestly. Same could be said about NC State, Syracuse hasn’t lost to them in what 5 tries?

I mean Syracuse has beaten BC 10 times and BC has beaten VT 3x in a row sometimes it comes down to matchups. I wouldn’t say BC was better than VT overall last year or this year. Same could said about NC State, Syracuse hasn’t lost to them in what 5 tries?

4-10 in non conference, then 6-7. Zero P6 wins in those years. How can you define that as a good team?

however you can hit the portal hard and tell potential players like JJ, "do you want to cement yourself in syracuse basketball history and be that guy that puts Syrcause back in the NCAA tourney for a legendary coach?" then once team is formed for 23-24, autry can focus on 24 and beyond recruits
I was on the JJ bandwagon until I saw him live against UVa. He is not a program saver by any means, at least from what I saw. Given, Notre Dame has its own system and he may not have fit in too well. But he made no impact on the game I saw whatsoever.

Winning what?

Losing two of our better players, having literally no scoring punch outside of Judah returning (assuming he would), mediocre shooting and relying on this weak freshmen class is a way to win? Unless a reinvigorated JB hits the portal hard to play over said freshmen, I see no path to winning under him.
Winning to the best of said roster's ability

4-10 in non conference, then 6-7. Zero P6 wins in those years. How can you define that as a good team?
Nothing about being good or bad, sometimes matchups are a killer.

Nothing about being good or bad, sometimes matchups are a killer.

Well the premise as thus started was around them as a good team. They haven't changed much in 5 years. We just aren't good between scheme and players.

Last edited:
Maybe this is Hop 2.0 situation. JB wants GMac to be HC so he stays on after Red was told it is his team in hopes Red leaves for another job.

Good god could you imagine this place if we lost to Colgate from 2008-2014. Shut up defending the losses.
Well we did lose to LeMoyne in that span but that was an exhibition and just a blip on the radar as the ship was righted during those golden seasons.

This is an obvious trend, and an alarming one at that.

Maybe this is Hop 2.0 situation. JB wants GMac to be HC so he stays on after Red was told it is his team in hopes Red leaves for another job.
If so, JW needs to dig his heels in and whip up the votes with BOT if this is a power struggle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom