87: home vs Penn State
93:Fiesta Bowl win vs Colorado
01:win at Va Tech
10: Pinstripe bowl vs K State

87: home vs Penn State
93:Fiesta Bowl win vs Colorado
01:win at Va Tech
10: Pinstripe bowl vs K State
Fyi, the Fiesta Bowl win was the '92 season.

I prefer the Pinstripe Bowl victory over WVU. Although the flea flicker against k state may have been the most beautiful pass Nassib has ever thrown.

Penn State? How about Cuse 17 Nebraska 9?
I'd even have to give that game a slight edge ... a program changing, signature win. After that, there were no crys of : Bring back the Wino ! " ( Maloney) in my section.
Penn State game was huge though , first victory over them in 17 years, and tears of joy coursed down my cheeks after the opening play, 'cause I knew we were going to kick their ass that day.:)

It's hard not to love that Penn State game. But, if I recall correctly, Nebraska was #1 and we were unranked, having lost to SUNJ the prior week. Hence, when you take down #1 in a program changing win, it outranks even PSU 87.

By contrast, while we hadn't beaten them since the earth was flat, at 5-0, ranked and at home, I'm not sure we expected to win, but we hoped and believed we could beat Penn State in 1987.

The same cant be said for NU 1984, which is why I think it gets the edge.

Fast forwarding to the present, whole some may argue over which Pinstripe Bowl win was best, I'll just put out there that Syracuse hasn't had its best win this decade ... yet.

As great as the 84 Nebraska win was, I would go with PSU in 87. it was the game that launched the last great "glory years" of SU football (1987-1998). The Nebraska win was insane, but that team ended up at 5-6 I believe (or was it 6-5?), and went 7-5 and 5-6 the next two seasons. Fans were ready to send Coach Mac packing after the 5-6 finish in 1986. Penn St game showed Cuse was here to stay. Well, at least until the last few years of Coach P's reign. The Colorado game was awesome in 92(Jan 1 1993) but I think the beatdown of Florida in the Dome was better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom