Bilas/Ford - Top PGs in Draft - ESPN Insider | Syracusefan.com

Bilas/Ford - Top PGs in Draft - ESPN Insider

OrangeTown

Starter
Insider article so I'm only going to post the MCW info:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...-ford-jay-bilas-debate-draft-top-point-guards

They answer a few key questions regarding the draft's point guards and then list their overall top 10. The question regarding MCW:

----------------------------------------------------------------
2. Can Michael Carter-Williams end up as the best PG in the draft?
ford_yes.png

Ford: Yes, if (and I emphasize "if") he can improve his jump shot. Carter-Williams sees the floor better than Burke or any other point guard in the draft. He has elite size for the position, which gives him a big advantage at the next level. Defenders have a really difficult time staying in front of him. And he's a top-tier athlete. As long as he gets a respectable jump shot, there's no reason he can't be who we all thought Shaun Livingston was going to be before he mangled his knee. Burke is the safest point guard pick this year, but if you're going to swing for the fences, Carter-Williams is the guy. If I'm drafting outside of the top 5, I think he's worth the gamble.
bilas_yes.png

Bilas: Yes. Carter-Williams has size, length and athleticism, and the ability to play an open-court game and drive the ball to dish or finish. If he can improve his shooting consistency to where his shot has to be respected, he will increase his effectiveness. Carter-Williams has a good stroke, so with some focused work he should be able to improve his shooting. Many players have made improvements in shooting consistency once they hit the NBA.
However, I still rate Trey Burke as the better point guard prospect, and I also put C.J. McCollum right there with Carter-Williams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in their overall top 10 Point Guards, Ford has MCW #1, Bilas has him #3 behind Burke and McCollum.

JAY BILAS SHOULD BURN IN HELL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Just getting that out of the way for everyone who will undoubtedly be pissed that Jay has MCW ranked third.

Carry on.

JAY BILAS SHOULD BURN IN HELL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Just getting that out of the way for everyone who will undoubtedly be pissed that Jay has MCW ranked third.

Carry on.

Guy is a straight H8r yo real talk

I agree with his assessment completely.

Interesting that neither mentioned MCW's handle.

I rarely disagree with Bilas and I'm not going to disagree with him here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom