BJ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BJ

I didn't see it personally. The only interaction I saw was the one where BJ failed to contest a wing 3-pt shot and JB got on him about it. He followed it up with what appeared to be an encouraging type yell to him, but who knows how BJ took it. BJ's reaction to all of this was the same reaction all players have if you watch. They don't engage, they just stare forward and appear to be ignoring coach. At least in the interaction I saw, I didn't see anything out of line by BJ.

It's a blow to your ego when the team is struggling, there are 3 guys on the bench and the coach won't let you out there.

It sucks and let's hope he takes it like Dion and improves next year. I like that BJ really seems to care and wants to be out there, unlike Obokoh who seems content.

In the second half BJ committed a foul and was called over to the side line by JIMBO who proceeded to push his hand onBJ's chest and then rip into mim with a face that can best be described as out of control on national television. If Boeheim doesn't believe his actions are way over the top its time for the geezer to go.BTW That geezer is older than this geezer He still is weak on rotating his players to save their strength. Put Obokoh in the game early enough to give him some real experience and save Rak's body for late game contributions We all know Chinso doesn't have the ability yet but he won't get it in practice or late game minutes when we are ahead which lately isn't happening. Put BJ in there early for Roberson. Joseph gives the team nothing so put in Paterson and if he sees a 3 shot that he is comfortable with let the kid shoot it. The kid must learn to control himself and not put the ball in the air every time he gets it restricting him isn't the way to teach him.
Have you ever watched a college basketbal game? Coaches yell at players in every game. If we put Obokoh in for 1 minute, the game would be lost right there.

It's a blow to your ego when the team is struggling, there are 3 guys on the bench and the coach won't let you out there.

It sucks and let's hope he takes it like Dion and improves next year. I like that BJ really seems to care and wants to be out there, unlike Obokoh who seems content.
Haha Obokoh is like Tom Brady's backup. Just chillin like yea, I play ball for Cuse, no biggie.

Why he never redshirted is baffling for a variety of reasons. He iwas and is way too skinny, young for his class, he was not seeing time last year with our forwards in place, and he has nice potential. If he wasnt a perfect candidate for a redshirt I dont know who is. Be curious if the staff approached BJ about it and he rebuffed.
I don't know abou the staff but i brougt it up here numerous times and BJ's dad flatly rejected the idea. Shame because bj was just too thin to play at this level last year and if he was freshman this year (also young for his class) the playing time wouldn't be that bad. There were bad expectations for bj in his early days here and it hasn't served him well.

I don't know abou the staff but i brougt it up here numerous times and BJ's dad flatly rejected the idea. Shame because bj was just too thin to play at this level last year and if he was freshman this year (also young for his class) the playing time wouldn't be that bad. There were bad expectations for bj in his early days here and it hasn't served him well.
Wouldn't you have like to been a fly on the wall!!;)

Have you ever watched a college basketbal lgame? Coaches yell at players in every game. If we put Obokoh in for 1 minute, the game would be lost right there.
Bulls#it. "Lost in one minute?" then the other players must be purely incompetent ,right? We aren't talking about simply yelling here either. That wasn't simply yelling . The great Jim Boeheim was a screaming out of control jerk to his player inanition television with a close up to get it all. Jimmy has been protected by the school since he got here. The school lacks integrity and sells out for the $. Its that simple the administration will look away every time.AS long as their big concern is the bottom line under the standard rebuttal of the university being a small private institution crap like this will continue to happen with Syracuse athletic programs.Wait until it hits football or lacrosse and see what happens. The chancellor is certainly not in charge there. Nor are the Board of Trustees. Its not like Boeheim would leave a pauper. Its conceivable that ESPN might want him on the sideline talking about a game in progress and they would pay big$ for that to happen. Its time for a young man to put his mark on the program. Of course that is Mike Hopkins. I seriously doubt that the program crashes with Mike in the drivers seat. Recruiting will continue with the coaches around him

Bulls#it. "Lost in one minute?" then the other players must be purely incompetent ,right? We aren't talking about simply yelling here either. That wasn't simply yelling . The great Jim Boeheim was a screaming out of control jerk to his player inanition television with a close up to get it all. Jimmy has been protected by the school since he got here. The school lacks integrity and sells out for the $. Its that simple the administration will look away every time.AS long as their big concern is the bottom line under the standard rebuttal of the university being a small private institution crap like this will continue to happen with Syracuse athletic programs.Wait until it hits football or lacrosse and see what happens. The chancellor is certainly not in charge there. Nor are the Board of Trustees. Its not like Boeheim would leave a pauper. Its conceivable that ESPN might want him on the sideline talking about a game in progress and they would pay big$ for that to happen. Its time for a young man to put his mark on the program. Of course that is Mike Hopkins. I seriously doubt that the program crashes with Mike in the drivers seat. Recruiting will continue with the coaches around him

:eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn::eat popcorn:

No

I'm sorry that JB was rude to you a long time ago and you hold a grudge. JB isn't bigger than the school. JB doesn't think he is bigger than the school. In other words, as usual, you really don't know what you are talking about

Hello, everyone. JB said there's a scholarship available for Bryant in the coming months.

JB was fine today. He was pleading with BJ to play smarter and harder. If you can't take getting yelled at, then you shouldn't be playing. If a coach stops getting on you, he has given up on you. There's way too many people in today's world who's afraid of kids self-esteem getting hurt. We're creating a bunch of spoiled, lazy kids who don't know what it takes to be really good at something. We need more JB's not less. Show me a great coach who doesn't get after his players and I'll show you a loser.

I think he just needs one good game to boost his and JB's confidence. JB has used a quick hook with many players over the years, it's nothing new. I hope he stays, works hard to earn his shot like many before him and helps get us our next NC. Instead of transferring to some mid major for minutes or another P5 team for same situation he's in now.

I think hes going to break out next year. He will start playing within himself and feel more comfortable out there. I dont know about all the foolish talk going around saying he doesnt belong but Ive have seen players in every class since ive been watching college basketball not ready to contribute and look lost only to break out their jr and sr seasons .

I really wish BJ had redshirted last year.

He's basically the same age as Malachi Richardson.

I also think BJ is much more of a 2 right now, rather than a 3.

At this it might be interesting to throw that experiment into the mix. I think Joseph looked a bit more comfortable in Cooney's absence playing off the ball a bit more.

Maybe we just have a team full of less than ideal shooting guards plus Roberson and Christmas.

At this it might be interesting to throw that experiment into the mix. I think Joseph looked a bit more comfortable in Cooney's absence playing off the ball a bit more.

Maybe we just have a team full of less than ideal shooting guards plus Roberson and Christmas.

And we don't have a true PG coming in next year...Howard is a 2 trying to learn how to be a lead guard.

I think he just needs one good game to boost his and JB's confidence. JB has used a quick hook with many players over the years, it's nothing new. I hope he stays, works hard to earn his shot like many before him and helps get us our next NC. Instead of transferring to some mid major for minutes or another P5 team for same situation he's in now.

I do think the quick-trigger works to the detriment of most players. It seemingly results in them pressing too much when they are on the floor and they attempt to do too much too quickly when the ball hits their hands. I think we saw that unease with Rak quite a bit his first three years when he would get his one touch per game in the post. :)

BJ seems to have settled down a bit in his last few appearances (not rushing a quick shot), but the lack of minutes do him no favors overall. Now, whether giving him more minutes does the team any favors is another issue.

That being said, maybe they don't play more because that's who they are - gunners who misfire. That of course being the reason they don't play in the first place. We never really see practice. It's all conjecture I suppose. I still think at times BJ has shown flashes though, and long-term will be an asset.

And we don't have a true PG coming in next year...Howard is a 2 trying to learn how to be a lead guard.

I know - that position worries me. I think G may be our best PG next year as well. We'll see.

i agree with you. I felt bad for him too. But I've also been on Boeheim like white on rice for the way he was riding some of the players. Today was the 1st day I saw him letting the players play through some mistakes and actually coach and encourage the players.

The 2nd BJ mistake (i think it was a rebound, but don't quote me on it) he even clapped encouragement to BJ.

BJ's reactions to all of Boeheim was subpar IMO.
It wasnt a mistake. He fouled after trying to get a rebound. It was a hustle play anf BJ was in the right position. He just got out muscled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom