Boeheim’s Army Roster | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim’s Army Roster

Yea, I have G and Crawford playing some 3. Team has a lot of talent but is imbalanced. Didn’t like the sound of things from Triche either who would be one of our two best players along with McCullough.

Don’t undervalue Crawford. Guy is good and has had a much better pro career than McCullough.

So, if this is the roster...

C - Arinze Onuaku, Darryl Watkins
F - Hakim Warrick, Chris McCullough, Michael Gbinije
G - Eric Devendorf, John Gillon, Jordan Crawford, Brandon Triche

If Triche is injured, I'd expect Gillon / Crawford to start in the backcourt, with Gbinije and McCullough at forward, and either of the big men in the pivot. If Triche can play, he starts at point.

I'd also expect a lot of McCullough shifting to the middle -- seems like a better fit against this type of competition in this type of tournament.

Don’t undervalue Crawford. Guy is good and has had a much better pro career than McCullough.

I’m not really including him since I’ve never seen him play anywhere.

Reactions: cto
Not sure I like the construction of the team. Not a true SF on the roster and too many Gs if Triche is healthy. Hopefully McCullough will be playing because he is the closest to a SF. Looks like G and Crawford will be playing some SF. Really wish DNic was playing.

Wonder if Tyler Cavanaugh is free until he heads overseas? I agree about wishing that Nichols would play.

I know GM Belbey is working hard to add some more players, but the team really needs 3,000 votes to do so. If you haven’t done so, please vote (it takes 2 seconds) and tell a friend! Click “Support This Team”

I know GM Belbey is working hard to add some more players, but the team really needs 3,000 votes to do so. If you haven’t done so, please vote (it takes 2 seconds) and tell a friend! Click “Support This Team”

3K might be tough to do before the deadline. We have the 2nd most of any team and nobody is close to 2K yet.

So, if this is the roster...

C - Arinze Onuaku, Darryl Watkins
F - Hakim Warrick, Chris McCullough, Michael Gbinije
G - Eric Devendorf, John Gillon, Jordan Crawford, Brandon Triche

If Triche is injured, I'd expect Gillon / Crawford to start in the backcourt, with Gbinije and McCullough at forward, and either of the big men in the pivot. If Triche can play, he starts at point.

I'd also expect a lot of McCullough shifting to the middle -- seems like a better fit against this type of competition in this type of tournament.
This year’s team has two really good scoring centers, which we’ve missed in the past, but now lacks a tall 3-pt marksman forward like D Nic and Southerland to knock down shots.

This year’s team has two really good scoring centers, which we’ve missed in the past, but now lacks a tall 3-pt marksman forward like D Nic and Southerland to knock down shots.

I think Gbinije can somewhat fill that role. But you’re right. We could use another forward that can really bury the 3. I’d rather have 2 of our 3 forwards as 3 point shooters rather than 1 of 3.

Loaded roster. But I think trading either Warrick or McCullough for any of: Nichols/Southerland/White would make it perfect in terms of roster balance.

Edit: actually I think I’d trade a center for one of those shooting forwards, and then play Warrick/McCullough some at center.

Is Blackwell coaching again? The playing time of the guards will be interesting to see how it plays out. Triche, Gillon, and Devendorf have all played very well in this before, and Crawford is the most talented and accomplished guard there. Probably Crawford and then Triche’s defense gives him the nod as the main two, but Devendorf and Gillon have both had games where they were carrying the offense in this in the past, and will likely have games where they have the hot hand. Good “problem” to have.

How about BJ Johnson? Would love to have him. I have no idea what his current contract status is other than he played on a couple ten day contracts last season.

Is Blackwell coaching again? The playing time of the guards will be interesting to see how it plays out. Triche, Gillon, and Devendorf have all played very well in this before, and Crawford is the most talented and accomplished guard there. Probably Crawford and then Triche’s defense gives him the nod as the main two, but Devendorf and Gillon have both had games where they were carrying the offense in this in the past, and will likely have games where they have the hot hand. Good “problem” to have.

Triche picked up an injury in Italy the other day. He's still on the team but might be limited.

How about BJ Johnson? Would love to have him. I have no idea what his current contract status is other than he played on a couple ten day contracts last season.
Hes signed to the Kings with no guarentees

All depends on Triche’s health. If he can go, I think G and Crawford split time at the 3. If Triche is out/limited, one or both of those guys will see more time in the backcourt.

All depends on Triche’s health. If he can go, I think G and Crawford split time at the 3. If Triche is out/limited, one or both of those guys will see more time in the backcourt.
Been seeing Triche at my gym fairly often this month. He’s slimmed down a bit, looks to be in fantastic shape

The reason I like this roster so much is there are a lot of versatile pieces. Moreso than in the past. Gbinije (G/F), Crawford (G/F), Warrick (F/C), McCullough (F/C) can all play multiple positions within the zone.

Last year, we didn't really have anyone that could play both the G & F positions and Warrick was the only guy really that could play two (F/C).

Gbinije could play the 3, but I agree, I wish we had another quality shooter at the 3, particularly DNic.

Nichols is in town. Not sure if that means anything re tbt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom