Boeheim presser | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim presser

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
I didn't read much of the board so far re: Miami due to conflicts all day yesterday but watched the DVR of it around midnight yesterday. Watched the JB presser too. Not sure how much of that has been discussed.

Somebody posted his "perilously close" quote and absolutely JB is right. It's good and bad that we are in those situations. Bad that we can't put teams away and/or generate enough offense so that we're in these situations. Good of course that we are winning. JB was such a chatty Kathy in that presser yesterday. Lengthy as well as bizarre answers and much more snarky and sarcastic than he has been all season. Seemed really flustered about the offense. At one point he even mentioned how the coaching needs to get better. I was just really intrigued that's all. Thoughts?

Im not sure if the presser video I just watched was the entire presser, as they didn't show JB leaving the podium (so I don't know if I saw an edited version), but I didn't hear any of the bizarre answers or sarcasm you refer to. It was interesting how he talked about the need to develop the bench. It was very interesting that he said that teams are playing us at a slow pace and so we don't have a need to play a deeper bench because our guys aren't getting tired. He added that when/ if teams play us at a quicker pace, then we may need to play more guys.

Also, he mentioned Rony (Seikaly) was at the game behind the SU bench. Anyone see him and know if there was a pic?

Last edited:
Im not sure if the presser video I just watched was the entire presser, as they didn't show JB leaving the podium (so I don't know if I saw an edited version), but I didn't hear any of the bizarre answers or sarcasm you refer to. It was interesting how he talked about the need to develop the bench. It was very interesting that he said that teams are playing us at a slow pace and so we don't have a need to play a deeper bench because our guys aren't getting tired. He added that when/ if teams play us at a quicker pace, then we may need to play more guys.

Also, he mentioned Rony (Seikaly) was at the game behind the SU bench. Anyone see him and know if there was a pic?

Really? I thought it was obviously interesting but the whole presser had an odd tone to me. Especially that coaching comment like I mentioned. I don't know if that was a message to the assistants or what.

I'm surprised that no one has made light of the comment he made about Ennis. He mentioned that he's only played half way through his college career. Does that mean half way through his first year or half way into his Final year of college. I read this in one of the stories written about yesterday's game.

Really? I thought it was obviously interesting but the whole presser had an odd tone to me. Especially that coaching comment like I mentioned. I don't know if that was a message to the assistants or what.

I think he meant all the coaches have to try to get the freshmen game-ready; I didn't read any message into it. I just didn't think JB came off as snarky as usual.

I was reassured that JB was emphasizing the need for more bench production.

His overall message was that we are playing with fire by not playing a complete game, something I wholeheartedly agree with.

I watched the whole thing and didn't see or hear anything that I would consider bizarre, snarky or sarcastic.

I don't know if that was a message to the assistants or what.

That's not his style, to hang one of his own out to dry like that. Hell, he didn't even throw Bernie under the bus, even took a lot of crap for defending him. I'd bet my last dollar he was referring to himself to take the heat away from his players.

That's not his style, to hang one of his own out to dry like that. Hell, he didn't even throw Bernie under the bus, even took a lot of crap for defending him. I'd bet my last dollar he was referring to himself to take the heat away from his players.

That's probably what it meant. I was still intrigued, regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom