Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim

NKR1978

Living Legend
The fact that we have "fans" who don't appreciate JB is mind boggling. He is not perfect but we are always good to great and that isn't a guarantee.

We are so freaking lucky to have him.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think it is actually me who is making our program good to great. It was no garuantee that I would be a fan of this team, but I am and that makes all of us the luckiest people in the world.

you've isolated this to igor... you could have just made the subject: Igor

body could have read: you.

thanks for comin out.

Igor definitely carries the banner, but you could go back as little as 5 years ago and find plenty of people who saw more of what Boeheim hadn't accomplished than what he had. Sad really.

I think it is actually me who is making our program good to great. It was no garuantee that I would be a fan of this team, but I am and that makes all of us the luckiest people in the world.
Universal law: like attracts like. Perhaps our fans and their attitudes DO help make a program great! Everyone has been in a room where one single person can shift the atmosphere from good to sour. Or vice versa. I actually believe this board has been a power for good that can be felt by our team.

Hear me out! It doesn't matter which came first, the chicken or the egg. The football fans (of which I am one) are very much struggling, as are the team and coaches. It's a hot mess. I figure the best way I can react to football is to let my energy stay neutral. I wish them well. But on the basketball side we all are glowing with high expectations, and have been for many years now. We imagine we can achieve a national championship every year. The players do, too. The synergy is fun and very real. It is a vibration that can be felt, here, in the Dome, and all around the town.

So, HoustonCuse, it really is you! You are a great fan and make a difference. Thank you!

Universal law: like attracts like. Perhaps our fans and their attitudes DO help make a program great! Everyone has been in a room where one single person can shift the atmosphere from good to sour. Or vice versa. I actually believe this board has been a power for good that can be felt by our team.

Hear me out! It doesn't matter which came first, the chicken or the egg. The football fans (of which I am one) are very much struggling, as are the team and coaches. It's a hot mess. I figure the best way I can react to football is to let my energy stay neutral. I wish them well. But on the basketball side we all are glowing with high expectations, and have been for many years now. We imagine we can achieve a national championship every year. The players do, too. The synergy is fun and very real. It is a vibration that can be felt, here, in the Dome, and all around the town.

So, HoustonCuse, it really is you! You are a great fan and make a difference. Thank you!
teetrophy.jpg

Igor definitely carries the banner, but you could go back as little as 5 years ago and find plenty of people who saw more of what Boeheim hadn't accomplished than what he had. Sad really.
Boeheim is a better coach than he was five years! The changes he made to the zone in the 09-10 season were brilliant!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

The fact that we have "fans" who don't appreciate JB is mind boggling. He is not perfect but we are always good to great and that isn't a guarantee.

We are so freaking lucky to have him.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Boeheim at least always has a plan that he prepares the team to execute. I like that.We can't always agree and he isn't always correct but who the hell is!?

Boeheim is a better coach than he was five years! The changes he made to the zone in the 09-10 season were brilliant!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Wait! The zone can be changed? I thought the guys all stood in one spot and waited like those little x's do whenever they breakdown how easy it is to beat the zone by getting it into the middle by "pass or penetration"

Wait! The zone can be changed? I thought the guys all stood in one spot and waited like those little x's do whenever they breakdown how easy it is to beat the zone by getting it into the middle by "pass or penetration"
yes he did change some things, but the reason i'm anti zone exclusive is not field goal defense, but rather rebounding. u can't challenge every perimeter shot and not give up multiple chances per possession. u can't play paratrooper and not give extra shots.

yes he did change some things, but the reason i'm anti zone exclusive is not field goal defense, but rather rebounding. u can't challenge every perimeter shot and not give up multiple chances per possession. u can't play paratrooper and not give extra shots.

Everything is give and take. You can't take away anything without giving up something at the highest levels. JB's zone has proven itself over the years especially lately when we are consistantly ranked very highley in total defense no mater how you judge it. Last year we lost in the FF because of our offense not or D and that was with Mich making some crazy deep bombs early in that game.

You are being silly. What we would not give to have our football program in the same shape as our basketball program. Even my wife was talking about the "ZONE" during the final four and she actually watched all the games with me.

Before 2003 the only knock against him is he had not won the big one. Now the only thing that will silence the critics is winning another one or two. Hopefully he can accomplish that in the few years he has left.
That won't silence the JB critics. They will find something else. Like nose picking. Or that he didn't dunk enough in his prime. Yes. That will do just fine.

Before 2003 the only knock against him is he had not won the big one. Now the only thing that will silence the critics is winning another one or two. Hopefully he can accomplish that in the few years he has left.

I think it's even more interesting than that.

Before 2003 it was he couldn't win a championship. Then he did.

Then for several years after that, it was he never had a team that was dominant wire-to-wire - even his best teams were 2 or 3 seeds. Then he got a 1 seed two out of three years.

Then it was his teams kept hitting the ceiling in the Sweet 16. Now he's made it past that two years in a row.

He's not perfect, but he's had a career that probably fewer than 10 coaches could match. And he's basically not had a bad team in 30 years, which is the one record that might never be matched.

That won't silence the JB critics. They will find something else. Like nose picking. Or that he didn't dunk enough in his prime. Yes. That will do just fine.
We all could do without the nose picking, but he's too old to change that now. Juli must cringe every time he does that on national television.

I think it's even more interesting than that.

Before 2003 it was he couldn't win a championship. Then he did.

Then for several years after that, it was he never had a team that was dominant wire-to-wire - even his best teams were 2 or 3 seeds. Then he got a 1 seed two out of three years.

Then it was his teams kept hitting the ceiling in the Sweet 16. Now he's made it past that two years in a row.

He's not perfect, but he's had a career that probably fewer than 10 coaches could match. And he's basically not had a bad team in 30 years, which is the one record that might never be matched.
Nice first post. And welcome to the paradise of basketball forums. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom