Boneyard Meltdown? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boneyard Meltdown?

He wasn't F'ed over.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
far from it -
its not fed over when you keep george as oc ,cant recruit a legit div1 qb for over a decade -
his time was up plain and simple-
all the good he did at the beginning of his su career was lost those last few years when we became a embarrassment

I like Coach P and have nothing against him. Except when they play SU, I am happy for him to win. I think he probably should have stayed in the pros... less headaches as he gets closer to retirement. Seems like he may now endure his second firing unless he really turns things around quickly.

It's a tough selection committee, but he's enshrined there too.

1 thing is for sure, no real Syracuse fan should be enjoying his tough go. Hate on storz all u want, but to dump on P is an embarrassment.

But I guess that's what happens when u were screwed over and now everyone under say 27, has no clue how much he meant to this school.
First off, when exactly was P "screwed over"? Secondly, yes P was successful for several years and I look forward to the program consistently winning 8 games or more per season. But I also remember being relieved when he was let go. It's not like he left on good terms and then went on to future success. He was fired for cause. He had turned the program into a mediocre one. His last 6 seasons were 7-5, 6-5, 10-3, 4-8, 6-6, 6-6. The 10 win season (2001) was maybe the most frustrating. The promising season was over by week 2 when we were 0-2 and had scored a total of 16 points. The team would average 32 points a game the rest of the year but just when we got back into the top 25 pfffft...59-0 loss to Miami. Sounds weird to say but that was a very disappointing 10 win season. P was/is a good man but he earned his way out of Syracuse and he's doing the same in Storz. Did you hear his post game comments? "I think we have good leaders in the locker room. I think we'll be OK." Good luck with that P.

UConn was plain fugly last night in that loss. The ACC FB schools coming out against them were correct.

Can you imagine how the national media would've piled on the ACC, had they been a member? Heck, they're giving it to us for UNC losing to South Carolina. Throw that UConn embarassment on top of it, and, its 20X as bad.

Sad to say, but it's time for Coach P to accept his severance package (maybe before the season is over???) from U Conn and start collecting his Social Security checks.

far from it -
its not fed over when you keep george as oc ,cant recruit a legit div1 qb for over a decade -
his time was up plain and simple-
all the good he did at the beginning of his su career was lost those last few years when we became a embarrassment
And he had a better jumpstart to his head coaching career than most. He was handed a young talented team on the rise, with most of the coaching staff intact. Those first two 1o win seasons were on a platter for him. Like I said in an earlier post. I like him, he's a good guy and tireless worker. He's just not a good head coach. I feel sorry for him. He needs to retire or be a position coach somewhere.

What's funny is their choices for next head coach. The names being thrown around are nutty.

UConn was plain fugly last night in that loss. The ACC FB schools coming out against them were correct.

Can you imagine how the national media would've piled on the ACC, had they been a member? Heck, they're giving it to us for UNC losing to South Carolina. Throw that UConn embarassment on top of it, and, its 20X as bad.

At least UNC lost to a top six team. UConn didn't even lose to a top six FCS team.

628x471.jpg

I feel bad for the guy, wish he just rode it out in the NFL...men of a certain time and place can be absurdly stubborn, P is one of those.

Exactly!! Those NFL pension checks are very fat and they don't bounce! He could have been a position coach in the NFL for many years, never have to recruit, and had an easy life. Then just ride off into the sunset and had enjoy retirement.

I don’t understand why all the hating on Coach P. I’m pretty happy the guy won over a 100 games here at Syracuse; what did he average about 8 wins a season. I long for the days of annual bowl games without much worry.

Coach P underachieved at Syracuse. With the talent he had he always fell short. That's a fact!

At least UNC lost to a top six team. UConn didn't even lose to a top six FCS team.

Its still the same old lines coming out, and, until we win these games, they will continue. Nonetheless, the ACC schedules up in OOC play. Nobody can say we don't play good opponents.

Coach P underachieved at Syracuse. With the talent he had he always fell short. That's a fact!

Bullshit, most of the sec has more talent than P ever had yet they all under achieve every year. Contrary to popular belief it's not that easy to win 10 or 11 games. While P had some outstanding individual skill players they never had great line talent and they never had great talent across the board in any given season.

Say what you want the guy won a load of games, more than most can say.

To Each his own, I'm done and not going down this road. Cheers

who was the poster who insisted that we never had equal talent? I remember an exchange after the uconn loss a few years ago. Give me a break P and D coached a horrible game yesterday didnt have the team prepared total melt down. It reminds me of a bad nightmare Temple Miami GT...

Buzz AND Jake didn't make it easy forP.P.in his last 6 years or so. WE fell behind much earlier though in the arms race and thank god those two are collecting a pension check. What would really blow my mind is if they name the new IPF the Jake Crouthamel center

Women weaken legs.

He may have been a virgin when that young teacher stalked him. He's never been the same since... But I bet he's happier :)

p got married and lost his groove - hasnt been near as good a head coach since-

Many of you aren't probably very familiar with Maryland football. Rob Ambrose, former UConn OC and QB at Towson, has made a living recruiting Maryland HS talent that Univ. of Maryland has overlooked. He's put a chip on their shoulders and turned a crappy 1AA program into a winner. Didn't surprise me a bit that they won last night - loved every minute of it. Peter Athens at QB, Terrence West at RB, Leon Kinnard at WR - that offense is loaded with talent - think they could beat Maryland on any given Saturday :)

Many of you aren't probably very famaliar with Maryland football. Rob Ambrose, former UConn OC and QB at Towson, has made a living recruiting Maryland HS talent that Univ. of Maryland has overlooked. He's put a chip on their shoulders and turned a crappy 1AA program into a winner. Didn't surprise me a bit that they won last night - loved every minute of it. Peter Athens at QB, Terrence West at RB, Leon Kinnard at WR - that offense is loaded with talent - think they could beat Maryland on any given Saturday :)

Thank goodness Alec didn't go to .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom