Buddy Buckets | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Buckets

Adam was can’t miss afternoon radio when he was at Saturday. You could tell he was going to make it big time.

years ago he registered here but only posted once. I used to chat with him once in awhile. Good guy who’s been all over SU this post season.

BTW- how great a nickname is "Buddy Buckets'?
And...the swag, cujones, the stones it takes for this kid to splash a 3, turn to the WVU kid walking past and say: "I'm a bucket"?!? For real? I mean, who does that???
Buddy Buckets- that's who!

BTW- how great a nickname is "Buddy Buckets'?
And...the swag, cujones, the stones it takes for this kid to splash a 3, turn to the WVU kid walking past and say: "I'm a bucket"?!? For real? I mean, who does that???
Buddy Buckets- that's who!

It is great, although Buddy Boeheim isn't the first with that nickname:

1616598726887.png

Buddy Boeheim | SG/SF | Syracuse
Top 100 ranking: 84

Not only has Buddy Boeheim captured the hearts of college basketball fans nationwide, he thrust himself onto the NBA radar with his incredible shot-making as the catalyst of Syracuse's Sweet 16 run. Boeheim averaged 27.5 points in wins over San Diego State and West Virginia, making 13-of-23 3s in 71 minutes.

We've seen shooters get hot in the NCAA tournament before and never sniff the NBA. This one feels different. Boeheim is far from an out-of-nowhere story. He shot over 45% from 3 as a key piece of an Albany City Rocks AAU team that was led by Isaiah Stewart, now with the Detroit Pistons. He knocked down three triples per game last year at 37% and is averaging 23 points on 58% from 2 and 48% from 3 over his past 10 games. At 6-foot-6 with a versatile shooting stroke, Boeheim is a candidate to hear his name called in 2022 should he opt not to use his fifth year of eligibility.

What separates Boeheim is his ability to shoot the ball on the move, sprinting around screens and getting square in the air in either direction like we've seen from great shooters such as Joe Harris, Kyle Korver, JJ Redick and Duncan Robinson. Although he doesn't have quite as quick of a release as some of those players, he's a threat when he crosses half court, is dangerous out of handoffs, can make a pull-up 3 if you give him space and clearly has the confidence necessary to make it in the NBA. The questions for Boeheim come on the defensive end. While it's tough to evaluate him in Syracuse's zone, watching a quick guard like Miles McBride or a physical wing like Matt Mitchell completely dismiss him in 1-on-1 transition situations was telling.

Boeheim is 6-foot-6, 195 pounds with short arms and a narrow frame, so he doesn't have the size of a Robinson or the strength of a Corey Kispert, Max Strus or Desmond Bane. Boeheim can also continue improving his passing out of quick-hitting actions, even if he is fairly comfortable in pick-and-roll. Studying the trajectory of a player like Garrison Mathews could be beneficial.

We'll learn a lot more about Boeheim against Quentin Grimes and a top-10 defense in Houston next weekend. But at the very least, he has the attention of NBA scouts thanks to his flamethrower jumper and ability to raise his level of play in big moments.

-- Schmitz

Maybe I'm way off here but whats the issue? Its a public image and Buddy's definitely not profiting off it
Well, it's exploiting the name and image of another individual that is not profiting from the use of their identity, and it's doubly weird in Buddy's case because the NCAA prohibits that anyway.

Also, there's a difference between a picture of someone being public vs the picture being in the public domain.

Well, it's exploiting the name and image of another individual that is not profiting from the use of their identity, and it's doubly weird in Buddy's case because the NCAA prohibits that anyway.

Also, there's a difference between a picture of someone being public vs the picture being in the public domain.
Right got that. Not saying that its right, but is there anything illegal about it? I'm not sure

Love Glazed, but not a good look for them. Pretty sure the owner is friends with E. Maybe he can talk sense into him.

They must have heard you. ;)

It's been taken down.

Anyone ever been to Buddys Pub?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors