Buddy has got to get a blow from time to time... | Syracusefan.com

Buddy has got to get a blow from time to time...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
40minutes in a game where he was defended very hard and looked out of sorts most of the game shouldn't happen. I'm not one of these "he gets tired" people. I just think sometimes you need to hit the bench to re-orient yourself, watch the game, and regroup.

Goodine has shown he's a decent defender. He needs more time out there, and Buddy needs to get a rest for a couple of minutes a half. It's not going to sink the team's chances. Buddy was a liability with the ball tonight against a hard pressure team. Brycen needs to get a little run in those moments. 5 turnovers are way too much for a non-primary ball handler. Give him a quick break dad!

40minutes in a game where he was defended very hard and looked out of sorts most of the game shouldn't happen. I'm not one of these "he gets tired" people. I just think sometimes you need to hit the bench to re-orient yourself, watch the game, and regroup.

I do think Buddy does get a shortchanged a bit without an occasional Boeheim Boeheiming of Boeheim.

Goodine has shown he's a decent defender. He needs more time out there, and Buddy needs to get a rest for a couple of minutes a half. It's not going to sink the team's chances. Buddy was a liability with the ball tonight against a hard pressure team. Brycen needs to get a little run in those moments. 5 turnovers are way too much for a non-primary ball handler. Give him a quick break dad!
Having to use Buddy as a breakdown player against even a decent defender is a travesty.
He made a couple of awful mistakes during that NC State run. Was it fatigue? Who knows.
But why he can't be substituted for is beyond me. And why the media refuses to ask JB about this directly...is also beyond me.

Never heard 'get a blow' used in this context before, and yet I've now seen it in two different threads today. Very odd

Hey jg had great game but going 1 for 10 from three killed us.then boeheim was part of the conspiracy and oncehughes couldn’t play how the hell did we get beat by only five. This team despite its youthlack off depth no legitimate center a froshpoint guard who really is a point is simply amazing

I do think Buddy does get a shortchanged a bit without an occasional Boeheim Boeheiming of Boeheim.

My ultimate dream at this point is Towns transferring here, Hughes staying one more year and developing into a shooting guard, and Buddy becoming a 25-minute/per game player where he can stay fresh, be a Vinny Johnson-like assassin off the bench, and have his defensive liabilities minimized. Oh...and that all this leads to one last title run for our venerable coach, with the pleasure this happening with his son on the team.

Honestly, even without my pipe dream, I hope Coach realizes that a little less of his son can be so, so much more...both for his kid and the team.

Buddy had their best defenders on him all night. It was hard for him to get any space and it started effecting him mentally. He recovered and made some buckets but then disappeared the last 5 minutes. he needs to work a little harder to get open (he stands around on the wing way too much), and his teammates didn’t set enough screens for him (we need some double screens up top) or look for him enough on kick outs. And then when he got the ball the last few minutes, he gave it up right away or made bad decisions with it. Hopefully it was just an aberration game.

Last edited:
Buddy had their best defenders on him all night. But he still didn’t work hard enough to get open he last 5 minutes of the game and his teammates didn’t set enough screens for him or look for him enough. And then when he got the ball the last few minutes, he gave it up right away or made bad decisions with it.
Buddy had a poor game. He didn't do anything well and many bad. His turnovers were killers at the end. He played zero D and didnt rebound. Tonight wasn't his night.

Buddy had their best defenders on him all night. It was hard for him to get any space and it started effecting him mentally. He recovered and made some buckets but then disappeared the last 5 minutes. he needs to work a little harder to get open (he stands around on the wing way too much), and his teammates didn’t set enough screens for him (we need some double screens up top) or look for him enough on kick outs. And then when he got the ball the last few minutes, he gave it up right away or made bad decisions with it. Hopefully it was just an aberration game.

He recovered? He backed down Beverly. I feel a bit like that very concerted effort at a recovery took us out of what was a nice offensive flow. We do it a bit, and it seems more often than not the same thing happens. Notre Dame was maybe the most glaring example of that before tonight.

The offense stalls as we wait for our SG to take 10 seconds backing down a defender (and almost always has to come with b2b possessions...daily double!). I can get that shot from my big men at likely the same clip....you're taking up my SG spot, do guard things. :)

I do get it at times...like if the offense is already stalled out.

Last edited:
Buddy had a poor game. He didn't do anything well and many bad. His turnovers were killers at the end. He played zero D and didnt rebound. Tonight wasn't his night.
And he never sat down- let that marinate. Hughes or no Hughes, that just shouldn’t happen.

Rough night but it’s on the coach not him tonight was the night we would see what we had in Brycen and him not coming back in for Buddy at any point was criminal. He needed the break even more when Eli went out and NC st game plan was to mug him. This is on JB completely.

And the break he needed might have been very short one Brycen mistake and he’s back in but mentally it would have been a reset and helped him out.

And he never sat down- let that marinate. Hughes or no Hughes, that just shouldn’t happen.

Be carfeful, some members were trying to shame others over the 14 seconds he sat before Goodine became possibly the first player to get Double Boeheimed.

Hey jg had great game but going 1 for 10 from three killed us.then boeheim was part of the conspiracy and oncehughes couldn’t play how the hell did we get beat by only five. This team despite its youthlack off depth no legitimate center a froshpoint guard who really is a point is simply amazing
NC State - they stunk

I agree Buddy was in his own head a little bit - I think that is why he needed a couple of minutes on the bench sandwiched around a TV tiimeout. Pep talk. Get a breath and let's -ing go.

Buddy now officially leads the team in fg attempts this season . (prior to last night was just fg per minute.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom