Buddy: "I'll be back" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy: "I'll be back"

I wish we had a back alley for you two to step into and get this over with already.
I have no issues with Alsacs. He is a solid poster who brings a lot of good info to the table. I was just giving him some grief for his Buddy leaving for the NBA post.

Exactly. Some people on this board just love to take things out of context and comment without all the information. It gets tiresome.

It's like they have some kind of agenda or something.

Bad faith is going to bad faith

I wrote it twice because i think it is nonsense. We can disagree. that is what this or any board is for. But the kid is a star. Not just a solid player. He wasn't always a star. But right now, he is. I suggest he will be first team all acc pre season next year. That is a star player.

Buddy is an elite college shooter who can be shut off because of some athletic limitations. He can negate some of that by getting stronger and more explosive, which can be improved somewhat through next level training. But he can't do it all on his own against the best teams in the sport.

Buddy is an elite college shooter who can be shut off because of some athletic limitations. He can negate some of that by getting stronger and more explosive, which can be improved somewhat through next level training. But he can't do it all on his own against the best teams in the sport.
the sky is blue. Almost no one can do it alone. We can name them on one hand. Maybe two. He is a star player. He is also working to make himself better.

If he can pick up some speed or explosiveness, that would help obviously. But he can also just learn to pass out of the double team more quickly and efficiently, and to understand when and where each team is going to try to double him. If he does that, he'll either be able to get his shots or get his teammates open shots, and if his teammates start knocking them down then he'll start getting his looks again.

If he can pick up some speed or explosiveness, that would help obviously. But he can also just learn to pass out of the double team more quickly and efficiently, and to understand when and where each team is going to try to double him. If he does that, he'll either be able to get his shots or get his teammates open shots, and if his teammates start knocking them down then he'll start getting his looks again.
the problem as I saw it last night was that the guys he passed it to did nothing good with the ball. They were open. And did nothing.

the problem as I saw it last night was that the guys he passed it to did nothing good with the ball. They were open. And did nothing.

I definitely recall a couple times he dribbled into a bad spot, picked up his dribble, and turned it over when the double came. Same spot both times, too. I was looking for JB to tell him in the next timeout to dribble to the same spot, pick up his dribble, and immediately pivot to pass off his back side where he would have an open teammate every time. Never happened.

I definitely recall a couple times he dribbled into a bad spot, picked up his dribble, and turned it over when the double came. Same spot both times, too. I was looking for JB to tell him in the next timeout to dribble to the same spot, pick up his dribble, and immediately pivot to pass off his back side where he would have an open teammate every time. Never happened.
did you see all of the times he passed to Q or Marek and they did nothing with the ball. Missed shot. missed drive and lay up. Just stand there until their defender came back to them. That was a far greater problem last night than Buddy not passing off the double team. Oh, and that happened all night. Oh, and Buddy had all of two turnovers all night.

did you see all of the times he passed to Q or Marek and they did nothing with the ball. Missed shot. missed drive and lay up. Just stand there until their defender came back to them. That was a far greater problem last night than Buddy not passing off the double team. Oh, and that happened all night. Oh, and Buddy had all of two turnovers all night.

Yup, I'm not saying it's Buddy's fault we lost. I'm saying this is an area he can improve in and it would make a big difference for him next year when he's likely to be a top focus of our opponents' pretty consistently and draw a lot of doubles.

Nonsense. Nonsense. He is a lot more than a solid college player. He is a star. Houston did everything to limit him because he is a star. They double teamed him on every screen. They left the screen alone. He was scoring 24 25 pts a game for 8 to 9 games. My God. he scored over 30 against Virginia. He got better all year. because he works so hard. He will work that hard this summer. I hope out other kids work almost as hard.

A star? Sorry but you are wrong.

Carmelo was a star. Texas and Kansas did everything they could to stop him and they couldn’t.

My god, CJ Fair and Josh Pace and Billy Edelin were better. How about Kris Joseph?

Buddy wilted with an injured player guarding him. Buddy is what he is. A spot up shooter. But he is our best shooter which says more about our recruiting than it does about his ability.

Last edited:
The best thing buddy can do to improve himself this off-season is to convince kadary to stay. And recruiting another forward from the portal so that someone like Benny or a hot transfer dude will get the other teams best defender.

Are you his uncle? He wilted. And he missed at least 3 open 3’s. Stars don’t do that.

It was a Daily Orange kid who asked the question. Buddy was polite and answered the question...unlike pops who got pissed when asked about taking Jesse out at the end of the half.
Jims answer on Edwards was classic. He knows he messed up.

A star? Sorry but you are wrong.

Carmelo was a star. Texas and Kansas did everything they could to stop him and they couldn’t.

My god, CJ Fair and Josh Pace and Billy Edelin were better. How about Kris Joseph?

Buddy wilted with an injured player guarding him. Buddy is what he is. A spot up shooter. But he is our best shooter which says more about our recruiting than it does about his ability.
Buddy IS a star. Melo was a superstar and a generational player. There is a difference. How many players like Melo since 2003?

Buddy IS a star. Melo was a superstar and a generational player. There is a difference. How many players like Melo since 2003?
Disagree. being the go to player on a team with middle tier talent doesn’t make you a star. How many other teams would buddy be the go to scorer for? not many. if buddy had spurned his dad for the zags he’d be a straight catch and shoot player. the fact we need him to create for us and need him to be be our main source of scoring doesn’t make him a star.

Buddy IS a star. Melo was a superstar and a generational player. There is a difference. How many players like Melo since

Since 2003 who were better than Buddy Let’s see….and I’ll just do guards to make it easy….

gmac, andy, edelin, mcw, tyler, triche, eric, Flynn, kadary.

Yeah, he wilted. LOL SMH What you mean is he didn't carry the team anymore. He averaged between 25 and 30 for how many games? 8 or 9? Get back to me on how many Syracuse players have ever done that.

how did he do last night?

Since 2003 who were better than Buddy Let’s see….and I’ll just do guards to make it easy….

gmac, andy, edelin, mcw, tyler, triche, eric, Flynn, kadary.
A) Thats not what he asked
B) Not sure that you understand the concept of a star player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom