Buddy: "I'll be back" | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy: "I'll be back"

lol

So, you're telling me "stars" don't miss 3 shots in a game?

I'd really like to know your definition of a "star".

Must be a pretty short freakin' list. :rolleyes:

Houston’s top two shooters both shot 5/15.
They were 2/9 and 4/12 from 3.

Buddy is the MVP of the team. His hot streak at the end of the year dragged us to getting into the tournament along with expansion of the rotation (I’d argue those two things are connected).

I’m not sure what I’d call Buddy.

His three point shooting is his thing. He ranks 54th in three point shooting percentage in D1 at 38.3%.

His FG% is 43.3%, though.

I think he has all conference potential (meaning one of the three teams). I don’t think he has all American potential. Not sure what that makes him.

Oh, and Carmelo missed 3 3-pointers in an NCAA game.

He must not be a star either, regardless of your post saying he was. Better rethink that.

false equivalencies don’t work with me. Nice try.

and he was a far better guard than buddy is.
Lmfao okay guy. Buddy just backpacked us from the NIT to the Sweet 16 and is at worst the second best pure shooter that I’ve ever seen play for Syracuse.

But at least you’re willing to die on the hill when you say stupid chit so I respect that

Since 2003 who were better than Buddy Let’s see….and I’ll just do guards to make it easy….

gmac, andy, edelin, mcw, tyler, triche, eric, Flynn, kadary.

Buddy this year had a better season than Devendorf ever did here. And Devendorf was a lousy defender in his own right. This comes off as an agenda filled argument tbh.

Why are we arguing over petty crap? Buddy had a great run down the stretch. Is he a star? I have no idea but he is a first class kid who by all accounts is a great teammate and hard worker.

Steph Curry is an all time great shooter and even he has off nights so let’s try and have reasonable expectations for our guys.

Buddy this year had a better season than Devendorf ever did here. And Devendorf was a lousy defender in his own right. This comes off as an agenda filled argument tbh.

i can’t dislike this enough. Eric was a great player and one of our all time great scoring guards. He would have finished as our all time leading scorer had he come back for his last year. My god.

i can’t dislike this enough. Eric was a great player and one of our all time great scoring guards. He would have finished as our all time leading scorer had he come back for his last year. My god.

The stats are the stats and Buddy had better stats this season than Eric ever did. And Eric never was the main go to guy. He was always the second or third banana whether it be Gmac/Nichols/Flynn. I know the fans love him because of his swagger, but Eric never did what Buddy just did for than long of a stretch.

Disagree. being the go to player on a team with middle tier talent doesn’t make you a star. How many other teams would buddy be the go to scorer for? not many. if buddy had spurned his dad for the zags he’d be a straight catch and shoot player. the fact we need him to create for us and need him to be be our main source of scoring doesn’t make him a star.
He just averaged between 25 and 30 pts a game for 8 or 9 games. That is a star player. My God, who cares what he would have done somewhere else.
Since 2003 who were better than Buddy Let’s see….and I’ll just do guards to make it easy….

gmac, andy, edelin, mcw, tyler, triche, eric, Flynn, kadary.
SMH

Why are we arguing over petty crap? Buddy had a great run down the stretch. Is he a star? I have no idea but he is a first class kid who by all accounts is a great teammate and hard worker.

Steph Curry is an all time great shooter and even he has off nights so let’s try and have reasonable expectations for our guys.

I’m arguing it because some fans put our former players on pedestals when in reality they had their faults too. It’s also abundantly clear that it doesn’t matter what Buddy does here in some fans eyes because it will never be good enough for them.

eric was a disaster as a defender. And he never did for syracuse what Buddy just did. and he didn't come back for a reason. And we were a better team after he left because we played better defense.

I’m arguing it because some fans put our former players on pedestals when in reality they had their faults too. It’s also abundantly clear that it doesn’t matter what Buddy does here in some fans eyes because it will never be good enough for them.
And you are 100% correct. If Buddy scored 35 last night and we won, if he had a bad night tomorrow, that would be all that would be talked about.

The stats are the stats and Buddy had better stats this season than Eric ever did. And Eric never was the main go to guy. He was always the second or third banana whether it be Gmac/Nichols/Flynn. I know the fans love him because of his swagger, but Eric never did what Buddy just did for than long of a stretch.
And I don’t think that Eric himself would argue with you about it

I was in the Buddy debates throughout the year. I wanted him to play more efficient and I thought he wasn’t necessarily an elite shooter. He played much more efficient and he shut me up on him being an elite shooter.

Theres no debate anymore. He will play 35+ mins next year and he should. That said...I would prefer an elite defender play next to him in the zone.

He had a tough game yesterday...but with all heat he was getting, there was plenty of room for someone else to work and no one did.

It was a Daily Orange kid who asked the question. Buddy was polite and answered the question...unlike pops who got pissed when asked about taking Jesse out at the end of the half.
The one thing that will set JB off is somebody questioning his coaching. Ask anything else but leave his decisions out of the questions.

I was in the Buddy debates throughout the year. I wanted him to play more efficient and I thought he wasn’t necessarily an elite shooter. He played much more efficient and he shut me up on him being an elite shooter.

Theres no debate anymore. He will play 35+ mins next year and he should. That said...I would prefer an elite defender play next to him in the zone.

He had a tough game yesterday...but with all heat he was getting, there was plenty of room for someone else to work and no one did.
Yeah he earned everyone shut the bleep up status with his play the last month.

We need a SF though that complements his game though.

Yeah he earned everyone shut the bleep up status with his play the last month.

We need a SF though that complements his game though.

absolutely, I’d prefer he not be our go to guy, as I think he’d be lights out as a number 2 or 3 without the other teams focus on him, but the point is he’s earned to play and shoot whenever he wants from here on out without being questioned.

A star? Sorry but you are wrong.

Carmelo was a star. Texas and Kansas did everything they could to stop him and they couldn’t.

My god, CJ Fair and Josh Pace and Billy Edelin were better. How about Kris Joseph?

Buddy wilted with an injured player guarding him. Buddy is what he is. A spot up shooter. But he is our best shooter which says more about our recruiting than it does about his ability.
Carmelo was a generational player. The other three were not as good as buddy. Certainly will not be by the time he graduates.

Jureau (sp?) had a bad hip but guarded Buddy better than anyone he has gone against this year. And when he didn't his teammates picked him up.

In case you didn't notice, Houston played a great defensive game overall.

Carmelo was a generational player. The other three were not as good as buddy. Certainly will not be by the time he graduates.

Jureau (sp?) had a bad hip but guarded Buddy better than anyone he has gone against this year. And when he didn't his teammates picked him up.

In case you didn't notice, Houston played a great defensive game overall.

Think you better go back put respect on CJ Fairs name.
2nd team All American.

He’s better than Buddy right now.

Think you better go back put respect on CJ Fairs name.
2nd team All American.

He’s better than Buddy right now.
That's why I added at least by the time he graduates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom