Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Well looks like Josh is playing QB and RB the rest of the game.

He needs to learn how to win, and this is part of the learning process.
My personal preference would be an impressive game from Josh that ends in a loss, but can't really be mad at getting a W. And if it's any consolation, the further the Bills move down the draft board, the more likely it is that they go offense with their 1st pick lol.

My personal preference would be an impressive game from Josh that ends in a loss, but can't really be mad at getting a W. And if it's any consolation, the further the Bills move down the draft board, the more likely it is that they go offense with their 1st pick lol.

There is a ton of DL talent that is going to go in the first 10-15 picks so you may have a lot to pick from on the offensive side of the ball.

There is a ton of DL talent that is going to go in the first 10-15 picks so you may have a lot to pick from on the offensive side of the ball.
And supposedly a deep draft for WRs. If there is a stud OL capable of playing more than one position, I'd give that a look.

And supposedly a deep draft for WRs. If there is a stud OL capable of playing more than one position, I'd give that a look.

This is definitely one of those drafts where I'm hoping the Bills take multiple WRs; maybe like the 2nd and 4th round or something like that. This WR class is crazy deep.

The top two WRs are supposed to be Metcalf from Ole Miss and Harry from ASU.

Sky is the limit for Allen.. I don't care where we draft, developing the young talent is more important and McBeane (IMO) have shown they can evaluate talent.

As bpo points out, the defensive talent will push an elite OL/WR talent to wherever we draft in the first.

Give Allen some OL help and a legit WR or two opposite Foster and I think he will be a monster next year.

Last edited:
Sky is the limit for Allen.. I don't care where we draft, developing the young talent is more important and McBeane (IMO) have shown they can evaluate talent.

As bpo points out, the defensive talent will push an elite OL/WR talent to wherever we draft in the first.

Give Allen some OL help and a legit WR or two opposite Foster and I think he will be a monster next year.

The real issue is that I don't think there IS an elite OL/WR prospect this year (or really an elite offensive prospect at any position for that matter). I think we'll see guys emerge as great/elite offensive players once they're in the NFL, but there's no clear-cut elite offensive prospect this year. My personal hope is that if Buffalo isn't picking high enough for guys like Ed Oliver and Quinnen Williams (which they don't appear to be), then I hope they can trade down and just stockpile picks.

The real issue is that I don't think there IS an elite OL/WR prospect this year (or really an elite offensive prospect at any position for that matter). I think we'll see guys emerge as great/elite offensive players once they're in the NFL, but there's no clear-cut elite offensive prospect this year. My personal hope is that if Buffalo isn't picking high enough for guys like Ed Oliver and Quinnen Williams (which they don't appear to be), then I hope they can trade down and just stockpile picks.

You might very well be able to trade down cuz DL talent is always in high demand. I know my squad (Philly) will def be looking to bag one of those monsters.

I like Jonah Williams from Bama as an OL but after that, nobody I'm really intrigued by.

First Take discussing the Pats, venture into AFCE QBs.

Max Kellerman: “Sam Darnold is still a baby and Buffalo and Miami don’t have a QB”.

I don’t think it’s possible to disagree with someone more often than I disagree with this guy. 99% of what he says, I feel the other way. He’s the most boring personality on ESPN and I have no idea what purpose he serves.

Max Kellerman: “Sam Darnold is still a baby and Buffalo and Miami don’t have a QB”.

I don’t think it’s possible to disagree with someone more often than I disagree with this guy. 99% of what he says, I feel the other way. He’s the most boring personality on ESPN and I have no idea what purpose he serves.
Kellerman is a hardo who wants to mix politics into sports as often as he can.
Stephen A deserves better but Stephen A likes having him around because his stupidity makes SAS look better.
Embrace debate is okay when I believe the people debating believe what they say and aren’t just playing characters to troll.
SAS trolls the Cowboys and Kevin Durant.
Kellerman trolls the Patriots and Tom Brady it gets old fast.

Allen isn’t Baker Mayfield but definitely gives the Bills something to build around. I see a young Jake Plummer when I watched Allen last week.

And Stephen A was babbling about Derrick Johnson, Hunter Henry and Spencer Ware - what a duo!

Stephen A is actually likable though.
Kellerman is a hardo who literally knows he is playing a character.
The show should be SAS, Max Kellerman and Will Cain. That would be a legit debate show. SAS is actually somewhat in the middle on most politically charged issues, while Max is hard left and Will is hard right. Will Cain also gets a rise out of Stephen A Smith.. Max is just there to get swatted when he disagrees.

...and I actually like the show. I usually have it on in my office.

Kellerman is a hardo who wants to mix politics into sports as often as he can.
Stephen A deserves better but Stephen A likes having him around because his stupidity makes SAS look better.
Embrace debate is okay when I believe the people debating believe what they say and aren’t just playing characters to troll.
SAS trolls the Cowboys and Kevin Durant.
Kellerman trolls the Patriots and Tom Brady it gets old fast.

Allen isn’t Baker Mayfield but definitely gives the Bills something to build around. I see a young Jake Plummer when I watched Allen last week.
I don’t mind if he’s not Mayfield because I think Allen’s ceiling is higher.

My issue with Allen criticisms is they are usually lazy and from people who obviously don’t watch Buffalo.

Meanwhile, the people who do, and deep dive numbers and analytics have a ton of praise for Allen.

Allen can definitely be more accurate and take the check downs instead of always pushing it down the field or looking to run. That’s a valid criticism.

What’s lazy is saying he’s a runner who’s not accurate all because you (ESPN analysts) looked at his completion percentage and barely watch him play.

When PFF etc.. look deeper and provide context, they find his YPA is always the highest or second highest for the week and his Adjusted Completion Percentage, accounting for drops and throwaways is much more in line with good pocket passers.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether it had a positive impact, Allen was barking out stuff and moving teammates prior to snaps much more so than previous games. Left with the feeling he was more in control of the offense.

Regardless of whether it had a positive impact, Allen was barking out stuff and moving teammates prior to snaps much more so than previous games. Left with the feeling he was more in control of the offense.

He's definitely getting more comfortable out there. Still might be quick to pull it down and take off and not really going through all of his progressions, but I think he looks a lot more at ease in there than his first couple of starts. Hopefully he continues to build off that these last two weeks and into next year.

I think Darnold is trash.

Kellerman drives me nuts. I legit want to punch him every time he opens his mouth.

I think Darnold is trash.

Kellerman drives me nuts. I legit want to punch him every time he opens his mouth.
I can’t figure out Darnold. Obviously he’s a rookie so any judgment is a hot take.. he can make some great, pinpoint throws but the second he’s rattled, he might as well hand it to the other team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom