Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 158 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Just got back from watching the game at Buffalo RiverWorks. Probably around 1,000 people or so there. Great atmosphere. Super disappointing end to the season. Think Daboll's erratic play calling did us in. He gets so conservative with any lead that we get, no matter how small. I said early on that settling for FG's would be our downfall, and it was.

The play calling in overtime was absolutely abysmal. For as conservative as Daboll was with the lead, his play calling in overtime was akin to being down 4 with 1:30 left. Empty sets and Singletary can't get the ball once?!? How do you get down to the 39 and Singletary doesn't get one touch?!?!?? I know the offense improved from last year, but they were so dreadful last year that there was nowhere to go but up. If Daboll somehow got a head coach job somewhere, I wouldn't be too sad to see him go.

Do you think that's all Daboll, or on McDermott as well? IMO, Daboll's framework of the offense is created by McDermott.

this was in OT, a couple of plays before the garbage blindside block call:

People on the sideline were immediately pointing to their head, so they saw it in live action...
Ref is right there

It’s going to take me a while to get the image of three lineman failing to block one linebacker out of my head.

That. Was. The. Game.

If one of those guys blocks him, instead of bizarrely running past him, Allen gets 10-20 yards and we’re set up for a game winning 40 yard FG.

It says “forcible contact” in the rule. Its to prevent injuries.

There was no forcible contact on that play and no one was getting hurt.

It was a shiz call and it was made to control the outcome of the game.

I honestly think it was an alright call, just a bad rule imo and in the very least an incorrectly named rule.

the kickoff “common sense” call was far more egregious.

I honestly think it was an alright call, just a bad rule imo and in the very least an incorrectly named rule.

the kickoff “common sense” call was far more egregious.
It’s not in the spirit of the rule. It was a shiz call.

All in all, I’m not really that bothered with a loss. I think we probably get wiped in the next round anyways and the end result doesn’t change the way I felt about the team’s performance. All in all, they played pretty well and importantly, Edmunds and Singletary were great. Allen was decent albeit there were definitely some plays he’d like to have back.

I can’t believe we forced OT after the horrendous 3rd and 4th down calls at the 2 minute warning.

Had guessed that if the crap offense could figure out how to get to 24 then they'd win. Turned out that 20 would have done it. So frustrating.

It’s going to take me a while to get the image of three lineman failing to block one linebacker out of my head.

That. Was. The. Game.

If one of those guys blocks him, instead of bizarrely running past him, Allen gets 10-20 yards and we’re set up for a game winning 40 yard FG.
Dude... couldn’t agree more. That is burned I to My brain along with about 5 other plays. Ugh.

Had guessed that if the crap offense could figure out how to get to 24 then they'd win. Turned out that 20 would have done it. So frustrating.

maybe if the D could tackle...

That. Was. The. Game.

Knox, Morse, and missed the third guy. Instead, they all run by Cunningham, who blasts Allen in the head. Clean play, of course...

That. Was. The. Game.

He might have scored on that, again the little things.

maybe if the D could tackle...

Still sticking to the D is the problem theory? If the offense scores 24 every week they go 15-1 and also win today. You really have to be a complete idiot to stick to that theory when they were the #2 scoring D for the year and then give up 19 in regulation tonight.

Still sticking to the D is the problem theory? If the offense scores 24 every week they go 15-1 and also win today. You really have to be a complete idiot to stick to that theory when they were the #2 scoring D for the year and then give up 19 in regulation tonight.

You think the D played well today? If so, then you're the idiot...

The D managed to make Brady looked good in the game at Foxboro as well, which is no easy task.

You think the D played well today? If so, then you're the idiot...
I do. They gave up 19 pts in regulation to a team that averages 24. Can only bend but not break for so long if the offense starts to fall apart and can't sustain drives or turns it over.

I do. They gave up 19 pts in regulation to a team that averages 24. Can only bend but not break for so long if the offense starts to fall apart and can't sustain drives or turns it over.
Giving up a 16 point lead in the second half does not equate to a good defensive performance.

Giving up a 3rd and 18 on the game losing drive does not put the finishing touches on a good defensive performance.

Defense crapped the bed against NE, and again against Houston. Biggest spots of the season and they choked.

He also had, at least, 5-6 throwaways. I’d be interested to see the adjusted completion percentage.

So do most QBs every week and base level is now 63-65%. Consistently being in the 50s is really pretty bad.

How about that embarrassing 3rd and 18 in OT? Was that the offense's fault?

Poyer being taken for a 5-yard ride on the Foster TD run, followed by a missed tackle on the ensuing 2-pt conversion?

White being smoked on a deep ball? Neal dropping an INT?

The LOLworthy missed tackles?

All the offense's fault, I guess.

Huge stretch, even for an Allen hater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors