Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 159 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

So do most QBs every week and base level is now 63-65%. Consistently being in the 50s is really pretty bad.

Watson completed 80% of his passes today, against a supposed eLiTe defense!

Giving up a 16 point lead in the second half does not equate to a good defensive performance.

Giving up a 3rd and 18 on the game losing drive does not put the finishing touches on a good defense performance.

16 points is not enough to win in modern football

Giving up a 16 point lead in the second half does not equate to a good defensive performance.

Giving up a 3rd and 18 on the game losing drive does not put the finishing touches on a good defense performance.

Is it really giving up a 16 point lead if the offense stops scoring. Did you really expect a shutout then? That's ridiculous and your expectations are dumb. You really think that 19 points scored is good enough to win playoff games?

16 points is not enough to win in modern football
Oh, I agree.

but...

Most teams don’t have a defensive head coach, with a ton of resources and high draft picks poured into the defense.

We know what this team was this year. Defense, a finished product. Offense, a year away.

I’m not going to tippy toe around our defense coming up small in two big moments to end the season.

Oh, I agree.

but...

Most teams don’t have a defensive head coach, with a ton of resources and high draft picks poured into the defense.

We know what this team was this year. Defense, a finished product. Offense, a year away.

I’m not going to tippy toe around our defense coming up small in two big moments to end the season.

They spent a top ten pick on a QB. And signed multiple WRs. The rules are biased towards offense in modern football. There’s very little excuse to be this bad at passing the ball

How about that embarrassing 3rd and 18 in OT? Was that the offense's fault?

Poyer being taken for a 5-yard ride on the Foster TD run, followed by a missed tackle on the ensuing 2-pt conversion?

White being smoked on a deep ball? Neal dropping an INT?

The LOLworthy missed tackles?

All the offense's fault, I guess.

Huge stretch, even for an Allen hater.
19 pts allowed in regulation. NFL avg is 23. The way they get there is fairly irrelevant to me. I don't care what happens if the end result is that you score 20 and win today. Allens fumble was more of a killer than any play by the defense if you want to break it down to single plays.

Enough to lose. Watson went 20-25 under constant pressure.
Answer the question. It shouldn’t be difficult. You clearly have a reason for saying this.

I can read the box score. I also watched the game.

What throws did Allen miss?

I can think of one... and then I realized Watt hit his shoulder on the release.

I just don’t really remember watching the game and thinking his accuracy was ever an issue.

Look the blame falls on both sides. The d was great for nearly 3 quarters and then like the NE and Cle games struggled to make a stop late when we really need it. The 3rd and 18 was an absolute disaster and missed tackles were an e enormous problem the second half of the season along with at least a dozen missed sacks due to lack of wrapping up.

All that said at some point this offense has to actually show up. I mean Daboll and McDermott realize we can score like 25+ pts right or god forbid 30+. Its hard to drop the hammer on the Defense when there expected to bail out an offense white knuckling every game. Dabolls red or near red zone playcalling outside of the 1st drive was abysmal and why we kept going to Gore down there defied logic. We were up 16-0, make one of those fgs a TD the game is over.

You think the D played well today? If so, then you're the idiot...

You can’t legitimately argue that the defense didn’t play well overall today. They slipped up a bit in the second half but the first half still happened. They did their job overall. Offense came up a little short.

Bills have a had a garbage offense for 20 years and they still get excuses for them

They spent a top ten pick on a QB. And signed multiple WRs. The rules are biased towards offense in modern football. There’s very little excuse to be this bad at passing the ball
There certainly is not. I blame philosophy more than Allen. Now, that certainly doesn’t mean Allen has arrived. He needs to be better, but my main issue has really been with the long ball this year. He’s way better at everything else.

He also threw for 264 yards. Ran for 92. Caught a TD.

What were all these additions doing? Allen and Singletary were a two man show. Unfortunately Watson/Hopkins were better.

Answer the question. It shouldn’t be difficult. You clearly have a reason for saying this.

I can read the box score. I also watched the game.

What throws did Allen miss?

I can think of one... and then I realized Watt hit his shoulder on the release.

I just don’t really remember watching the game and thinking his accuracy was ever an issue.

The guy finished last in the NFL in comp% for the 2nd year in a row. Its an issue on a weekly basis. We are just programmed to not expect much and be happy when he can hit a 10 yard out. If you think he didn't miss throws then its because hes missing reads then.

There certainly is not. I blame philosophy more than Allen. Now, that certainly doesn’t mean Allen has arrived. He needs to be better, but my main issue has really been with the long ball this year. He’s way better at everything else.

He also threw for 264 yards. Ran for 92. Caught a TD.

What were all these additions doing? Allen and Singletary were a two man show. Unfortunately Watson/Hopkins were better.

We need an elite wr desperately. As much as he is a diva we should call Cleveland tomorrow about Beckham. AJ Green is to broken physically and I don't trust Cooper.

19 pts allowed in regulation. NFL avg is 23. The way they get there is fairly irrelevant to me. I don't care what happens if the end result is that you score 20 and win today. Allens fumble was more of a killer than any play by the defense if you want to break it down to single plays.

And if the D does their job, 19 is enough to win. Allen's fumble, while a bad play, was around midfield, which means that the Texans were still not in FG range. Your last sentence is pretty funny though - how do you arrive at this conclusion?

The guy finished last in the NFL in comp% for the 2nd year in a row. Its an issue on a weekly basis. We are just programmed to not expect much and be happy when he can hit a 10 yard out. If you think he didn't miss throws then its because hes missing reads then.

Again, no answers provided. Just broad generalities.

You can’t legitimately argue that the defense didn’t play well overall today. They slipped up a bit in the second half but the first half still happened. They did their job overall. Offense came up a little short.

He has been consistent in his opinion that a defense that finished in the top 3 in most metrics is THE problem. Not really much of a point to try to use common sense in your argument.

We need an elite wr desperately. As much as he is a diva we should call Cleveland tomorrow about Beckham. AJ Green is to broken physically and I don't trust Cooper.
I’d take Beckham. He’s annoying, but from all accounts is a good locker room guy and works hard.

And the offense was good in the first half. So, it seems to me that both sides had a big hand in the loss.

The D gave up points on 3 consecutive possessions, in the 3rd and 4th quarters, Granted, one was a short field due to the Allen fumble, but the TD drives were 75 and 74 yards.

And the FG drive in OT was pretty long as well.

He has been consistent in his opinion that a defense that finished in the top 3 in most metrics is THE problem. Not really much of a point to try to use common sense in your argument.

Coming from the guy who compared Jabari Parker to Melo? That was you, right?

LOL.

I’d take Beckham. He’s annoying, but from all accounts is a good locker room guy and works hard.

There going to have to rebuild again, we should call tomorrow and offer a 2nd rounder and see what happens. They clearly need to move him and he is the guy this offense needs

And if the D does their job, 19 is enough to win. Allen's fumble, while a bad play, was around midfield, which means that the Texans were still not in FG range. Your last sentence is pretty funny though - how do you arrive at this conclusion?

If they do their job? They just held down an elite offense for most of the game and gave the offense a chance to win with 20 points. Go call the whiner line or something. I can't really understand anyone that thinks the defense is the problem on the team when they finished 2 of 32 in scoring defense and then gives up less than league average to a high end offense on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom