Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2021 Thread

Allen messed up the QB sneak in Tennessee, and he can’t lose his footing there.

That said.. what are we wanting him to do last night? Puts in on Diggs for a TD, Diggs can’t catch it. Knox with multiple drops, all in big moments.

Drives us down twice late, no running game so it’s all on him. We waste one run both times on Zack Moss nonsense. He missed Gabe Davis, and the wind took the sideline throw to Diggs, but the Bass Miss and then Knox’s brutal false start were killers.

I just have zero issue with Allen.. people who criticize him seem to not acknowledge he has no running game, a mediocre OL that’s been patchwork all year and all but maybe one of our home games have been awful weather.
Well he also lost his footing on the 2nd&goal sack. Stay on your feet man. And step up in the pocket when it's available (I know it isn't always).
I'm not saying he stinks or the circumstances are ideal. Higher standard comes with his contract, that's life.

Allen messed up the QB sneak in Tennessee, and he can’t lose his footing there.

That said.. what are we wanting him to do last night? Puts in on Diggs for a TD, Diggs can’t catch it. Knox with multiple drops, all in big moments.

Drives us down twice late, no running game so it’s all on him. We waste one run both times on Zack Moss nonsense. He missed Gabe Davis, and the wind took the sideline throw to Diggs, but the Bass Miss and then Knox’s brutal false start were killers.

I just have zero issue with Allen.. people who criticize him seem to not acknowledge he has no running game, a mediocre OL that’s been patchwork all year and all but maybe one of our home games have been awful weather.
Allen played really well and did more than enough to win the game if he wasn’t let down by his teammates.

Allen also made a few crucial mistakes that could have won the game for us despite being let down by his teammates.

Everything about that game pretty much sucked but we were still knocking on the door to winning it because it wasn’t really football.

Allen played really well and did more than enough to win the game if he wasn’t let down by his teammates.

Allen also made a few crucial mistakes that could have won the game for us despite being let down by his teammates.

Everything about that game pretty much sucked but we were still knocking on the door to winning it because it wasn’t really football.
The sad thing is when we had the second drive down to around the 15, I just fully expected 0 points. It's become expected to take a penalty or a sack to create a third and long in these situations. It's all around bad execution, set up by suspect play calling.

I mean I truly would have been stunned if they converted late. Which is ridiculous.

The sad thing is when we had the second drive down to around the 15, I just fully expected 0 points. It's become expected to take a penalty or a sack to create a third and long in these situations. It's all around bad execution, set up by suspect play calling.

I mean I truly would have been stunned if they converted late. Which is ridiculous.

Same which is really sad, zero doubt if that was NE that they find away to score. Hard not to feel like this team needs a major overhaul next year and a change at one of the coordinator spots.

The 1st down runs are a throw away down. Daboll's insistence on trying to run - when it's clear that we're not good at it - is maddening.

Same which is really sad, zero doubt if that was NE that they find away to score. Hard not to feel like this team needs a major overhaul next year and a change at one of the coordinator spots.

If they miss the playoffs, you have to think there will be changes. OL coach at the very least.

If we make it, I still think the OL coach may be out, but probably no other changes.

We absolutely need to revamp the lines. I don’t even care if every pick and every FA signing in OL/DL/RB, just get the IOL fixed, and say your goodbyes to Butler, Hughes, Addison, Singletary and Moss.

Along with the salary cap going up and guys we should move off from, this team could look much different in those areas.

Moss has zero vision. He's a straight line runner. It sometimes seems as though he has the running philosophy of Leroy Hoard: "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."
Too small to be a zero moves power runner.

If Beasley is too hurt to contribute then put McKenzie in the slot. If he's not hurt then he would have been the perfect guy to target in those conditions last night.

McKenzie had to be hurt? Otherwise, odd inactive considering he’s a guy who can actually run some misdirection plays, sweeps, etc.

Very long and premature post incoming on what I currently think about the upcoming offseason on the offensive side of the ball (I just don't have it in me to go over the full roster right now). Given the age of the WR room and the ineptitude of the TEs and overall run game, I expect there will be a decent amount of new pieces next year. The only offensive players that I think are really locked in for next season are Allen, Diggs, Davis, Dawkins, and Brown. Everyone else probably needs to at least be considered.

Coaching staff:

I think we will likely end up with a worse offensive coordinator as a result, but I do expect Daboll to be gone one way or another this offseason, be it for a head coaching job or from being let go. New OLine coach/run game coordinator obviously wouldn't be a surprise either.

Running back:

Seems like a pretty safe bet that the RB room will be addressed this offseason, but I actually think after those 5 guys mentioned above, I might argue that Singletary and Breida would be next on my list (which may be the problem with the offense to begin with lol). Singletary has run the ball pretty well considering what he's been working with IMO; his elusiveness has returned and he's currently in the top 15 in DVOA on the season. His issue has always been, and remains, that he is just a terrible receiver out of the backfield and poor pass blocker as well so he limits the versatility of your offense. Given the lack of versatility, he shouldn't be our top RB, but I think he'd be a good backup. Breida and Moss have both had their moments this season, but neither is a starting caliber guy. To me, pick between Breida and Singletary to be your primary backup next season and move on from the other two. I don't want to invest much in the position to begin with, but we should be able to find a versatile enough RB to fit into our ideal system without breaking the bank.

Wide Receiver:

I wouldn't say it's a must that we move on from Beasley and Sanders but it's certainly an option we need to consider, both for cap and productivity/age reasons. Davis is too talented to leave on the sidelines (though we could just play all of them). But ultimately, I think with another offseason of aging, Beasley may be a luxury we can't afford anymore. As always, I think it always makes sense to continue adding young talent to the WR room.

Tight End:

Knox is cheap enough that he can stay as a backup, but we really have to find a way to upgrade the position. Knox doesn't block well and literally has some of the worst hands in the league for a pass catcher. It's a joke that he's remained the starter this long and a testament to how bad our backups are.

OLine:

As mentioned earlier, keep Dawkins and Brown. The rest should be on the table. Morse isn't bad, but we can use his contract to free up much needed cap space. The guards are pretty bad.

Quarterback:

Josh Allen is good. Still takes too many terrible sacks and he's taken at least a slight step backwards this season, but he's still one of the best QBs out there and thank god for that.

McD should have kicked a field goal and went for an onsides kick.

If Beasley is too hurt to contribute then put McKenzie in the slot. If he's not hurt then he would have been the perfect guy to target in those conditions last night.

Can’t play McKenzie.. McD is too busy talking ish about him in the press.

I'd put more blame on McDermott and Daboll
Hyde egregiously overcommitted on the Harris TD run and got burned for it. But he's in the press conference being defensive.

McKenzie just sucks as a receiver. He's only good for the jet sweeps (which might be a nice wrinkle to add back into the offense considering how bad the run game has been, but still).

Very long and premature post incoming on what I currently think about the upcoming offseason on the offensive side of the ball (I just don't have it in me to go over the full roster right now). Given the age of the WR room and the ineptitude of the TEs and overall run game, I expect there will be a decent amount of new pieces next year. The only offensive players that I think are really locked in for next season are Allen, Diggs, Davis, Dawkins, and Brown. Everyone else probably needs to at least be considered.

Coaching staff:

I think we will likely end up with a worse offensive coordinator as a result, but I do expect Daboll to be gone one way or another this offseason, be it for a head coaching job or from being let go. New OLine coach/run game coordinator obviously wouldn't be a surprise either.

Running back:

Seems like a pretty safe bet that the RB room will be addressed this offseason, but I actually think after those 5 guys mentioned above, I might argue that Singletary and Breida would be next on my list (which may be the problem with the offense to begin with lol). Singletary has run the ball pretty well considering what he's been working with IMO; his elusiveness has returned and he's currently in the top 15 in DVOA on the season. His issue has always been, and remains, that he is just a terrible receiver out of the backfield and poor pass blocker as well so he limits the versatility of your offense. Given the lack of versatility, he shouldn't be our top RB, but I think he'd be a good backup. Breida and Moss have both had their moments this season, but neither is a starting caliber guy. To me, pick between Breida and Singletary to be your primary backup next season and move on from the other two. I don't want to invest much in the position to begin with, but we should be able to find a versatile enough RB to fit into our ideal system without breaking the bank.

Wide Receiver:

I wouldn't say it's a must that we move on from Beasley and Sanders but it's certainly an option we need to consider, both for cap and productivity/age reasons. Davis is too talented to leave on the sidelines (though we could just play all of them). But ultimately, I think with another offseason of aging, Beasley may be a luxury we can't afford anymore. As always, I think it always makes sense to continue adding young talent to the WR room.

Tight End:

Knox is cheap enough that he can stay as a backup, but we really have to find a way to upgrade the position. Knox doesn't block well and literally has some of the worst hands in the league for a pass catcher. It's a joke that he's remained the starter this long and a testament to how bad our backups are.

OLine:

As mentioned earlier, keep Dawkins and Brown. The rest should be on the table. Morse isn't bad, but we can use his contract to free up much needed cap space. The guards are pretty bad.

Quarterback:

Josh Allen is good. Still takes too many terrible sacks and he's taken at least a slight step backwards this season, but he's still one of the best QBs out there and thank god for that.

I don’t know that I agree with you on Knox. Prior to last night, he was turning into an upper echelon TE. Let’s just hope it was a bad game in ridiculous conditions… Diggs of all people bungled a TD.

Josh Allen has taken a slight step back, but I think that’s more a team issue than a Josh issue.

The rest I agree with. Morse is 50/50 on keeping but I’d move off any of the other aging high dollar guys… Hughes, Addison, Butler, Beasley and Sanders. It’s not like they’ve really been giving us much anyway (Sanders has had moments). That money could, and should, be used elsewhere.

McKenzie just sucks as a receiver. He's only good for the jet sweeps (which might be a nice wrinkle to add back into the offense considering how bad the run game has been, but still).

Perhaps he's a terrible route runner, but it just seems like he never gets any opportunities at the WR spot. He averages 9 yards per reception for his career, which doesn't seem terrible for a slot guy whose snap count at receiver is very low.

I don’t know that I agree with you on Knox. Prior to last night, he was turning into an upper echelon TE. Let’s just hope it was a bad game in ridiculous conditions… Diggs of all people bungled a TD.

Josh Allen has taken a slight step back, but I think that’s more a team issue than a Josh issue.

The rest I agree with. Morse is 50/50 on keeping but I’d move off any of the other aging high dollar guys… Hughes, Addison, Butler, Beasley and Sanders. It’s not like they’ve really been giving us much anyway (Sanders has had moments). That money could, and should, be used elsewhere.

Not sure Buffalo can move on from Beasley, Sanders is a one year deal so he's gone and so is Mckenzie, if we move on from Beasley to your left with just Diggs and Davis plus Stevenson. Think we have to keep Beasley, make Davis a starter and then either get a FA or draft a slot or wide guy depending on who we like. Stevenson is a wildcard next year, no idea if he can earn reps in the slot.

Hyde egregiously overcommitted on the Harris TD run and got burned for it. But he's in the press conference being defensive.

He was but he just lost a big game, hard not to be upset

If we lose to Tampa Bay, who y’all rooting for in Indy/NE…

NE loses to Indy, and we beat CAR, NE, ATL and NYJ, Buffalo wins the division.

But if we lose to NE again, Indy could be the team that takes our playoff spot.

Colts are 7-6 with Pats, Cardinals, Raiders & Jags.

If we lose to Tampa Bay, who y’all rooting for in Indy/NE…

NE loses to Indy, and we beat CAR, NE, ATL and NYJ, Buffalo wins the division.

But if we lose to NE again, Indy could be the team that takes our playoff spot.

Colts are 7-6 with Pats, Cardinals, Raiders & Jags.

Tough call, based on NE's schedule I think you have to root for them assuming the Colts will lose to the Cardinals. The key for Buffalo is for the AFC West and North to keep beating each other up. Minnesota beating Pitt Thursday night would be a nice help. KC needs to keep winning as well.

Tough call, based on NE's schedule I think you have to root for them assuming the Colts will lose to the Cardinals. The key for Buffalo is for the AFC West and North to keep beating each other up. Minnesota beating Pitt Thursday night would be a nice help. KC needs to keep winning as well.

Yea, I’d probably be tempted to root for NE, then hope we beat them and get some help from Miami final week of the season. A game where Miami could actually be playing to get in.

Not sure Buffalo can move on from Beasley, Sanders is a one year deal so he's gone and so is Mckenzie, if we move on from Beasley to your left with just Diggs and Davis plus Stevenson. Think we have to keep Beasley, make Davis a starter and then either get a FA or draft a slot or wide guy depending on who we like. Stevenson is a wildcard next year, no idea if he can earn reps in the slot.

Moving off of Sanders and Beasley would be with us going after a high end #2 WR in Free Agency or targeting a guy like Jameson Williams in the Draft. I definitely wouldn’t roll with just Diggs, Davis and Stevenson plus randoms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom