Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

That seems right. But then Troy Vincent probably shouldn't be saying "I don't know where people are getting this 5minute thing from".
Joe Buck (say what you want about him) wouldn't just pull that out of thin air.
Buck said it 4 times on the air.

Vincent is protecting the shield, as they sign his paychecks.

CPR brought his heartbeat back. AEDs won’t start a stopped heart, they restore rhythm to a heart that’s beating out of rhythm.

I don't want to sound smarty, but I don't believe this is correct.

The device is attached and derives if the heart-beat is either "off" or not consistent, and executes a charge at the right time to restart the rhythym.

CPR brought his heartbeat back. AEDs won’t start a stopped heart, they restore rhythm to a heart that’s beating out of rhythm.
Vfib is essentially equivalent to a stopped heart because there is no useful / coordinated contraction. Wont likely be able to detect a pulse in the field either.

It's different leading with the shoulder vs. the helmet.

Too many "coincidences" in under a quarter of game time for me: the Hendrickson barrel roll into Allen's legs, Hurst spearing Johnson in the back of the head, and this.
No.

I don't want to sound smarty, but I don't believe this is correct.

The device is attached and derives if the heart-beat is either "off" or not consistent, and executes a charge at the right time to restart the rhythym.

I’m no doctor. My understanding, though, has always been that if there is no heartbeat, an AED isn’t going to help.

I’m no doctor. My understanding, though, has always been that if there is no heartbeat, an AED isn’t going to help.

Oh, yes, my misunderstanding. If the heart is completely stopped, the AED will not work.

Since I think this was the Commotio Cortis indication where the heart was just "off" I assumed it would work.

But probably not if they were actually performing CPR for 8-9 mins

Why not just say the game is officially cancelled and we're figuring out how to treat it in the win/loss column for both teams? It's clearly not going to be played at a different time.

I dont think the can just cancel without working thru a ton of details.. guys have contracts with games played and stat bonuses and the playoffs and seeding and draft orders all tie in as well.

Then if moving things back a week is an option you need to see if stadiums are free and players agree to that.

If you cancel and a team missed the playoffs thru a tiebreaker then the players union for guys on that team is pissed..

I mean look at GB they need to win because of conf record being a thing.. Cancelling a game screws that up in the AFC if it matters.

And what they do also means something if it happens again since it will set a precedent. I dont recall them doing anything in 71 when it happened. they just finished the game.

I dont think the can just cancel without working thru a ton of details.. guys have contracts with games played and stat bonuses and the playoffs and seeding and draft orders all tie in as well.

Then if moving things back a week is an option you need to see if stadiums are free and players agree to that.

If you cancel and a team missed the playoffs thru a tiebreaker then the players union for guys on that team is pissed..

I mean look at GB they need to win because of conf record being a thing.. Cancelling a game screws that up in the AFC if it matters.

And what they do also means something if it happens again since it will set a precedent. I dont recall them doing anything in 71 when it happened. they just finished the game.
Jesus H, I haven’t thought of any of these things. Man there are a lot more moving parts and dominos than I realized

Why not just say the game is officially cancelled and we're figuring out how to treat it in the win/loss column for both teams? It's clearly not going to be played at a different time.

There's so many different parts to this. If they cancel/void the game then BUF/CIN and Baltimore get screwed over. Then there's potentially the player bonuses/stats that upperdeck mentioned, which can also have an effect on the salary cap for this year/next year.

Everything is on the table. But the only thing that matters right now is Damar's health

The only way to play the BUF/CINCI game is to push everything back one week and then don't have a bye week prior to the SB. That is certainly possible but I don't see the NFL doing that.

There's so many different parts to this. If they cancel/void the game then BUF/CIN and Baltimore get screwed over. Then there's potentially the player bonuses/stats that upperdeck mentioned, which can also have an effect on the salary cap for this year/next year.

Everything is on the table. But the only thing that matters right now is Damar's health

I understand that, but I also think there is zero chance that the playoffs get pushed back a week. So if the playoffs aren’t getting pushed, where does that leave us? That’s the only way this game gets played.

I understand that, but I also think there is zero chance that the playoffs get pushed back a week. So if the playoffs aren’t getting pushed, where does that leave us? That’s the only way this game gets played.

Yeah I hear you, I wouldn’t say I’m expecting it. I’m just repeating what I read that the league is considering every option which includes moving the playoffs 1 week back.

There’s no perfect scenario here.

My guess is they won’t play the game and they’ll just seed by winning percentage. This will put the bills 2nd despite beating the chiefs in KC. Tough nuggies. More important things in life

Bayless tried to do damage control in subsequent tweets, but the damage was done. He’s a bloviating, clickbait buffoon.

I don’t have cable, hence, I don’t see Ryan Clark on ESPN. I did tonight, though; he deserves an Emmy & a raise.

He is just really good at his job. Always seems to be a thoughtful, intelligent guy. I like his analysis. Not surprised he did well in this situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom