Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

FWIW, my sister in law is an ER doctor and said they apparently had to prone Hamlin, which is generally a bad sign. She said it’s possible they cracked his ribs when administering CPR and blood was getting into his chest, or that he has an underlying condition that necessitates it, but long story short is that proning is generally reserved for pretty dire situations.

Edit: I believe the proning news came last night though so it’s possible they did receive good news this morning. That’s obviously what I’m hoping for.

Last edited:
FWIW, my sister in law is an ER doctor and said they apparently had to prone Hamlin, which is generally a bad sign. She said it’s possible they cracked his ribs when administering CPR and blood was getting into his chest, or that he has an underlying condition that necessitates it, but long story short is that proning is generally reserved for pretty dire situations.

Edit: I believe the proning news came last night though so it’s possible they did receive good news this morning. That’s obviously what I’m hoping for.
Yes, the update I read last night was that Hamlin was "flipped onto his stomach" in order to relieve lung pressure.

Fingers crossed...

D see
Yes, the update I read last night was that Hamlin was "flipped onto his stomach" in order to relieve lung pressure.

Fingers crossed...
Probably dropped a lung by fracturing ribs doing compressions. maybe even a hemopneumothorax. Having said that, that’s all stuff that will heal with with treatment and time. Still worried about the anoxic brain injury potential but they generally don’t improve like he is apparently. If his brain is good to go (and that is also not an all or nothing situation) I’m very optimistic the rest will heal over time given the quality of care at that institution and how close they were to the facility .

How I would handle this if I was Goodell:

-play the regular slate of games this weekend
-push playoffs back one week and eliminate the off week before the Super Bowl which no one likes anyway
-pick up Bills/Bengals where it left off at 7-3. It would be the only game played two Sundays from now
-every player in the league wears a #3 decal on their helmet this weekend and every NFL field has a #3 graphic on it. With a long moment of silence before each game.

How I would handle this if I was Goodell:

-play the regular slate of games this weekend
-push playoffs back one week and eliminate the off week before the Super Bowl which no one likes anyway
-pick up Bills/Bengals where it left off at 7-3. It would be the only game played two Sundays from now
-every player in the league wears a #3 decal on their helmet this weekend and every NFL field has a #3 graphic on it. With a long moment of silence before each game.
I wouldn’t play it unless it was needed for seeding and teams couldn’t agree to a coin flip. The league could cover any incentive bonuses missed by not playing the game.

I wouldn’t play it unless it was needed for seeding and teams couldn’t agree to a coin flip. The league could cover any incentive bonuses missed by not playing the game.
Yeah I wouldn't play the game unless it was necessary to determine a bye. Seeding is what it is. It won't keep anyone out of the playoffs.

There is an extremely high probability that the game will be needed for seeding, one way or the other. Of course the NFL can wait until this weekend's results to know for sure.

I've been saying all along that this is the only viable outcome. Yeah it'll suck for a few teams (especially the Bills and Bengals) but they aren't going to majorly disrupt the season in order to get this game in.

Key phrase here is NEUROLOGICALLY INTACT. That’s the phrase we’ve been needing to hear, and now we’ve heard it. I’d be very surprised given his overall baseline physical health if he doesn’t walk out of there in the not too distant future, however potential complications still exist and can turn the tide quickly for the worse, so don’t think it’s a done deal yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom