Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2022 Thread

The conversation on twitter about the options are out of control. If you wanted to know the run time for compassion from other fanbases its three days. Holy lord some of the comments and conspiracy theories I read today were beyond nuts. One was so bad I had to actually respond. Everything from Buffalo wants sympathy, to were demanding the one seed, that we should have played the game or forfeited that day, NFL is trying to bend over backwards for Buffalo, Buffalo was down 7-3 and should just take a loss etc. The best one I read was that Pegula should call the NFL and forfeit.
The 1st rule of Twitter is most people are idiots.

8 playoff teams is so incredibly stupid. Nobody makes the rules up as they go more than the NFL. Got to bring all the stops out to get Rodgers in the playoffs for sure.

As amazing as this all is and how lucky we are that appears our boy is on the road to recovery, I would be remiss if I didn’t point out how lucky the Chiefs once again make out as they in all likelihood will be the 1 seed despite losing to the two teams they will be seeded directly ahead of.

It's annoying but the Chiefs are not as good as they've been in the past. Just like at some of their results this year

20-17 loss to Indy
30-29 win at home to LV
20-17 win at home in OT when the Titans couldn't throw the ball
34-28 win at Denver
30-24 OT win at Houston when Mahomes had like a 90% completion rate.
27-24 win at home to Denver

Their defense stinks and if Mahomes' play drops off even a little bit, they're going down before the Super Bowl. Buffalo and Cincinatti are the two best AFC teams IMO.

A Bills - Chiefs rematch, if it comes to that, in Indianapolis?

Nobody ever mentions Cincy getting the short end of this. They had a definite shot at two seed.

Bills also lost the ability to control their own destiny for the #1 seed. Honestly the NFL should have just pushed everything back a week and re-played the game to stop all the complaining from all 3 fanbases. Each one thinks its rigged for the other.

so in review, assuming all three of KC, Buffalo, Cincy win this weekend and are seeded 1,2,3 going into playoffs.

KC vs buffalo AFC championship: neutral site.
Buffalo vs Cincy: Buffalo will host since they each played 17 games and Buffalo is higher seed.
KC vs Cincy: KC will host, despite unequal number of games because even with a win over Buffalo, Cincy would not have caught KC.

Bills also lost the ability to control their own destiny for the #1 seed. Honestly the NFL should have just pushed everything back a week and re-played the game to stop all the complaining from all 3 fanbases. Each one thinks its rigged for the other.
that would be worse. now you are giving every team a major advantage having a bye week except buffalo and cincy, headed into the playoffs. as a bills fan, I don't hate what they've proposed.

Nobody ever mentions Cincy getting the short end of this. They had a definite shot at two seed.
True, but the relative advantage of a 2 vs 3 seed is marginal relative to the huge advantage of a 1 vs 2 seed.

Or fans just could be a BIT reasonable and realize the severity of the situation, the nuance of everything that goes into the whole process and possibly just enjoy the playoffs regardless. I know way too much to ask. The NFL fanbase is just so rabid that most simply don't really care much

So do the stats count from the game ? What about fantasy football championships ? We can now wallow in such mundanities

Or fans just could be a BIT reasonable and realize the severity of the situation, the nuance of everything that goes into the whole process and possibly just enjoy the playoffs regardless. I know way too much to ask. The NFL fanbase is just so rabid stupid that most simply don't really care much
FIFY

True, but the relative advantage of a 2 vs 3 seed is marginal relative to the huge advantage of a 1 vs 2 seed.
Why? 2 seed gets worst seeded wild card and home field thru second round? That's a marginal advantage?

so in review, assuming all three of KC, Buffalo, Cincy win this weekend and are seeded 1,2,3 going into playoffs.

KC vs buffalo AFC championship: neutral site.
Buffalo vs Cincy: Buffalo will host since they each played 17 games and Buffalo is higher seed.
KC vs Cincy: KC will host, despite unequal number of games because even with a win over Buffalo, Cincy would not have caught KC.
If KC lost to Vegas and Bengals won out Cincy was top speed.

I support the AFC Champ game at a neutral site move. Indy is a natural choice due to it being centralized between Buffalo, KC and Cincinnati. Detroit could also work.

So do the stats count from the game ? What about fantasy football championships ? We can now wallow in such mundanities
Most platforms just called the matchup at whatever they ended as. No different than a player getting hurt and not playing. Unfortunate but not really a good solution. What many leagues will do is simply figure out a solution amongst eachother (via the people involved and or commissioner). Split the pot based off projected winner before the game, use week 18 scores for the bengals/bills players, etc.

It gets more complicated with very high stakes in leagues you don’t know personally the opponents, like in leagues on platforms like FanDuel/Underdog.

Why? 2 seed gets worst seeded wild card and home field thru second round? That's a marginal advantage?
Compared to having a bye week and homefield through the superbowl ? Yeah 1 >>>>>2 than 2>3

I support the AFC Champ game at a neutral site move. Indy is a natural choice due to it being centralized between Buffalo, KC and Cincinnati. Detroit could also work.
Detroit would be a de facto home game if bills made it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom