Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

This couldn't have worked out any better. Huge group of lineman and WRs avail. Hopefully able to grab 1 of each tonight if the value lines up. I'm certainly a proponent of using those extra 4 and 5s to move up from 74 if one of the higher ceiling guys starts falling into the 50s.
Totally agree. Now if after FA they still had holes all over the field, then maybe keep all your 4s and 5s. But now - yeah move up for the highest quality guys you like. On another front, looks like they're going to roll over about $15M into next year's cap - which will be a crazy high figure.

FWIW, Charlie Campbell (who got an astounding 11 picks correct last night without even attempting to guess at trades) has Buffalo taking Riley Ridley at 40 and Yodny Cajuste at 74 tonight with Ridley being the 5th WR of the 2nd round.

Totally agree. Now if after FA they still had holes all over the field, then maybe keep all your 4s and 5s. But now - yeah move up for the highest quality guys you like. On another front, looks like they're going to roll over about $15M into next year's cap - which will be a crazy high figure.

Yup can really get the best player or a guy they really like. Would love to get that TE from Texas A&M who the bills brought in for a pre-draft visit. Would be a great weapon to add.

FWIW, Charlie Campbell (who got an astounding 11 picks correct last night without even attempting to guess at trades) has Buffalo taking Riley Ridley at 40 and Yodny Cajuste at 74 tonight with Ridley being the 5th WR of the 2nd round.

I don't really like Ridley as a guy that will differentiate himself from the iffy WR crew we already have. Feel like he's just a guy, would prefer a higher ceiling WR though what the hell do I know, he could end up being exactly what we've been lacking.

I don't really like Ridley as a guy that will differentiate himself from the iffy WR crew we already have. Feel like he's just a guy, would prefer a higher ceiling WR though what the hell do I know, he could end up being exactly what we've been lacking.
Maybe he's a player but his measurables were pretty unimpressive.

Yeah, feel like we really need guys that can get separation due to having a QB with poor accuracy and he definitely isn't that.

His athletic testing was really disappointing, but I know people tended to love his film. From The Draft Network:

Route Running - Ridley generally aligned to the right side of the offensive formation. Ridley is a consistent, explosive route runner who creates constant throwing windows. His route running starts with his get-off. When given a free release, he does an excellent job of opening up his strides immediately. This give him natural acceleration and vertical push that makes defensive backs uncomfortable. To go along with his acceleration, his deceleration is equally as impressive. Ridley will stop on a dime, which makes his hitch and curl breaks lethal. His stems have proper pad level, and he will motor down and create an easy throwing window within two steps. Ridley has knowledge and awareness as a route runner, as he will work to stack defensive backs when he gets behind them. There is nuance and his stems and breaks when he's given a free release, and his violent cuts and rocker step will force defensive backs onto their heels. He possesses a certain lateral shiftiness at the line of scrimmage that can limit the jams of defensive backs. In his arsenal is a lethal dead leg release.

Separation Quickness - All cuts are at full speed all the time. Snaps his hips around to find the football before the window expires. Doesn't have tremendous burst to separate from top man coverage guys, but sells deception in his route fakes to opponent up throwing windows. Ability to decelerate despite a strong vertical push almost always stuns his opponent and creates space. Separation quickness is not a trump card for Ridley, but still an area he's fully capable in.

Love the Ford pick, set the oline for a few years. Nearly had a heart attack during that last pick as the Bill's were on the screen behind the Espn Feed, thought we traded back in.

Pete Prisco of CBS gave both Oliver and Ford A grades and he's been down on pretty much everything Buffalo has done for a few years now. This is on Ford.

When I talked to (Bills head coach) Sean McDermott at the combine, one of the things he said is we have to get better around Josh Allen, well, they did. This kid gets them really that much better. This is a heck of a tackle. Nice move by the Buffalo Bills. Grade: A

Last edited:
And there's the 1st one...

Probably gotta get another 10 picks in before Buffalo can move up without having to give up the house.

Probably gotta get another 10 picks in before Buffalo can move up without having to give up the house.

74 and 112 gets you to 60 on the chart. Long way from there to the late 4th but worth it if you have a high 2nd grade on one of the WRs.

I think it's funny no one has bought into to the Metcalf hype yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom