Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

Thank you Raiders and Giants for not having a clue how value works. OMG!!!!

Never pass on a guy you can get with a later pick when you can get the guy now - I guess that's their philosophy or something like that.

th

Never pass on a guy you can get with a later pick when you can get the guy now - I guess that's their philosophy or something like that.
Ferrell pick was insane. Jones was defensible if you believe he was going top 10.

Would love if one of Fant, Irv Smith, Jr, Harry or Butler were available at 40.

AJ Brown or Risner would be nice too

Ferrell pick was insane. Jones was defensible if you believe he was going top 10.

jones wasn't going top 10. giants could have had him at 17.

jones wasn't going top 10. giants could have had him at 17.
Says who? The media that have no clue outside the info they are given to share with the public?

Would love if one of Fant, Irv Smith, Jr, Harry or Butler were available at 40.

AJ Brown or Risner would be nice too

Reaching the point where if Fant, Taylor, Dillard or Sweat are available around 25 then I'd be ok with giving 40 and a 3. Still have extra 4 and 5 to get back into rd 3.

Says who? The media that have no clue outside the info they are given to share with the public?

Says me.

Says me.
If Jones is the QB you want to take over for Eli in 2020 and feel hes worth a 1st at 17 then it would be dumb not to secure him at 6.

At 40...
Taylor
Greedy
Irv Smith
Metcalf
McCoy
Ford
Risner
AJ Brown

1 is assured to be avail and probably 4 or 5 will be.

Man, we got the #1 guy I was hoping for and the #2 guy is still available. And maybe more importantly, my entire top 5 WRs are all still available. Needless to say I’m a happy camper at the moment.

Last edited:
Tons of options for Buffalo, very interested to see what we do here. Could we trade back and pick up some more picks or maybe look to move up and grab someone were high on?

Tons of options for Buffalo, very interested to see what we do here. Could we trade back and pick up some more picks or maybe look to move up and grab someone were high on?
I think they sit tight at #40 and grab a WR such as Brown or Metcalf or OL Risner.

My guess would be that they sit back at 40 and let a good player fall to them, though I think I've made it pretty clear by now that I personally would want to move up for DK.

While my top 5 WRs are all still available, he's the only one that I think is a no-brainer starter from Day 1 (assuming his medicals have checked out) simply because there's no real competition as the X receiver. They can take someone like Deebo Samuel, who I personally have as the #2 WR in the draft, and he might be able to line up as the X, but he's on the smaller side as far as X's go and most seem to think he makes more sense in the slot where he'd be competing with Beasley and Zay for playing time. Likewise for AJ Brown, who isn't in my top 5, but very well may be in Buffalo's.

At the end of the day, guys that without diving into it too much would seemingly fit needs are (in order of their draft grade on NFL.com:
1. Jawaan Taylor
2. DK
3. Greedy
4. Parris Campbell
5. AJ Brown
6. Cody Ford
7. Dalton Risner
8. Deebo Samuel
9. Byron Murphy
10. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
11. Irv Smith
12. Rock Ya-Sin
13. Greg Little
14. Juan Thornhill
15. Jaylon Ferguson

All of these guys besides maybe Parris Campbell and Greedy Williams would at least be good-ish fits, though like I mentioned, AJ Brown and Deebo aren't perfect fits the way DK is.

I would think that Buffalo is very, very high on Risner, Byron Murphy, Irv Smith, Rock Ya-Sin, and Jaylon Ferguson in particular. I don't think we should really be taking a corner this high, but Murphy and Rock are basically perfect fits for McDermott's defense so I don't think they can be written off. I also think Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is a guy that McDermott would probably like a ton, but 2nd round is probably too early to draft a safety unless Buffalo likes the depth they have on their roster a lot more than I do. I could easily envision Chauncey being a future replacement for Micah Hyde though.

Last edited:
My guess would be that they sit back at 40 and let a good player fall to them, though I think I've made it pretty clear by now that I personally would want to move up for DK.

While my top 5 WRs are all still available, he's the only one that I think is a no-brainer starter from Day 1 (assuming his medicals have checked out) simply because there's no real competition as the X receiver. They can take someone like Deebo Samuel, who I personally have as the #2 WR in the draft, and he might be able to line up as the X, but he's on the smaller side as far as X's go and most seem to think he makes more sense in the slot where he'd be competing with Beasley and Zay for playing time. Likewise for AJ Brown, who isn't in my top 5, but very well may be in Buffalo's.

At the end of the day, guys that without diving into it too much would seemingly fit needs are (in order of their draft grade on NFL.com:
1. Jawaan Taylor
2. DK
3. Greedy
4. Parris Campbell
5. AJ Brown
6. Cody Ford
7. Dalton Risner
8. Deebo Samuel
9. Byron Murphy
10. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
11. Irv Smith
12. Rock Ya-Sin
13. Greg Little
14. Juan Thornhill
15. Jaylon Ferguson

All of these guys besides maybe Parris Campbell and Greedy Williams would at least be good-ish fits, though like I mentioned, AJ Brown and Deebo aren't perfect fits the way DK is.

I would think that Buffalo is very, very high on Risner, Byron Murphy, Irv Smith, Rock Ya-Sin, and Jaylon Ferguson in particular. I don't think we should really be taking a corner this high, but Murphy and Rock are basically perfect fits for McDermott's defense so I don't think they can be written off. I also think Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is a guy that McDermott would probably like a ton, but 2nd round is probably too early to draft a safety unless Buffalo likes the depth they have on their roster a lot more than I do. I could easily envision Chauncey being a future replacement for Micah Hyde though.
Taylor may have some leg issue which has caused him to drop. DK is a real wild card. He only accounted for 3 3rd down conversions over the past two seasons and we know he lacks route running skills. But he will demand safety attention, opening up the field for others. With his size and strength I'd like to know if he is a good blocker.

This couldn't have worked out any better. Huge group of lineman and WRs avail. Hopefully able to grab 1 of each tonight if the value lines up. I'm certainly a proponent of using those extra 4 and 5s to move up from 74 if one of the higher ceiling guys starts falling into the 50s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom