Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills - Draft / Free Agency

Has anyone seen LIC or has he fallen down the rabbit hole that is the Off topic board. Shocked he hasn't posted.

Quick thoughts so far-

1) Really like the Oliver and Ford picks. Oliver was clearly best available and you can not have enough depth/impact players on the d line. Hell the Giants won two Super Bowls based on that as a strength point. I have no idea whether Oliver is going to be Kyle Williams or Adolphus Washington...but he absolutely has the athletic ability. Re: Ford, I am not the best arbiter of o-line talent as I once claimed that Cyrus Kujo was a steal but plenty of folks had Ford with a first round grade. I like that Beane didn’t trade up, good value for the pick.

2) Zero idea why you draft RB in the third round unless you think this kid was the best available. I am skeptical that he is Shady’s long term replacement...but hope to be wrong.

3) TE looks athletic but we will have to see how he plays, looks like Ole Miss primarily used him as a blocker. Not crazy about giving up both fours but if he produces no one will care.

4) Today I would focus on depth, I don’t think they are going to find a difference maker at WR in the fifth round+, but secondary or lb depth is always a good idea.

All in all lots of reason to be optimistic (like we are every single year), but ultimately a lot of this is going to hinge on Allen’s progress as a QB. Between this and the Cuse it is going to be a long summer waiting for football season...

Quick thoughts so far-

1) Really like the Oliver and Ford picks. Oliver was clearly best available and you can not have enough depth/impact players on the d line. Hell the Giants won two Super Bowls based on that as a strength point. I have no idea whether Oliver is going to be Kyle Williams or Adolphus Washington...but he absolutely has the athletic ability. Re: Ford, I am not the best arbiter of o-line talent as I once claimed that Cyrus Kujo was a steal but plenty of folks had Ford with a first round grade. I like that Beane didn’t trade up, good value for the pick.

2) Zero idea why you draft RB in the third round unless you think this kid was the best available. I am skeptical that he is Shady’s long term replacement...but hope to be wrong.

3) TE looks athletic but we will have to see how he plays, looks like Ole Miss primarily used him as a blocker. Not crazy about giving up both fours but if he produces no one will care.

4) Today I would focus on depth, I don’t think they are going to find a difference maker at WR in the fifth round+, but secondary or lb depth is always a good idea.

All in all lots of reason to be optimistic (like we are every single year), but ultimately a lot of this is going to hinge on Allen’s progress as a QB. Between this and the Cuse it is going to be a long summer waiting for football season...

Getting a LB would be nice, depth is an issue there. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a CB or WR as well.

David Sills sure seemed to know how to get open at WV. Might be able to steal a roster spot.

David Sills sure seemed to know how to get open at WV. Might be able to steal a roster spot.

I think he's one of those guys who's a really solid college player, but not good enough for the NFL. I'd love to be proven wrong on that, but he seems too damn skinny - not sure how he'd get off the line against tough press coverage.

I think he's one of those guys who's a really solid college player, but not good enough for the NFL. I'd love to be proven wrong on that, but he seems too damn skinny - not sure how he'd get off the line against tough press coverage.

Too skinny? He's definitely bigger than the majority of the wrs on our roster.

Too skinny? He's definitely bigger than the majority of the wrs on our roster.

He may weigh more, because he's taller, but look at his arms and upper body.

That said, no brainer to bring him in as an UDFA.

Sills will fail in buffalo, then go to NE and go 70-1100 9, with 3 SBs over the next 7 years of brady's career.

Just got around to posting my thoughts.

Ed Oliver - 10/10 - No explanation needed

Cody Ford - 10/10 - No explanation needed

Devin Singletary - 6/10 - The talent is there, and his tape is filthy, but his size and lack of breakaway speed is really troubling given that we took him with a premium pick. I’m trying to force myself to get on board, but I just can’t. If what I heard about teams working him out with WRs at the combine, and him testing well there is true, then I’ll try because, in space, he makes people look silly.

Dawson Knox - 8/10 - Tons of raw talent. Great hands. Elite TE athleticism and speed. Really like this pick. Just need to coach him up and hope he can handle a larger playbook/workload than at Ole Miss.

Vosean Joseph - 10/10 - Maybe my favorite pick given the talent relative to draft position. Absolute stud who just needs to put on a little weight and get coached up. Depth a LB was a low key need and he should see the field in sub packages regardless.

Jaquan Johnson - 7/10 - Decent Pick. Strong chance he beats out Siran Neal for the 4th Safety spot. Nothing elite in terms of measurables but he’s just a great locker room guy who makes plays and positions himself well.

Don’t know anything about the OLB/DE from NC A&T. Tommy Sweeney has a chance at making this team. Kroft and Knox are locks, but he could be 1 or 2 of 3 out of Croom/Fisher/Sweeney that make the roster.

Who isn’t rooting for David Sills?... Friggin love that guy and am hoping he balls out in camp.

Last edited:
Just got around to posting my thoughts.

Ed Oliver - 10/10 - No explanation needed

Cody Ford - 10/10 - No explanation needed

Devin Singletary - 6/10 - The talent is there, and his tape is filthy, but his size and lack of breakaway speed is really troubling given that we took him with a premium pick. I’m trying to force myself to get on board, but I just can’t. If what I heard about teams working him out with WRs at the combine, and him testing well there is true, then I can get on board because, in space, he makes people look silly.

Dawson Knox - 8/10 - Tons of raw talent. Great hands. Elite TE athleticism and speed. Really like this pick. Just need to coach him up and hope he can handle a larger playbook/workload than at Ole Miss.

Vosean Joseph - 10/10 - Maybe my favorite pick given the talent relative to draft position. Absolute stud who just needs to put on a little weight and get coached up. Depth a LB was a low key need and he should see the field in sub packages regardless.

Jaquan Johnson - 7/10 - Decent Pick. Strong chance he beats out Siran Neal for the 4th Safety spot. Nothing elite in terms of measurables but he’s just a great locker room guy who makes plays and positions himself well.

Don’t know anything about the OLB/DE from NC A&T. Tommy Sweeney has a chance at making this team. Kroft and Knox are locks, but he could be 1 or 2 of 3 out of Croom/Fisher/Sweeney that make the roster.

Who isn’t rooting for David Sills?... Friggin love that guy and am hoping he balls out in camp.
Nobody has picked up on a passing comment from McDermott about Singletary. (Not verbatim) "He'll get on the field Where We Slot Him."

Nobody has picked up on a passing comment from McDermott about Singletary. (Not verbatim) "He'll get on the field Where We Slot Him."
He carried the ball a ton in college and only had a modest number of receptions. Still, he is so elusive in tight quarters, what's he going to be like in space?

Interesting weekend for the Bills.

I think Oliver is a homerun pick... best player in college when he was healthy his first two years. Projected to be the number 1 pick going into last season.

I’m not familiar with the other players drafted but it looks like they fit needs. I too questioned the 3rd round picks but then I looked at the highlights... the rb looks like a poor man’s Brian Westbrook to me... 3rd pick from a small school with insane production but not elite measurables. If he turns out to be anywhere near Westbrook, Bills got a steal. The TE looks like Kelce from the highlights.

No idea how they will pan out but on paper the Bills had a great draft and offseason. Still need an elite receiver but at least they are building the trenches which is what I have been asking them to do for years. Now let’s hope everyone stays healthy and out of hotel hallways naked.

Bills decline 5th year option on Shaq Lawson

Bills decline 5th year option on Shaq Lawson
Another Rex Ryan pick gets sent packing. Man Rex set the team back 3 or 4 years by deciding to teardown an elite defense when his offense was already bad. What a bad decision that was.

Another Rex Ryan pick gets sent packing. Man Rex set the team back 3 or 4 years by deciding to teardown an elite defense when his offense was already bad. What a bad decision that was.
Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragland and Adolphus Washington. Draft stuff of nightmares.

Shaq is a decent rotational piece, but until/if he can develop his pass rush, he’s not worth a new contract with us.

Shaq is a decent rotational piece, but until/if he can develop his pass rush, he’s not worth a new contract with us.
I’d be happy to have him back at a good price. He’s great against the run and has learned to impact the QB by getting his arms up and batting balls down.

I’m sure someone would overpay him in FA tho.

Lee Smith pickup flummoxed me. Giving guaranteed money into year 2 for a FA that appears to have had little to no market is so confusing. It's not like we were waiting out for the end of the comp pick cycle to strike like some teams.

1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom