Class of 2020 - C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24) | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Eddie Lampkin (TX) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/2/24)

Duke’s portal class includes at least one player who is better than anyone we’re bringing in. (Hint: He was our best overall player last year.)
Well let the NBA decide whose better. If Brown and Freeman were in this draft, Feeman gets drafted way before Brown. Freeman is a complimentary player. Freeman is not.

I much rather pick up players that fit and want to be here and buy-in
You wouldn't describe Lampkin with this right? For someone wanting to be here we're still waiting to see if our prom date shows up.

Can you specify who “we” is? I thought this was a fan forum given the website is called Syracusefan.com.

Somewhere along the way though it was infiltrated by several NBA Talent scouts that are very opinionated on our portal class sucking.
But everyone that says its great are NBA scouts? The coaching staff could take a collective dump and if someone says it smells like a dump you dorks come out of the woodwork.

Can you specify who “we” is? I thought this was a fan forum given the website is called Syracusefan.com.

Somewhere along the way though it was infiltrated by several NBA Talent scouts that are very opinionated on our portal class sucking.
Syracuse University or the University of Syracuse if you are so inclined.

You wouldn't describe Lampkin with this right? For someone wanting to be here we're still waiting to see if our prom date shows up.

To be fair I doubt we are unique to this type of issue it just so happens we aren’t busy following the message boards of other programs who have to swear things out all the same. We have one of the most active online forum communities in all of cbb next to UK, UConn and some others and thus are plugged into every little bit of movement.

From everything I’ve read and know on this kids background he is a big personality and is maximizing his value but once he’s onboard he’s locked in.

From everything I’ve read and know on this kids background he is a big personality and is maximizing his value but once he’s onboard he’s locked in.
Unless it's March and he decides that he doesn't like his coach anymore

Well let the NBA decide whose better. If Brown and Freeman were in this draft, Feeman gets drafted way before Brown. Freeman is a complimentary player. Freeman is not.
I’m referring to the portal only.

What are some possible local establishments where actual NIL deals are signed?

I’d love to know what Maliq got to bolt. If it was Eddie Money or more then we’d be in trouble all the same I fear
axs tv rockstar GIF by Eddie Money

Not really, nobody we got was some bigtime get.
We have to hope for the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. I am higher on Bell and JJ than most people here, so I can see how things could work out. We do need to somehow learn to play defense.

but they got players that actually play their positions

a center who is a center

a point guard that is a point guard

a forward who rebounds and can play close to the hoop and play as a forward

last year there was a 1 on 1 queen as PG

an undersized PF as center

a slumping shooting guard as small forward

TOTALLY DYSFUNCTIONAL

you are way underestimating the effect of haivng player in roles that they can perform in that suit their skillsets...its going to make so much difference..no matter how much "talent " they have or not

and players like westry and freeman are huge wildcards that are also being slept on

Here’s the thing- I’m elated about everything football. Fran so far has been far above expectations. That said nothing has been done on the field yet. There is a lot of future ground to cover to go with. Football is a very shiny object right now that outside of rankings for the portal guys and future classes (verbal commits to be clear) is just momentum and energy.

Many people were wanting to keep Maliq and pretty much flip the rest of the roster and that sentiment has evolved into something that dwarfs the end of JB era. I’ll go on record to say that I think that would have been a disaster but that’s just me. Losing Maliq pretty much put many folks in the it’s all over camp.

I think Red knows more about running a D1 team than anyone on this forum. I think the lack of flash and bigger names has most people disgusted. Let’s keep Eddie, land the Gst kid and give Red a shot in year 2. Put away the pitch forks until he shows he can’t hack it to which it’s only speculation at this juncture.
…And stop talking about Duke! No one here cares about Duke. They have paid players for years and now they can do it without covering it up. So they have the top HS class, big deal. They are in the top 5 every year. And Maliq is not bringing them a championship this year. He’ll be lucky to get 20 minutes a game by the end of the season. Duke eats their own, and he’ll find that out. At least he’ll be cashing checks.

That's funny because I was speaking to somebody on staff at Duke last week and was told there's a good chance Maliq will start. But I guess you must know better.
Just because he starts at the beginning of the season doesn’t mean he’s starting after those Freshman start catching fire. He could start and only get 15-20 mins a game.

Maliq is gone and Freeman is going to be a really good one for us. At the end of the day, why argue about it anymore? Duck Fuke

Just because he starts at the beginning of the season doesn’t mean he’s starting after those Freshman start catching fire. He could start and only get 15-20 mins a game.

Maliq is gone and Freeman is going to be a really good one for us. At the end of the day, why argue about it anymore? Duck Fuke
I'm not arguing about anything I responded to a post that said Maliq will only play minutes in blowouts.

God forbid we are to disagree with the coaches!!! Are we to just believe everything they say as the universal truth? No coach has ever lied? Greg Robinson ever tell us we were getting closer to being successful? Dino Babers ever tell us we were going to be consistently good and not just occasionally great? If all they did was tell the truth why did neither of those come to fruition? Wasn’t it Jim B that said Arinze was week to week when he actually had no shot of returning for the NCAA tournament?

What happens when coaches are fired. Does that mean they were still right? If we are just going to agree with every single thing that happened why even have a forum? I come here to discuss the team and give my opinions. Not just to sing koombia and hold hands because we are Syracuse fans.

UConn got Cam Spencer from the transfer portal last year and Jyare Davis, SU’s portal player is ranked higher this year. When we got Maliq he was rated 8 points higher when he transferred (.94) but was our lowest rated recruit in that large class when he came here (.86). You just never know.

God forbid we are to disagree with the coaches!!! Are we to just believe everything they say as the universal truth? No coach has ever lied? Greg Robinson ever tell us we were getting closer to being successful? Dino Babers ever tell us we were going to be consistently good and not just occasionally great? If all they did was tell the truth why did neither of those come to fruition? Wasn’t it Jim B that said Arinze was week to week when he actually had no shot of returning for the NCAA tournament?

What happens when coaches are fired. Does that mean they were still right? If we are just going to agree with every single thing that happened why even have a forum? I come here to discuss the team and give my opinions. Not just to sing koombia and hold hands because we are Syracuse fans.

Honestly the general consensus has been more that anyone who says trust the coaches and have faith is living in denial- there is far more angst than optimism on the board this off season. As someone who resides in the middle playing wait and see I’ve noticed any debate around positivity gets jumped on quickly.