Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday | Syracusefan.com

Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday

We will have lost 4 in a row - 5 of 6 - losses to bad teams at home - out of conference record is dismal - yes, we beat Duke but that only goes so far - "but the bubble is so weak this year" - yawn - we are weak

I dont know if I agree with you, but I wanted to give you support by saying "that took courage", because you aren't parroting the cult narrative on here. I respect you for that, even if I dont necessarily agree with you. A loss would certainly be another "bad" loss, even though not necessarily as embarrassing as when St Johns reclaimed the NY's CBB Team(tm) title belt in the Dome, lol.

Getting in vs deserving to get in are 2 different things, and as jdubs noted, the bubble is weak this year, possibly due to things like our conference being top heavier than Dolly Parton, and being relatively weak otherwise, so it may be easy to get in despite playing worse than some SU teams that didnt get in.

it depends on who we lose to but I would think there is only a VERY small chance we drop out entirely. The field is too weak.

We will have lost 4 in a row - 5 of 6 - losses to bad teams at home - out of conference record is dismal - yes, we beat Duke but that only goes so far - "but the bubble is so weak this year" - yawn - we are weak
I can't see us NOT being in. Even if we lost the last 6 in a row. 15-14 Indiana is being talked about making the tournament. 15-14....

If they rely on this NET rating they could be swearing it for sure. Clemson was a ‘last four in’ before the game and had a better number than Cuse and they won... conference records aren’t what they used to be when 7 of the ten were against ND, BC (2), Pitt(2), Miami, Wake. Folks that’s not great.

I can't see us NOT being in. Even if we lost the last 6 in a row. 15-14 Indiana is being talked about making the tournament. 15-14...
Indiana isn't getting In. Unless they make a deep run in the big ten.

Regardless of what scenario plays out in the ACCT, we are on the bubble. We may not be smack dab on the middle of the bubble like last year, but if there's even the hint of doubt on Selection Sunday, which there will be some degree, we are on the bubble...

I dont know if I agree with you, but I wanted to give you support by saying "that took courage", because you aren't parroting the cult narrative on here. I respect you for that, even if I dont necessarily agree with you. A loss would certainly be another "bad" loss, even though not necessarily as embarrassing as when St Johns reclaimed the NY's CBB Team(tm) title belt in the Dome, lol.

Getting in vs deserving to get in are 2 different things, and as jdubs noted, the bubble is weak this year, possibly due to things like our conference being top heavier than Dolly Parton, and being relatively weak otherwise, so it may be easy to get in despite playing worse than some SU teams that didnt get in.

Cult narrative. Stop the passive aggressiveness.

I have got destroyed for years by many when I still said we had a chance. This year not so much because people see the matrix and the lead ... except you have taken passive aggressive jabs at least a half dozen times.

My takes are always researched rather than the nonsense jobberish you go on and about.

Last edited:
Regardless of what scenario plays out in the ACCT, we are on the bubble. We may not be smack dab on the middle of the bubble, but if there's even the hint of doubt on Selection Sunday, which there will be some degree, we are on the bubble...
The doubt only exists within a segment of the fan base. ESPN, CBS and USA Today posted Bubble Watch articles this morning and we weren't listed on any of them. Palm and Lunardi have us comfortably in. The metrics say we're in.

Just because some fans insist we're on the bubble, doesn't mean we are.

The doubt only exists within a segment of the fan base. ESPN, CBS and USA Today posted Bubble Watch articles this morning and we weren't listed on any of them. Palm and Lunardi have us comfortably in. The metrics say we're in.

And because you say we are a lock doesn't mean we are. You don't know what the committee is thinking.

2f5fa1eaa5b2e0eb2e504065767fa828.jpg.cf.jpg

Don't listen to me. Listen to Palm, Lunardi, ESPN, CBS and USA Today.

We all know what the committee is looking at. Some of us are better at deductive reasoning than others.
Lunardi had us out last year and palm had us in 2 years ago. Now your relying on lunatic he's always wrong.

It what you say is true, it's a recrimination of the current Tournament's field size. To my eyes, from length to breadth, this is absolutely a bubble team. This team getting in the Tourney "easily" is an argument for reducing the number of teams in the field, or just let everyone in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom