CBS: Maryland RB Wes Brown charged with assault, theft and wiretapping | Syracusefan.com

CBS: Maryland RB Wes Brown charged with assault, theft and wiretapping

Wait, so if I record a police officer with my cell phone while they are in public it is a felony wiretapping charge?

Wait, so if I record a police officer with my cell phone while they are in public it is a felony wiretapping charge?
In Maryland yes. Look up Anthony Graber

There's a career waiting for him it's the NSA.

I didn't see "felony" associated with the wiretapping.

It may also vary from state to state. Single-party recordings are legal in many states.

In Maryland yes. Look up Anthony Graber

On September 27, 2010, some criminal charges against Graber were dropped.[5] Harford County Circuit Court Judge Emory A Plitt Jr. dismissed four of the seven charges filed against Anthony Graber, leaving only traffic code violations. The judge ruled that Maryland's wire tap law does not prohibit recording of voice or sound in areas where privacy cannot be expected and that a police officer on a traffic stop has no legal expectation of privacy.[5]

I have just done some preliminary research and while Maryland is one of the 12 mutual consent for recording states, however, according to expectation of privacy, on-Duty police are exempt from consent except in Illinois and Massachusetts where there are specific laws against recording police.

I didn't see "felony" associated with the wiretapping.

It may also vary from state to state. Single-party recordings are legal in many states.

Ok...

Here

"Brown has a preliminary hearing scheduled for July 31 at 08:45 a.m. in Upper Marlboro. Only the assault charge was used in assessing his bail, which totaled $7,500. The state's attorney has to decide if they have enough evidence in the theft and wiretapping charges - the latter of which is a felony."

On September 27, 2010, some criminal charges against Graber were dropped.[5] Harford County Circuit Court Judge Emory A Plitt Jr. dismissed four of the seven charges filed against Anthony Graber, leaving only traffic code violations. The judge ruled that Maryland's wire tap law does not prohibit recording of voice or sound in areas where privacy cannot be expected and that a police officer on a traffic stop has no legal expectation of privacy.[5]

I have just done some preliminary research and while Maryland is one of the 12 mutual consent for recording states, however, according to expectation of privacy, on-Duty police are exempt from consent except in Illinois and Massachusetts where there are specific laws against recording police.
Thank you for following up. I remembered when that case started but obviously nt the outcome.

Isn't this a kid we missed out on in recruiting?

What a shame. I always thought he'd look good in orange, turns out it's prison jumpsuit orange, though.

wiretapping charges - the latter of which is a felony."
Yikes!

I record some of my calls.it's legal for me to do so in my state. If its a paid service (lawyer, advisor, etc.) I don't say anything. If it's a potential claim I'll follow the recorded "this call may be recorded" with my "this call is being recorded".

More wonderful laws from our government. How does someone defend themselves against police brutality? The answer is, "you don't."

Wait, so police can put cameras on their car and record a routine pullover without the citizens consent, but the citizens cannot take their own precautions. How could this ever hold up in court?

Curious why he felt the need to record the call. This is curious on a few levels.

Wait, so police can put cameras on their car and record a routine pullover without the citizens consent, but the citizens cannot take their own precautions. How could this ever hold up in court?
How many policemen have murdered a citizen at the window during a traffic stop. How many citizens have murdered policemen at the window during a traffic stop. No logic in that post.

How many policemen have murdered a citizen at the window during a traffic stop. How many citizens have murdered policemen at the window during a traffic stop. No logic in that post.

Why don't you tell us...

One of those events will always be reported, the other will not.

Americans have such short memories. The next major terrorist attack in this country may be Snowdens fault. And getting back on topic, thank God Brown chose the terps.

How many cameras have killed cops again? I think you've got to rethink you example.

How many cameras have killed cops again? I think you've got to rethink you example.

well I was figuring he meant things like this.

It happens where criminal wait for the cop to approach and unload and speed off. Youtube has lots of dash cam footage of this.

We don't hear about the innocents that get shot by a cop because they did something like get out of their car during a traffic stop. Those dash cams never see the light of day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom