Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

Chance leaving sucks. However, Devito is MORE than capable to drive this car.

This team will be fine, we do need to find a backup QB in the rare case Devito goes down.

This could help Devito because he will now get every single 1st team snap. Can’t wait to see what he has and can’t wait to cheer him on in the Dome next season.

Agreed. Felt like this was a certainty all year. He never seemed engaged. Bailey thinks Welch was the #2 next year anyway so I’m ok with this

This does, however, conflict with observations that were high on Amie. Highly doubt you can count on Welch to step up in a backup role.

This does, however, conflict with observations that were high on Amie. Highly doubt you can count on Welch to step up in a backup role.

I’m just going by Baileys observations. Which I trust more than random board obs. And with my own eyes. He was never an engaged QB here.

Yeah. Always a good idea to read the board before you post.

I have two years of eligibility left, that’s why I’m calm enough to be sarcastic... Put me in coach!

If true, another causality to academics. Not surprised.

Well...I don’t think you can flunk out of the school THAT fast. Can you? One semester?

Well...I don’t think you can flunk out of the school THAT fast. Can you? One semester?

I would think a semester of probation at least. But it doesn't sound like it was just that reading some other comments.

Didn't Herman recruit him at Houston? Perhaps Texas now?
ha, in no way, shape, or form was Amie on the Texas radar. He was from a football hotbed in East Texas and didn't get an offer from either Texas or A&M. He was the 127 ranked prospect in Texas and he flipped to Syracuse from Houston. Texas already has 2 four star freshman QB's in the portal because of Ehlinger, and they have the number 4 dual threat QB in the nation who signed last month and another verballed for next year.

I'm bummed Amie is leaving because I he was an intriguing as a developmental prospect and his depature makes the QB position depth - and the lack of a 2019 recruit - downright scary. But he was wayyyyyy overrated by this board. I imagine Syracuse will become an attractive transfer location as we enter this new age of the transfer portal. The bluebloods will continue to recruit multiple 4 star QB's a class, but we're seeing more and more of those guys transfer early. High school recruits tend to be blinded by the glitz and glamour. Transfers are focused on fit and playing time, so a school that would have had no shot at a kid out of high school might become a viable transfer location after just a season (see Cam Rising, 4 star, 11 rated pro style passer - at Texas, in the transfer portal, and taking an OV to Utah this weekend).

Dino runs a QB friendly system, and we'll be attractive to QB transfers (though perhaps not so much this year because Devlto is only a redshirt freshman). We need to get past this upcoming year with Devito intact, and then I think you'll see Syracuse land a higher rated QB transfer.

Agreed. Felt like this was a certainty all year. He never seemed engaged. Bailey thinks Welch was the #2 next year anyway so I’m ok with this
Bailey was hinting about the possibility awhile back. That influenced his thoughts.

Last edited:
No he doesn’t we have a guy who won us 2 ACC games our starter may not have. He was likely to be behind Welch.

Next year could in theory be DeVitos last if he plays well and Welch is definitely done so it’s a huge hit overall.
#2 QBs always have a chance to start. One play and they’re in.

This means we're definitely going to lose the Georgia Tech game tonight.
v9GWjWI.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom