Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

ha, in no way, shape, or form was Amie on the Texas radar. He was from a football hotbed in East Texas and didn't get an offer from either Texas or A&M. He was the 127 ranked prospect in Texas and he flipped to Syracuse from Houston. Texas already has 2 four star freshman QB's in the portal because of Ehlinger, and they have the number 4 dual threat QB in the nation who signed last month and another verballed for next year.

I'm bummed Amie is leaving because I he was an intriguing as a developmental prospect and his depature makes the QB position depth - and the lack of a 2019 recruit - downright scary. But he was wayyyyyy overrated by this board. I imagine Syracuse will become an attractive transfer location as we enter this new age of the transfer portal. The bluebloods will continue to recruit multiple 4 star QB's a class, but we're seeing more and more of those guys transfer early. High school recruits tend to be blinded by the glitz and glamour. Transfers are focused on fit and playing time, so a school that would have had no shot at a kid out of high school might become a viable transfer location after just a season (see Cam Rising, 4 star, 11 rated pro style passer - at Texas, in the transfer portal, and taking an OV to Utah this weekend).

Dino runs a QB friendly system, and we'll be attractive to QB transfers (though perhaps not so much this year because Devlto is only a redshirt freshman). We need to get past this upcoming year with Devito intact, and then I think you'll see Syracuse land a higher rated QB transfer.
I expect Will Levis from Penn St to eventually enter the transfer portal. Penn St signed 2 4 star QB’s this year and he’s not even mentioned as a potential starter next year.

I expect Will Levis from Penn St to eventually enter the transfer portal. Penn St signed 2 4 star QB’s this year and he’s not even mentioned as a potential starter next year.
He had his chance. I doubt the coaches would be interested. As care taker said there is one 2019 the coaches are looking at, if not more.

ha, in no way, shape, or form was Amie on the Texas radar. He was from a football hotbed in East Texas and didn't get an offer from either Texas or A&M. He was the 127 ranked prospect in Texas and he flipped to Syracuse from Houston. Texas already has 2 four star freshman QB's in the portal because of Ehlinger, and they have the number 4 dual threat QB in the nation who signed last month and another verballed for next year.

I'm bummed Amie is leaving because I he was an intriguing as a developmental prospect and his depature makes the QB position depth - and the lack of a 2019 recruit - downright scary. But he was wayyyyyy overrated by this board. I imagine Syracuse will become an attractive transfer location as we enter this new age of the transfer portal. The bluebloods will continue to recruit multiple 4 star QB's a class, but we're seeing more and more of those guys transfer early. High school recruits tend to be blinded by the glitz and glamour. Transfers are focused on fit and playing time, so a school that would have had no shot at a kid out of high school might become a viable transfer location after just a season (see Cam Rising, 4 star, 11 rated pro style passer - at Texas, in the transfer portal, and taking an OV to Utah this weekend).

Dino runs a QB friendly system, and we'll be attractive to QB transfers (though perhaps not so much this year because Devlto is only a redshirt freshman). We need to get past this upcoming year with Devito intact, and then I think you'll see Syracuse land a higher rated QB transfer.

Transfers would have to sit a year

We knew little about this kid. Clayton could’ve earned the two going into spring and chance may have not wanted to fight for time.

So we lost our #3 QB.... ok. Guessing HCDB will find 1-2 people to fill in. He was only a possible starter because it’s January on a FB board.

So we lost our #3 QB... ok. Guessing HCDB will find 1-2 people to fill in. He was only a possible starter because it’s January on a FB board.

Uh huh. If Devito goes down now then so does any chance of the team being good.

Uh huh. If Devito goes down now then so does any chance of the team being good.

Umm ok. And that was potentially true if Amie was here or not.

A transfer is going to be in our future. It’s alm

It wasn’t a bad decision. If reports are true, he struggled academically. You don’t transfer to a juco if you’re in good standing academically.
Money indicated he made some bad choices. Bad choices can mean a number of things. He did not say it was academics specifically, nor did I in my comments. So if you want to comment that it’s academics that’s cool.

Really didn’t see this one coming because it doesn’t logically make sense based on the depth chart. But it is what it is. I have full confidence in this staff that they will close the gap and the team will be fine.

Prefer potentially to definitely.

You're just being silly now. He was 3rd on the depth chart potentially. Losing the #3 guy doesn't change anything except for the depth. That's a different issue all together.

Money indicated he made some bad choices. Bad choices can mean a number of things. He did not say it was academics specifically, nor did I in my comments. So if you want to comment that it’s academics that’s cool.

Bailey even mentioned a specific transgression in one of his last two chats

I’m just going by Baileys observations. Which I trust more than random board obs. And with my own eyes. He was never an engaged QB here.

I think there’s more to this story. Nevertheless, QB recruiting needs a serious upgrade. But that’s quite obvious.

Noticed that myself. There’s going to be a number of QBs available. But SU needs a grad transfer who can play right away.

Noticed that myself. There’s going to be a number of QBs available. But SU needs a grad transfer who can play right away.
No we don't.

Devito will start,Welch will back-up, we need a recruit from HS to provide depth and someone that will be here a while.

A grad transfer isn't beating out Devito or Welch in this system so it would be a complete waste of a scholarship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom