Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

No we don't.

Devito will start,Welch will back-up, we need a recruit from HS to provide depth and someone that will be here a while.

A grad transfer isn't beating out Devito or Welch in this system so it would be a complete waste of a scholarship.

I preface this by saying I have no clue how good Welch is. If he is a true #2, then we are probably ok; if he is a Mahoney-type, that simply is not good enough. This notion that a seasoned QB can't come in and immediately be productive in an air raid offense is patently false - Exhibit "A" being Gardner Minshew of course.

Noticed that myself. There’s going to be a number of QBs available. But SU needs a grad transfer who can play right away.

A grad transfer is not coming here to play behind Devito (who came this close to unseating one of the best QBs in school history as a freshman). I will say that I didnt think we needed a QB in 2019 though. We do now. Clayton Welch will be a fine back-up QB.

It’s amazing that Pedophile State is able to bring in multiple blue chip QBs annually. None of them seem afraid to competite either yet we conclude that this program has had trouble attracting talent because of having Dungey/Devito.

I wonder if Will Levis would consider transferring? He’s been there for 10 minutes and Franklin, whom I am sure promised the world to him, has already recruited over him. They must have 8 QBs on the roster for next year.

A grad transfer is not coming here to play behind Devito (who came this close to unseating one of the best QBs in school history as a freshman). I will say that I didnt think we needed a QB in 2019 though. We do now. Clayton Welch will be a fine back-up QB.

I don’t know anything about Welch. I’ll have to trust others who might.

It’s amazing that Pedophile State is able to bring in multiple blue chip QBs annually. None of them seem afraid to competite either yet we conclude that this program has had trouble attracting talent because of having Dungey/Devito.

I think that's been debunked as a fallacy. Having said that, one of the only perks Syracuse previously could offer a recruit over PSU was early playing time. That's not really an option anymore, so the staff will now have to sell QB development, system, winning, Dome,etc.

I think that's been debunked as a fallacy. Having said that, one of the only perks Syracuse previously could offer a recruit over PSU was early playing time. That's not really an option anymore, so the staff will now have to sell QB development, system, winning, Dome,etc.

I suppose, but we have 2 QBs right now. Can’t imagine there’s another program in the country with only 2 QBs. Welch will be senior next year. So we need a QB now and at least one more next year.

You're just being silly now. He was 3rd on the depth chart potentially. Losing the #3 guy doesn't change anything except for the depth. That's a different issue all together.

He was without question the #2 guy in the program. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

I didn’t take excitement in posting this. I thought Chance added a great dimension to the offense if Devito ever went down with an injury. While Chance was a dual threat passer, he had great arm strength and opportunities to hit home runs with his legs and arm.

Good News: Devito is the real deal. I love watching him from the waste down (really odd to type btw) on his drop-backs. Great footwork, form, and technique. We know about his live arm and his ability to get the ball out quickly will open up our play calling to the sidelines, across the middle, and deep as well. I think we’ll see more double moves with opponents knowing he can really zip a ball into space. Just have to make sure he’s healthy. If the staff can bring in a QB they like (they’re not going to force it) in 2019 - they will. If not, they will go hard in 2020.

Bad news: Unfortunately, from what I’ve heard, we may see a couple more names pop up in the transfer portal over the next couple weeks.

Interesting fact here that I read last night that many aren’t aware: if a player elects to out his name in the tranfer portal - the coaches have the right to take his athletic scholarship from him penalty free and use to elswwhere. That is a small benefit for players electing to enter the portal pre-NSD.

A couple of names of players that were getting or going to get snaps Jack? Well...it's their choice and if SU isn't what they want, then it is what it is.

Interesting fact here that I read last night that many aren’t aware: if a player elects to out his name in the tranfer portal - the coaches have the right to take his athletic scholarship from him penalty free and use to elswwhere. That is a small benefit for players electing to enter the portal pre-NSD.
Did you mean post-signing day, or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Tough to lose a talented player like Chance but that's what happens with all the variables involved like grades, homesick, PT and other things. Good luck CA and hope you find what you're looking for.

I didn’t take excitement in posting this. I thought Chance added a great dimension to the offense if Devito ever went down with an injury. While Chance was a dual threat passer, he had great arm strength and opportunities to hit home runs with his legs and arm.

Good News: Devito is the real deal. I love watching him from the waste down (really odd to type btw) on his drop-backs. Great footwork, form, and technique. We know about his live arm and his ability to get the ball out quickly will open up our play calling to the sidelines, across the middle, and deep as well. I think we’ll see more double moves with opponents knowing he can really zip a ball into space. Just have to make sure he’s healthy. If the staff can bring in a QB they like (they’re not going to force it) in 2019 - they will. If not, they will go hard in 2020.

Bad news: Unfortunately, from what I’ve heard, we may see a couple more names pop up in the transfer portal over the next couple weeks.

Starting to sound like we may have as many as 8-10 scholarships available for next year. The coming months should be busy.

Starting to sound like we may have as many as 8-10 scholarships available for next year. The coming months should be busy.

I’d guess 3-5 more. At signing day HCDB said we’d take X more players. At the time the numbers put us between 20-22 new kids. We signed 16. The estimate was 4-6 ships had to open up. We’re at 85 and 3 just opened up.

Nobody leaving is a surprise to the staff.

The surprise right now is that only 1 of 3 was a name dropped; Butler. Obviously nobody forecasted Shy and Chance flunking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom