Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

Our backfield seems kinda crowded...I wonder if..,,,

Could see Howard or Pierce leave. Maybe both. Who knows, kids are a different breed these days.

I didn’t take excitement in posting this. I thought Chance added a great dimension to the offense if Devito ever went down with an injury. While Chance was a dual threat passer, he had great arm strength and opportunities to hit home runs with his legs and arm.

Good News: Devito is the real deal. I love watching him from the waste down (really odd to type btw) on his drop-backs. Great footwork, form, and technique. We know about his live arm and his ability to get the ball out quickly will open up our play calling to the sidelines, across the middle, and deep as well. I think we’ll see more double moves with opponents knowing he can really zip a ball into space. Just have to make sure he’s healthy. If the staff can bring in a QB they like (they’re not going to force it) in 2019 - they will. If not, they will go hard in 2020.

Bad news: Unfortunately, from what I’ve heard, we may see a couple more names pop up in the transfer portal over the next couple weeks.

Interesting fact here that I read last night that many aren’t aware: if a player elects to out his name in the tranfer portal - the coaches have the right to take his athletic scholarship from him penalty free and use to elswwhere. That is a small benefit for players electing to enter the portal pre-NSD.
Agree and that is an interesting piece to the transfer rule. Wasnt aware of that.

Last edited:
I’d guess 3-5 more. At signing day HCDB said we’d take X more players. At the time the numbers put us between 20-22 new kids. We signed 16. The estimate was 4-6 ships had to open up. We’re at 85 and 3 just opened up.

Nobody leaving is a surprise to the staff.

The surprise right now is that only 1 of 3 was a name dropped; Butler. Obviously nobody forecasted Shy and Chance flunking out.

You’re saying the staff knew about Chance and Shy? If not, that’s two more scholarships that weren’t anticipated. And Jack Bauer claims we may have a few more players decide to transfer. But I trust you with the numbers.

He was without question the #2 guy in the program. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Well... I mean... other than Bailey already said it. So no, he was not the unquestioned #2 and sounded very likely he going to be the #3 for sure if he didn’t know that already.

You’re saying the staff knew about Chance and Shy? If not, that’s two more scholarships that weren’t anticipated. And Jack Bauer claims we may have a few more players decide to transfer. But I trust you with the numbers.
I would say the staff knew about Chance but not Shy. His suspension didn't occur until 12/31

Well... I mean... other than Bailey already said it. So no, he was not the unquestioned #2 and sounded very likely he going to be the #3 for sure if he didn’t know that already.

I have no idea - but it’s possible that Babers put him at 3 until he gets some off field stuff straightened out.

And now - he’s looking for a fresh start

I have no idea - but it’s possible that Babers put him at 3 until he gets some off field stuff straightened out.

And now - he’s looking for a fresh start
If a HS kid doesn't get things done in the classroom, or perform on and off the field they aren't going to be recruited. If a kid fails to do the same thing in college they are going to end up transferring.

Yes they knew and they know academic progress because they have to forecast the numbers to.

We are going to have more transfers for sure, there’s some obvious candidates.

Yikes. I was pumping the brakes on him in the other thread since I doubt he beats out Welsh for #2 but could be a huge loss. Dino’s system and Tommy being could could lead to him leaving next year for the draft. And the backup has played A LOT for us recently. Not good.
"Tommy leaving for the draft". You have got to be joking, crazy.

I suppose, but we have 2 QBs right now. Can’t imagine there’s another program in the country with only 2 QBs. Welch will be senior next year. So we need a QB now and at least one more next year.
Clemson operated with 2 QBs because their backup transferred. Same situation.

We will be fine. Odds are that if Devito went down WITH Chance as a backup we were screwed anyways. Same situation we find ourselves in now.

Very few teams can operate at a high level with their backup regardless. It’s not just about talent, it’s also about reps (live and practice).

We will be fine. Odds are that if Devito went down WITH Chance as a backup we were screwed anyways. Same situation we find ourselves in now.

Very few teams can operate at a high level with their backup regardless. It’s not just about talent, it’s also about reps (live and practice).

I dont know, dino went after amie hard. Would imagine he couldve competed for starting spot in the fall.

It’s a slippery slope. We may be fine. But Welch also hasn’t played a down of college ball.

I’m more concerned with the following year. Welch graduates and our backup will be a true freshman. Clemson’s backup to Lawrence this year was a high school AA and came off the bench to beat us. We should be so lucky.

Yes they knew and they know academic progress because they have to forecast the numbers to.

We are going to have more transfers for sure, there’s some obvious candidates.

Yup. I think I can name them.

So I’m guessing, completely off the top of my head, pierre/coley/rtb/trotter...cam jordan?

I could be very wrong. I dont see scoop leaving.

Yup. I think I can name them.
Looking where were deep, maybe a db, and a wr, I don't think RB so much. At least there should be carries for Neal, Adams and Howard, maybe after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom