Chris Bell to return | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell to return

This is good news. Without Joe, we need some 3 point threats. As someone else pointed out, hopefully Chris will fill out a bit in the weight room. (Do we do the weight room?)

I have to figure that it was either Bell returns or we land someone like Hicks from Temple.

This is good news. Without Joe, we need some 3 point threats. As someone else pointed out, hopefully Chris will fill out a bit in the weight room. (Do we do the weight room?)
We have not in the past.

If we are going to a 3 guard lineup that leaves only 1 forward spot. 2 have said they are coming back. I can't imagine all 4 of them come back.
Where is this 3 guard lineup coming from? Did Red actually say this, cause I don't remember that. All I've seen him say is more pace and space, but that doesn't necessarily mean 3 guards. Maybe I missed it.

If we are going to a 3 guard lineup that leaves only 1 forward spot. 2 have said they are coming back. I can't imagine all 4 of them come back.
Did Red state that he was going with a 3 guard lineup?

The only players yet to confirm if they will be back are Copeland, Taylor, Edwards, Hima and Brown? I suppose yearly recommitments is now a thing. Brown and Hima seems to be a lock and perhaps do not need to make a statement, but the others are up for debate.

The only players yet to confirm if they will be back are Copeland, Taylor, Edwards, Hima and Brown? I suppose yearly recommitments is now a thing. Brown and Hima seems to be a lock and perhaps do not need to make a statement, but the others are up for debate.
Q is almost certainly coming back.

Taylor and Brown are interesting now. I would think one of them would leave?

Q is almost certainly coming back.

Taylor and Brown are interesting now. I would think one of them would leave?

Why would either one leave? Especially Brown though. Because Benny had two good games?

Taylor's shooting would be missed but Maliq, he's the kind of guy that coming off the bench could be the piece that helps you win meaningful games late in the year. I would hate to lose him. That said, as long as the coaches keep bringing talent in from wherever, I fully trust their assessment.

Our lifting program rarely produces the huge results other schools see. I'd like to see skinny guys become jacked during their careers here instead of slightly less skinny.

We aren't asking wide receivers to grow into tackles here. ;)
You're just going by the look test, though. Some guys need to add bulk, other guys just strength is fine. There are plenty of thin guys who are strong who have had nice careers.
Don't confuse skinny with weak. I'll take a skinny wing with a 36" vertical over a bulkier guy with a 24" vertical. Explosive power is underrated on this board.

WILD (with no inside info in any way) prediction (more like a guess)... we are going to get a Jesse IG post sponsored by Upstate Shredding announcing his return.

And all will be well.

Why would either one leave? Especially Brown though. Because Benny had two good games?

Benny and Bell were both starters last year. I have to imagine a big reason Benny came back is because he’s expected to be a major contributor. Bell right now is arguably our most consistent shooter, at least as of now.

Then there’s JJ at the 2. Hopefully Judah comes back and is the 1.

If the rumors are true about Moore/Red going with a 3 guard lineup, that’s less minutes available at the forward group .

I would like both of them back. It’s more about if there will be enough PT to go around and keep everyone happy (again, this is assuming Judah comes back AND we add another impact transfer (Moore).

Maliqs rebounding and size is important.

Taylor is more a 2/3 to me, which means he’d potentially be behind Moore, Mintz and JJ. Not to mention Copeland.

I think Taylor has a ton of potential and I hope he stays, but i could see him leaving

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom