Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

I for one hope MCW is the next 2 and done player for us. I like the idea of having very good 4 year players, and elite 2 years players. I think the mix is sustainable for long term success at an elite level and gives us the stability to be very good every year. MCW was a McDonald's all-American none of those players are trying to play 4 years in college so we need them to go pro early and be drafted highly to continue getting 5 star players. Those how aren't ready can go from the 2 year track to the 4 year track.

Love your post.
I also love the thought of him returning in 2013 as well.
I love the thought of MCW, CJ, Dajuan, Gbinije, and Rak in isolation with Cooney on the perimeter if the chips fell that way we would be rediculous. Its usually best that freshmen who aren't one and done wait a year. Its better for the school to stay good every year and to be more competitive towards a title every year.

Maybe this is why Lawrence and a bunch of other elite recruits are waiting until the spring .. to see if guys like Rak and MCW jump.
The problem with this theory is that if Lawrence (or McCullough) is waiting for Rak to jump before he commits, I'm afraid they are not commiting to SU.

I don't see Rak as the 2 year type. He doesn't have the same characteristics as the other 2 year players. He is not a physical freak (Fab) or limited in PT by an experienced loggam ahead of him (Dion, MCW). If he had performed well he would have played more, PF has been SU's weak link since RJ left.

On a side note, the beauty of the Ennis commitment is he put aside that temptation. It was once rumored he was going to wait it out, but that was turned around in SU's favor (kudo to both the staff and Ennis). There is no way that SU will now try to recruit over Ennis, they won't do that.

So, the odds in my book of SU getting one of those type of elite recruits that are waiting it out is not good.

The problem with this theory is that if Lawrence (or McCullough) is waiting for Rak to jump before he commits, I'm afraid they are not commiting to SU.

I don't see Rak as the 2 year type. He doesn't have the same characteristics as the other 2 year players. He is not a physical freak (Fab) or limited in PT by an experienced loggam ahead of him (Dion, MCW). If he had performed well he would have played more, PF has been SU's weak link since RJ left.

On a side note, the beauty of the Ennis commitment is he put aside that temptation. It was once rumored he was going to wait it out, but that was turned around in SU's favor (kudo to both the staff and Ennis). There is no way that SU will now try to recruit over Ennis, they won't do that.

So, the odds in my book of SU getting one of those type of elite recruits that are waiting it out is not good.
Lawrence class of 13, McCullough class of 14. James leaves as a senior replaced by Lawrence. CJ leaves as a senior replaced by McCullough.

Lawrence class of 13, McCullough class of 14. James leaves as a senior replaced by Lawrence. CJ leaves as a senior replaced by McCullough.
Works for me, let's do that.

That makes sense. Looks good to me too. No need to have to wait until Spring for that though.

That makes sense. Looks good to me too. No need to have to wait until Spring for that though.
We still have Grant that will be battling whomever that comes in for minutes. But sports is competition guy not interested in competing we shouldn't want. We offer the chance to play.

We still have Grant that will be battling whomever that comes in for minutes. But sports is competition guy not interested in competing we shouldn't want. We offer the chance to play.
That is one hell of a trio. I would love for SU to land either Wiggins or Vonleh as well, but that hardly seems likely. I really hope Seldon comes to SU, I think he would fit in perfectly with Ennis, Cooney and MG. Another tall guard, maybe not the shooter that Cooney and MG are, but not bad and attacks the basket. He also has good vision and he is a willing passer, which would allow him to spell Ennis for a few minutes.

Grant will be a 7'8" center by then.
The crazy thing is Lawrence is the same height as grant is now with a year to go and McCullough is an inch taller than grant with 2 years to go. Both of those kids will be 8 feet tall next summer if they sign here.

The crazy thing is Lawrence is the same height as grant is now with a year to go and McCullough is an inch taller than grant with 2 years to go. Both of those kids will be 8 feet tall next summer if they sign here.
I'm more excited by the newly measured 46.50" verticle jump. ;)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I'm more excited by the newly measured 46.50" verticle jump. ;)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
He did dunk from the 3pt line yesterday! of course that is worth 3pts!

That was a stunner (St. Raymond, Bronx, right?)... After the snub, I think we took Hak instead and it turned out to be a blessing in the long run. Development was slower for Hak, but he morphed into Mr. Extendo towards the end of his career and played on the 03' NC team. Later Hak was taken (in the ultimate payback) ahead of Hodge in the NBA draft (2005?) and established himself as a survivor in the NBA (now with NO), while Hodge's career quickly fizzled.

But enough history -- I'm wondering about where we stand with McCullough ('14) and Lawrence ('13). I love Lawrence's game, but lately the only tidbits I'm hearing involve McCullough talking up the 'Cuse after the Ennis commitment. I think you said McCullough could re-clasify -- and both he and Lawrence are listed at PF. If this is correct it would seem like an either/or with those 2. Thoughts?
I went to St. Ray's with Hodge and that recruitment will always be the #1 circus that I've seen SU involved in. I never mentioned anything about McCullough reclassifying, even though he's a yr older for his class. Wiggins and Vonleh are the ones that I've mentioned doing so.

I was thinking he got cut by the Bucs and then went to Italy. It could have been an injury, but strange that if hurt he would continue playing in Europe. But thanks for the added info.
Hodge was a teammate of Melo(how ironic) at Denver, when he was shot driving home after a concert. He was eventually cut and his career was never the same.

I went to St. Ray's with Hodge and that recruitment will always be the #1 circus that I've seen SU involved in. I never mentioned anything about McCullough reclassifying, even though he's a yr older for his class. Wiggins and Vonleh are the ones that I've mentioned doing so.
ok, thank you for the clarification.

The SU Elite camp is starting today or tomorrow, I think. Be interesting to know who's attending.

Hodge was a teammate of Melo(how ironic) at Denver, when he was shot driving home after a concert. He was eventually cut and his career was never the same.

Oh that sucks... I didn't like his snub, but no one deserves that.

Francis, I heard McCullough transfered to Brewster (CJ Fair's prep school). If so, does this signal any SU-staff influence ... ie, to make sure he qualifies?

holy smokes just checked out his video for the first time. looks taller than the 6'10'' espn has him listed at. Wow, he has the ability to put the ball on the floor and drive past you, the game has certainly changed the last 10 or so years with the Europeon game influence. has a pretty good looking shot for someone his height. looks in shape with no weight to lose ala fab and looks like a cordinated big guy as opposed to the tall guys that look stick figurish sloppy.

Francis, I heard McCullough transfered to Brewster (CJ Fair's prep school). If so, does this signal any SU-staff influence ... ie, to make sure he qualifies?
I believe the transfer to Brewster was more about facing better competition than anything linked towards SU. His old prep school in Connecticut was a good academic institution but the competition sucks. I'm sure his people felt that his game wasn't going to get much better playing against a bunch of future D3 talent kids.

I believe the transfer to Brewster was more about facing better competition than anything linked towards SU. His old prep school in Connecticut was a good academic institution but the competition sucks. I'm sure his people felt that his game wasn't going to get much better playing against a bunch of future D3 talent kids.

I see. Still, interesting coincidence. His old school was in Ct (Salsbury school) and Brewster is in Philly, no? :) Isn't Brewster kind of the "milford" of SU MBB?

Feel like he is a "I'll go to the the biggest offer" type guy... if UK offers, he's there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom