Christian Laettner Tweets | Syracusefan.com

Christian Laettner Tweets

I thought he was supposed to be in jail for running a ponzi scheme or something...

He always was a prima donna.

"Hey, gentle! I'm trying to send an important tweet here! Oh, and can you buff the big toe nail to a shiny luster? Last time it was too dull. Ah, Stewardess...please bring me another one of those little Jack bottles...in fact, make it three. Might as well take a three myself."

He's a tool.
And the fact that he was on the Olympic team in 1992 still baffles me.

Laettner is a jerk. Everybody knows what Duke accomplished from 1989-92. Pumping it up at the expense of the current team is pretty pathetic.

He could've left it at "they shoot too many 3's and play poor defense". The whole, "this would never happen when I was there!"...sit down and shut up, old man!

Meaning they needed at least one tool? I think mullin, Stockton, and Larry covered the other one...

He's arguably the best college basketball player in the last 25-30 years regardless of what he tweets yesterday. Dude was great at duke.
He was better than Ralph Sampson? 3 time player of the year? He was better than Pat Ewing? I think we could come up with quite a list of players better than him.

Laettner was chosen over Shaquille O'Neal, Chris Webber, Alonso Mourning for that 1992 Olympic roster spot. In hindsight that pick was horrible even if Coach K was an assistant.

He was better than Ralph Sampson? 3 time player of the year? He was better than Pat Ewing? I think we could come up with quite a list of players better than him.
Amazingly Ralph was not within the last 30 years...I am old...

Laettner was chosen over Shaquille O'Neal, Chris Webber, Alonso Mourning for that 1992 Olympic roster spot. In hindsight that pick was horrible even if Coach K was an assistant.

Laettner won 2 titles and unlike the guys you mentioned had more of a spotlight on him that the rest combined. It was an impossible task to roll with the Dream Team, but he was better prepared. Not like Shaq was going to play over Ewing or Robinson. At least Laettner had a bit of a Euro game and in head to heads beat all the guys you named.

Laettner won 2 titles and unlike the guys you mentioned had more of a spotlight on him that the rest combined. It was an impossible task to roll with the Dream Team, but he was better prepared. Not like Shaq was going to play over Ewing or Robinson. At least Laettner had a bit of a Euro game and in head to heads beat all the guys you named.
Bayside, he had the better team and the better coach.

Shaq was rumored to be the top choice in Golden Boys book written about the Dream Team, but as you mentioned would have been useless with Ewing, Robinson. However, he apparently was a pain the a$$ to a Team USA official and they used what you mentioned about Laettner as the reason why.

Bayside, he had the better team and the better coach.

He also had the better jumpshot. And for that team the best college resume possible.

Add Malone and Barkley to the list of Dream Teamers with the inside game.

Zo had his chance in 1988. Then Big John suddenly found religion and decided he couldn't miss school after using the whole tryout experience to get him ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom