Chukwu issue with opening tip. | Syracusefan.com

Chukwu issue with opening tip.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
In the grand scheme of things it's not that important that we win the tip but I'm not sure what the current strategy is. I like Chukwu but he's not even attempting to win the tip. It's a little bizarre when you have a 7'2 guy out there. Would we be better with Oshae.

In the grand scheme of things it's not that important that we win the tip but I'm not sure what the current strategy is. I like Chukwu but he's not even attempting to win the tip. It's a little bizarre when you have a 7'2 guy out there. Would we be better with Oshae.
It is a ceremonial start to the game. Literally zero correlation with who wins.

Its amazing. We went from having Hak who may have lost 1 tip in his last 3 years to literally never winning a tip. If stats were kept I would almost guarantee he had the longest tip streak in NCAA history and possibly best Career tip %. Chukwu isnt even close.

Ok, so maybe it really is a coincidence or maybe JAB really reads this board religiously but in actuality, I was surprised that this subject didn't come up in someone's twitter after I posted it the other day. Still not sure what the deal is with Chukwu because I don't think it has anything to do with hand/eye coordination. He has a great set of hands that when the ball is thrown to him or when he goes for the rebound then he is pretty successful in catching the ball.

That being said, it was great to see Brissett out there winning the opening tip successfully.

Ok, so maybe it really is a coincidence or maybe JAB really reads this board religiously but in actuality, I was surprised that this subject didn't come up in someone's twitter after I posted it the other day. Still not sure what the deal is with Chukwu because I don't think it has anything to do with hand/eye coordination. He has a great set of hands that when the ball is thrown to him or when he goes for the rebound then he is pretty successful in catching the ball.

That being said, it was great to see Brissett out there winning the opening tip successfully.

I think Chukwu is just too slow to get off his feet. Against UConn, he jumped when the ball had already been tapped by the UConn player.

maybe the alleged big man coach can help Chukwu with this.

Boeheim said on the radio broadcast when they interviewed him that Chukwu was playing hurt. Did anybody else hear this, did I hear it right? Does anybody know if Chukwu is hurt and what is wrong with him?

He's building of his energies for when it really matters.

Boeheim said on the radio broadcast when they interviewed him that Chukwu was playing hurt. Did anybody else hear this, did I hear it right? Does anybody know if Chukwu is hurt and what is wrong with him?

He was talking about Sidibe.

I'd be totally ok with the visiting team taking the ball up for the first possession.

I agree. Let SU start the game already set up in the 2-3 zone, and barring any tieups, SU gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom