Clark vs Reese equivalent to Bird vs Magic | Syracusefan.com

Clark vs Reese equivalent to Bird vs Magic

Why not? I'm team Reese I thought that final was great can't wait for the rematch.

as far as importance of moving their respective sports into the limelight. Rivalries are always huge.
Disagree. Both Magic and Bird were good guys and didn't need to play the villain role. Reece relishes the role and comes across as a nasty personality. In her defense, I think it's a role that her coach encourages.

Disagree. Both Magic and Bird were good guys and didn't need to play the villain role. Reece relishes the role and comes across as a nasty personality. In her defense, I think it's a role that her coach encourages.
Who said anything about villains? Mays vs Mantle. DiMaggio vs Williams.

It's all about competing players that help elevate your game. Bird vs Magic was one of the biggest rivalries in sports.

I get the rivalry and I'm no hoops savant but to me Reese is not in the same planet as a player. She knows how to grab attention and will dominate tonight as I think Iowa's bigs are dreadful, but she's not the best player on her team let alone in Clark's league (and I am not a huge Clark fan - she whines more than Luka and that isn't easy).

Actually I'd compare them to Edey and Knecht in yesterday's Purdue-Tennessee game.

Entertaining first half, hopefully we can get a classic finish

Maybe Auriemma will reconsider his statement that Bueckers is best player in the country

I don’t know why but I just don’t like Van Lith of LSU who used to be at Louisville. Don’t think she’s as good as touted eitherl

I don’t know why but I just don’t like Van Lith of LSU who used to be at Louisville. Don’t think she’s as good as touted.
She is not one of my favorites. Granted I haven't seen a ton of LSU this year, but she just looks like an ordinary player compared to when she was at Louisville imho

She is not one of my favorites. Granted I haven't seen a ton of LSU this year, but she just looks like an ordinary player compared to when she was at Louisville imho
I remember her from Louisville too. Started my dislike of her there. She would make a mistake and yell at someone like it was their fault. Just seemed kind of bratty. Hate to say it because I don’t know her of course.

She has struggled throughout the season (especially in tourney). Figured her scoring numbers would drop coming to a loaded LSU team, but her fg% has dropped drastically too. Shoots like 38%.

Just great basketball. Fast. Athletic. Skilled. The overall athletic ability and skills on display is seemingly light years ahead of teams like the Lobo UConn teams.

I’m surprised how poor an outside shooting team LSU is and that they couldn’t take any advantage with their inside players.

A few years ago I took my kids to the Louisville - UConn East regional in Albany, tickets were around $25. Tickets to the regional final last night were the same, about $25. Tickets to this LSU - Iowa game were $250. Shows the impact Clark has had on interest…and I think fans got their money’s worth tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom