clock managment | Syracusefan.com

clock managment

upperdeck

Living Legend
Over and over complaints about Dino.. I get it..

But really watch 10 games that are going into the 4th quarter any weekend.. You will be lucky if 2 coaches handle it well.

Just last night the Sam Houston/ Liberty game.. Both coaches were complete failures.. Liberty for the entire 4th quarter that let an 0-4 team back into a game they were down like 21-10 And Sam Houston for when the actually got back into a game and blew up on the last drive with less than 5 yds to go..

The W. Kent is up 35-7 and somehow lets La tech back into the game and only late game issues in the last min from blowing the whole lead. But also La tech for not knowing how to play the game late and messing up how to run XPs that could have made the late game comeback easier.

4 games 4 coaching failures.

It happened in the NFL again last night as well..

Its not a Dino thing its an all coaches thing.

It's a Dino thing. It happens constantly. Pointing out other coaches poor clock management doesn't make it less true.
nope. it just points out that thinking its a Dino thing is a thing.. Also points out that many dont watch enough games to understand whats a good decision and what is not.

nope. it just points out that thinking its a Dino thing is a thing.. Also points out that many dont watch enough games to understand whats a good decision and what is not.
I'm not sure how I can possibly watch more college football than I do.
I'm not saying it's a "Dino only" thing. I'm saying that Dino is among the worst at clock management, on a consistent basis, that I can recall.
Your anecdotal evidence is an awfully small sample size. Furthermore, your examples included no mention of time management issues, which is what we are talking about. It was a little hard to make sense. You basically just said those teams fell apart, and almost blew leads. Almost blowing an 11 point lead in the 4th is hardly remarkable in college.
What specific clock management issues did those coaches have?

I'm not sure how I can possibly watch more college football than I do.
I'm not saying it's a "Dino only" thing. I'm saying that Dino is among the worst at clock management, on a consistent basis, that I can recall.
Your anecdotal evidence is an awfully small sample size. Furthermore, your examples included no mention of time management issues, which is what we are talking about. It was a little hard to make sense. You basically just said those teams fell apart, and almost blew leads. Almost blowing an 11 point lead in the 4th is hardly remarkable in college.
What specific clock management issues did those coaches have?
Yeah I was going to say the same thing, OP basically just said the teams fell apart and didn’t list one game management issue.

Over and over complaints about Dino.. I get it..

But really watch 10 games that are going into the 4th quarter any weekend.. You will be lucky if 2 coaches handle it well.

Just last night the Sam Houston/ Liberty game.. Both coaches were complete failures.. Liberty for the entire 4th quarter that let an 0-4 team back into a game they were down like 21-10 And Sam Houston for when the actually got back into a game and blew up on the last drive with less than 5 yds to go..

The W. Kent is up 35-7 and somehow lets La tech back into the game and only late game issues in the last min from blowing the whole lead. But also La tech for not knowing how to play the game late and messing up how to run XPs that could have made the late game comeback easier.

4 games 4 coaching failures.

It happened in the NFL again last night as well..

Its not a Dino thing its an all coaches thing.
Justifying Dino's actions by comparing him to a bunch of C-USA staffs on schools that are recent FCS call-ups is pretty telling on just how low expectations have become. I really, really hope these aren't the comparisons that are being made internally.

Dino's game management needs work. This is true whether we compare him to the Clemson staff, UMass, Utica College, or OHSL teams.

well since there were only a few games on and no baseball i figured everyone was watching them, but it doesnt sound like the issues were seen here.

They all got ripped pretty good on the vsin/sportsgrid shows and the espn/cbs radio today.

I am pretty confident you dont watch as many games on days not at the Dome watching SU.

I mean the most ripped this year for Dino was the TO stuff at the half of the game a couple weeks ago and that really wasnt the wrong call even if the board thinks it was.

Justifying Dino's actions by comparing him to a bunch of C-USA staffs on schools that are recent FCS call-ups is pretty telling on just how low expectations have become. I really, really hope these aren't the comparisons that are being made internally.

Dino's game management needs work. This is true whether we compare him to the Clemson staff, UMass, Utica College, or OHSL teams.
go back and watch all the games where time issues mattered.

There were only a few games played this week.. Hard to complain about the bigger schools since those games havent happened.

You mean like USC screwing the end of the Col game
or the UCF/Baylor game last week
or the Lou/NC st game last week
or the Nd/Duke game last week
or the wash/ariz game

Not every game has issues, not every game matters what you do at the end,.

go back and watch all the games where time issues mattered.

There were only a few games played this week.. Hard to complain about the bigger schools since those games havent happened.

You mean like USC screwing the end of the Col game
or the UCF/Baylor game last week
or the Lou/NC st game last week
or the Nd/Duke game last week
or the wash/ariz game

Not every game has issues, not every game matters what you do at the end,.
The point is this: other coach's issues don't excuse Dino's.

The point is this: other coach's issues don't excuse Dino's.
Nope they dont.. But they do when people think they are not the norm.

Its not I can believe Dino does this. Its more I cant believe that most coaches would do this.

All the big coaches make the same mistakes too.. but Talent supercedes coaching in a lot of cases.

case in pt neg- ill

windy game. Neb is dominating just over 3 min to go in the half with the ball. They are a terrible passing team going into a good breeze... lets run and make Ill stop us and use time outs.

nope lets throw give them the ball back with 3 min not 1 1/2 and not making them use the TOs.. illini drives and scores.. Ok you tried aggresive. Lets be smart with 1.30 left..

Nope lets double down on dumb throw some more,, dont make Ill use any Time outs and punt and give them almost a min, and they drived down the field again with short plays and using the TOs they saved.
They stall out and kick a fg from over 55 with a kicker who has never made one over 53..

Put a guy back to run it out if short.. Nope watch it land short instead

Thats Matt Rhule.. Supposed to be a good coach.. 3 massive mistakes in one half of dumb clock management in a road game up 17-0.. Lucky to still be up 17-7 ..

The KSU follows up at the same time down 16 with 8 min to go in the 3rd.. Tries on 4 and 8 at 10ish.. Gets nothing.. Stop chasing pts with so much time left..

wait can we write that down.. someone actually agrees with me.. is this thing backed up.

Nope they dont.. But they do when people think they are not the norm.

Its not I can believe Dino does this. Its more I cant believe that most coaches would do this.

All the big coaches make the same mistakes too.. but Talent supercedes coaching in a lot of cases.
Such an odd hill to die on. Denying obvious and repeated issues and then justifying it by examining some of the lowest-level programs in FBS (or transitioning to FBS). I'll repeat: I really, REALLY hope the people assessing the state of the program internally have higher standards than some of our fanbase. Good lord.

Nobody thinks Dino should be perfect, but some of us expect him to improve. That's the issue.

wait can we write that down.. someone actually agrees with me.. is this thing backed up.
It was incredibly sarcastic. I 100 % disagree.

If the clock management was even marginally better we would’ve beat UNC today.

Which was worse, us punting in that scenario or the situation flipped where Maye was still out there throwing 40 yards to the end zone with four minutes left to run up the score. I’m surprised no one has mentioned that. I thought it was pretty classless on the part of Mack Brown, but I’ve never bought what they’re selling on that guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom