Coaching Staff | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Staff

I really don't think there would be anything awkward with Dino and Martin. Professionalism aside, he threw Martin a HUGE bone and who knows the zillion conversations they had around him taking the job to begin with and the pro/cons involved. Martin got a sht ton of money in his 1 year and he'll probably have a lot of options.

If my relative hired me to work for him for 1 year at 250K I'd be just fine and would splurge on the bottle of wine at the next turkey day.

The guy to feel sorry for might be Garrison Johnson.

Last edited:
Whitey what did that tweet say? It apparently doesn’t exist anymore, so says my IPhone

I'm liking how the coaching staff is firming up. Hiring a STUD recruiter is still my #1 wish, so hopefully something is able to come through on that end.

Dino is literally in the midst of a coaching transformation. He had to make the tough decisions. He let go of some long-time assistants and close family friends. You can tell he's not efffing around and is here to win some ball games.

Here's to a relentless, blitzing D and a quick striking O. Suck rocks, ACC Atlantic.

I'm fine with Lynch assuming his old co-OC role, if that's what happens. Just because play calling was a weakness doesn't mean he has no value in his old role. I've never understood how the co-OC thing works with a running game coordinator and passing game coordinator, but it's become more prevalent and Dino knows how to organize it. I'm interested to see how the rest shakes out this off season and what it looks like on the field next fall.

I'm fine with Lynch assuming his old co-OC role, if that's what happens. Just because play calling was a weakness doesn't mean he has no value in his old role. I've never understood how the co-OC thing works with a running game coordinator and passing game coordinator, but it's become more prevalent and Dino knows how to organize it. I'm interested to see how the rest shakes out this off season and what it looks like on the field next fall.
I've always wondered in the passing game coordinator running game coordinator set up where RPO fits. Who's responsible?

It sounds like one way or another we’ve confirmed every coach on the staff except Martin and Cavanaugh. It sounds like Martin is gone based on his twitter profile update.

Lustig
Arnett
Gilbert
Lynch
Ferri
Cavanaugh
Reynolds
Monroe
Stanard

Assuming Cavanaugh remains on staff, that leaves 1 opening?

It sounds like one way or another we’ve confirmed every coach on the staff except Martin and Cavanaugh. It sounds like Martin is gone based on his twitter profile update.

Lustig
Arnett
Gilbert
Lynch
Ferri
Cavanaugh
Reynolds
Monroe
Stanard

Assuming Cavanaugh remains on staff, that leaves 1 opening?
Never assume things.;)
I have seen nothing of Cavanaugh out recruiting yet.

If Cav is out they’re either going to bring in Mattox or Lynch goes back to oline. No co-OC about it. If no Mattox they’d need to hire a RB coach.

If Cav is out they’re either going to bring in Mattox or Lynch goes back to oline. No co-OC about it. If no Mattox they’d need to hire a RB coach.

Wasn't Lynch originally co-oc/ol/rb?

note to self, do not hire family

If he does depart, this might not be as awkward as people think.

The prize was the son-in-law playing OT for a year. I doubt it was any secret. And he was a big key to the 10 win season.

For Martin, it puts something better on his resume.

It's possible they had a pretty open and up front conversation about it from the beginning.

Then again, maybe there's a Thanksgiving rumble coming up in the near future. Who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom