Cuffe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuffe

I know most don’t agree, but I don’t think he really should have a role on a power 5 team that is expecting to make the tourney. He doesn’t bring much to the table. Maybe if he wasn’t 6 foot?

I know most don’t agree, but I don’t think he really should have a role on a power 5 team that is expecting to make the tourney. He doesn’t bring much to the table. Maybe if he wasn’t 6 foot?
Hyper disagree, I need so much help to keep my mouth shut, any suggestions?, excuse me I forgot, no thanks

20240417_223654.jpg

Cuffe is a solid bench piece. Really good 5th guard type. Plays hard on defense and hustles on the court. Great kid to have on your bench
He is a good piece off the bench.

I think his size and toughness is perfect for pg personally and id be extremely happy if he takes steps to learn the position in the next couple years.
Hopefully we’ll see improved ball handling and passing this year and more natural instincts operating offense/getting teammates involved.

Not saying he is going to be our starting pg, but man Kyle Cuffe eventually learning the position, even in just a backup capacity, would be a great benefit to us and give us more flexibility at guard.
Also it would give his college/professional career a huge boost, so you would think that this is the whispering behind the scene.

Rooting for this to happen KC…and I reckon it might if he’s using this board as fuel lol

We act like kids can’t get better. Whether they are bad, good or great, these kids work on their craft harder than most any of us do on ours. Don’t dismiss the process and how kids make jumps. We’ve seen it in so many. Whether this young man or any other, they have a god given talent a tiny percentage of us have. And, they spend hours each day to get better. Whether they are now getting paid or not, they are practicing and playing to get better and to win.

As for Kyle, I have no idea the player he can be, but I saw enough to believe he can be really good. Not sure why, be he reminded me of michael Lloyd who was here for a hot minute.

He brings a lot to the table. He’s tough, athletic and a really good defender. He’s not afraid to attack the basket. You can always find time for kids like this. He can also become a pretty good three point shooter. Remember, last year was basically his first year. I’ve seen a lot of freshman do a lot less than Cuffe who went on to become good players.

I'm not gonna spend much energy defending Kyle Cuffe, since it's a massive waste of time in light of the cynicism, shortsightedness, and myopic lack of perspective offered by some.
And after all, as we all know players NEVER improve, get better, or show progress. Better to just dump him now and stop wasting our precious time. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cuffe is the player most every good team has to boost depth. Can give you a number of things while being a plus on the court vs a liability. If he blows up over the summer and comes in a different player then that’s just great news for us.

Cuffe is a legit bench piece. I like this hustle, athleticism, and defense. Seems to be a decent shooter too. Didn't he win the cuse internal 3pt comp last year at the start of the season? Will be interesting to see if him or Moore emerges for more paying time this year

I really disagree with this. I find there's a guy on so many of these tourney teams where you watch and say "Why cant we get a guy like that". That's Cuffe to me. He's not going to be a star and he's certainly not a PG imo. But I stand by my orginal post. I see no reason he can't play some of JJs mins and play in a 3 guard lineup

I really disagree with this. I find there's a guy on so many of these tourney teams where you watch and say "Why cant we get a guy like that". That's Cuffe to me. He's not going to be a star and he's certainly not a PG imo. But I stand by my orginal post. I see no reason he can't play some of JJs mins and play in a 3 guard lineup
I was hoping they would play a 3 guard lineup but we rarely saw it this year. Hopefully it will be used more now that we have legit size at the 4 and 5.

I was hoping they would play a 3 guard lineup but we rarely saw it this year. Hopefully it will be used more now that we have legit size at the 4 and 5.

Cuffe and Westry while different heights both use their physicality well to do things on both ends of the court. Makes them both great fits to play in a 3 guard lineup for sure where you have the right matchups.

Yeah like someone else said I’m not gonna waste much energy on this, especially considering I let my opinion knownon Cuffe/playing time during the season, but I very much agree with this.

Weren’t Judah, JJ and Q on the court together often? Same with Cuffe with 2 of those 3.

My favorite thing about Cuffe is that he is always ready to contribute the second he checks in. There is no nervousness or hesitation. He's confident.
Cuffe has a serious set of springs on him and legit range on his jump shot. He has a decent handle, is a serviceable passer, (as you mention) shows composure, and usually doesn't dribble into trouble. Sheesh. What do people want from a bench combo guard? He's good; he's improving; and he can help us. Let's support our coaches and our depth guys and gather ourselves for a roster that's under construction.

Last edited:
Weren’t Judah, JJ and Q on the court together often? Same with Cuffe with 2 of those 3.
Yeah. I guess it depends on what you call Copeland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom