Cuffe | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cuffe

I like his attitude, moxy..the way he plays with focus and confidence

but what is his position?

shooting guard?

point guard?

I see him as a shooting guard...and now there are at least 3 shooting guards on the roster, maybe more...

definitely like having him on the team but I am just wondering how the backcourt forms ...

I predict he will have to learn to play point to get decent minutes this year

My impression is that Cuffe didn't know how to be out there with Judah, which is more on Judah than Cuffe. He couldn't spot up to shoot because Judah rarely dished. He couldn't crash the boards without clogging the lane. I think he will know his role better without Judah there. I can see him stuffing the box score with 10-20 min off the bench.

I was hoping they would play a 3 guard lineup but we rarely saw it this year. Hopefully it will be used more now that we have legit size at the 4 and 5.
One reason to play a three guard lineup is to spread the defense with good shooters to create openings for dribble penetration.

When your three guard lineup is Mintz, Starling and Copeland, with Bell on the bench, you aren't spreading the floor...

With Leffew, Starling and Cuffe, at least you would have three guards that are a threat to make a three. I suspect the minutes where Bell is resting will have plenty of three guard lineups, especially if we don't recruit a fourth forward.

With all the departures, the fact that Kyle is still on campus indicates that the staff have a defined role for him next year to be able to get significant playing time. Given the number of shooting guards, if they don't bring in a starting calibre PG I'm guessing that Kyle will be tried at PG as either the starter or primary back up off the bench. He has the entire off season season and preseason to develop that aspect of his game (ball handling, passing). He would go from primarily being a shooter to a distributor. I really like his game.

I can tell you one thing, he didn't cut and run when he faced adversity this season.
Ill take Cuffe at the point. He was highly recruited kid is one of the most athletic players and defenders on the team. He is better suited to play the point than Joe was by a long shot. If we miss out on a pg this off season i expect to see him and Chance at the 1

He’s a great 4th/5th guard. Like his demeanor and what he brings. Not sure why he’s constantly drawing so much ire on the board.

Ill take Cuffe at the point. He was highly recruited kid is one of the most athletic players and defenders on the team. He is better suited to play the point than Joe was by a long shot. If we miss out on a pg this off season i expect to see him and Chance at the 1
No, he’s not even as good as JG. Athleticism has zero to do with it. He can’t handle the ball.

No, he’s not even as good as JG. Athleticism has zero to do with it. He can’t handle the ball.
I dont agree. For Gods sake Joe had to back the ball up the court. Not saying Cuffe is going to get us to the promised land but between him and Chance we would have a punchers chance

I dont agree. For Gods sake Joe had to back the ball up the court. Not saying Cuffe is going to get us to the promised land but between him and Chance we would have a punchers chance
I don't believe Cuffe can play the pt in the ACC. Joe could. Not well but he could. Westry, I haven't seen so I don't know. But with his history, you just can't go in to a season depending on him.

Cuffe will very likely be recruited over... so this discussion is likely moot

I think he heads to the portal imo. Siena or another mid major might be really good for him, build it back up and transfer again elsewhere in a year

No he’s going to be part of the battle, he’s a competitor, practices should be much better and the cream will rise to the top. He will get better and he’ll make others better.
With Starling, Carlos, Moore, and Westry all competing for minutes with Cuffe he might be the odd man out despite his best effort. I like his game but minutes might be hard to come by.

With Starling, Carlos, Moore, and Westry all competing for minutes with Cuffe he might be the odd man out despite his best effort. I like his game but minutes might be hard to come by.
forgot Leffew

Cuffe will very likely be recruited over... so this discussion is likely moot
Would be unwise IMO. Cuffe can play mins at this level. The more guys we have fighting for mins, the better.

bringing in a couple very good mid majors and a guy who's been hurt for 2 years and a starter who basically didn't play D last year shouldn't mean we're closing up shop for mins. I'm excited about all the options. Cuffe included.

At this point we're probably not getting a better portal option than Cuffe to be deep bench depth so I hope he stays. Also last year was basically his freshman year of basketball, and he was overcoming an injury. I hope he stays as a program guy and is content with bench minutes. He can contribute.

forgot Leffew
And now Leffew... Cuffe is going to have to dramatically improve his 3pt shooting at this point to even dream about getting more than 3 minutes a game... I like the kid but I just don't see the minutes for him.

Why do we do this? We want good depth but then don’t hesitate to diss our good depth hoping there’s better out there. uggh. Let these kids battle, have fun doing it and let Red make the roster decisions and moves.

Why do we do this? We want good depth but then don’t hesitate to diss our good depth hoping there’s better out there. uggh. Let these kids battle, have fun doing it and let Red make the roster decisions and moves.

Exactly. We have more than one player coming off major injury. Cuffe could easily slot into a 10 or 11 man rotation and if things play out right play for a very good team. Not to mention Choppa is a freshman and might take some time to get adjusted at this level.

i dont think anyone wants him to leave...just wondering if he will

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom