Danny Hurley to the Lakers ?? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Danny Hurley to the Lakers ??

Whether it’s living in a world class city coaching Lebron James, or living next to a Frank Pepe’s and hanging out with Ben Gordon, both jobs present intriguing options.

"Coaching LeBron James" - just LOL, man.

If he does go, it sounds like they will hire from within but if not, they should talk to Billy Donovan. Great college coach(last guy to go back to back before Hurley did it) and a Northeast guy who would be a great fit.

Cmon guys it was a joke. two3zone s post just reminded me of that NY times pitchbot twitter account.

Anyway different people have different motivations and it wouldn’t shock me if Hurley stayed. Mostly because I can’t have nice things.

I would have loved for UConn to have slunk into the swamp and become irrelevant, but we're are way past that point by now.

I would have loved for UConn to have slunk into the swamp and become irrelevant, but we're are way past that point by now.
If they are able to keep Kimani OR Luke Murray as HC they’ll be fine.

But in a hypothetical situation where Murray and Kimani go with Hurley, that’s a tough pivot in June. Their whole roster could leave

Exactly.

But he still gets paid the money he's owed.

Hypothetical, Lakers sign him to a 10 year $100 million contract. They fire him after 2 years, they owe him 8/80. He goes back to UConn for an 8 year deal at say $50 million. That $50 million could offset some of the money the Lakers owe, but its not a complete offset so they would owe him $30 million, and more importantly (for Hurley) he gets paid the full amount, it's just some from the Lakers and some from UConn. He can't necessarily double dip, but if he signs 10/100 then he's probably getting $100 million over the next 10 years, it just may not all be from the Lakers

Yep, and the situation is NBA contracts are guaranteed. #Fact
He likes to do this thing where he knows he's wrong so he throws out a bunch of irrelevant information to distract himself from the main point. The guy will never admit he's wrong or stop arguing his incorrect narrative.

He likes to do this thing where he knows he's wrong so he throws out a bunch of irrelevant information to distract himself from the main point. The guy will never admit he's wrong or stop arguing his incorrect narrative.
I can see that now. I'm totally bowing out as this is all basic knowledge stuff amongst sports fans. If he wants to double down on being wrong it only makes him look bad

I can see that now. I'm totally bowing out as this is all basic knowledge stuff amongst sports fans. If he wants to double down on being wrong it only makes him look bad
If you're up for a good laugh check out the last two pages of the "Frank Anselem portal to Louisville" thread where his own "evidence" completely disproves his narrative and he continues to double down.

Not an easy decision. If I were in his position right now I'd probably stay at UConn. Everything isn't always about money and if he and this wife are truly happy where they are, no amount will get him to leave.

I don't think he would have trouble getting a good college job if he went to LA but wanted to come back after a few years. If the pay is somewhat close, I could understand staying in Storrs. Otherwise he would be kinda nuts to turn down the payday.

This summarizes what I've been saying a few places in this thread, and now I'll stop.
No, no you won't. What would it look like if you didn't "stop?"

Let's say he gets an 8 year contract and gets fired after the 1st year, or worse still during the first season...
ESPN has them pre-season number 3. He knows how to win tournament games. They play great defense, and last year's offense they ran changed their whole game...
John Beilein only got paid a fraction of his 4 year guaranteed contract when he was fired in Cleveland in 2020...
Do coaches who take new jobs before their old contract is up get paid the full amount?
Generally, no, they don't.
As a coach, as a person, who is more remembered?
The college coaching legend, or the guy who had a cup of coffee with a pro team?
That's the point.
Exactly.
It depends on the contract and it depends on the situation...
"Coaching LeBron James" - just LOL, man.

He’s dumb for not leaving now to one of the greatest franchises in NBA history. Honestly he doesn’t have anything else to prove at the college level and I hate saying that but it’s true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom