Dino Babers thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

That is good news for Dungey's noggen. Maybe not so good news for the Captain's future. But maybe (as we stated) a resurrection of Wilson's.

And maybe (just maybe) Custis/Enoicy will be furloughed from WR prison and see some meaningful PT.
Why? Do you think they were better than the guys who played, but the coaches just didn't want them on the field, so as to hurt the team's chance to win.

Sure interview 6-8 guys but have some common thread indicating you have a clue as to what you are looking for.
What if you're looking for the "best candidate available"?

Still hoping for Babers... from a PR and coaching standpoint he seems to have "it".

Why? Do you think they were better than the guys who played, but the coaches just didn't want them on the field, so as to hurt the team's chance to win.
:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what I meant.

I think he knows exactly what he wants. It's the board rumors and media grasping at air that convolutes things.
I am willing to believe that - actually want to believe that - but what is it? It made sense when the story was Frost #1 and Babers #2 and Montgomery as well but then in comes Ash, a completely different animal.

I can also see hedging bets until you can lock up Babers after Friday, but with defensive coordinators?

I am willing to believe that - actually want to believe that - but what is it? It made sense when the story was Frost #1 and Babers #2 and Montgomery as well but then in comes Ash, a completely different animal.

I can also see hedging bets until you can lock up Babers after Friday, but with defensive coordinators?
I think playing style may not be his primary motivation.

What if you're looking for the "best candidate available"?

Still hoping for Babers... from a PR and coaching standpoint he seems to have "it".
OK, but wouldn't that be within certain specs?

Crusty said:
Sure interview 6-8 guys but have some common thread indicating you have a clue as to what you are looking for.

I believe he does. Just because nothing is public and everyone is tossing stuff out there doesn't mean he doesn't have a clue. He very much does.

I believe he does. Just because nothing is public and everyone is tossing stuff out there doesn't mean he doesn't have a clue. He very much does.
As I said, I am willing to believe that I just can't see the common thread running through these candidates. Young/old - HC /OC/DC. Do you?

Crusty said:
As I said, I am willing to believe that I just can't see the common thread running through these candidates. Young/old - HC /OC/DC. Do you?

Maybe they aren't all serious candidates and maybe there are others.

Remains to be seen, but seems like we're running into Plan B territory.

We'll see.

I want to put this out there right now, Babers is my favorite candidate right now with Montgomery. But, I cannot shake this feeling that this decision is going to surprise people, and not necessarily positively.

He may very well select Babers, as I said, I believe I only know of a handful that were interviewed, nothing more.

I just don't believe that anymore than maybe a handful of individuals have any idea what the list and its order looks like now as opposed to last week.

OK then what? Price? Somebody he is comfortable with - gut feel?
I'd be lying if I told you I knew Crusty. That's just the way the situation reads to me. I think he's looking for a buttoned up, tight ship kinda guy that fits his image of what he thinks Syracuse needs most. Budget and playing style are probably more like 3 or 4 on the list as opposed to 1 and 2.

Maybe they aren't all serious candidates and maybe there are others.
I am sure they vary in degrees of serious interest (both ways) and there is always the possibility of others (Ash was certainly a surprise). I keep thinking that Frost was a guy that seemed to fit and the others ought to have something in common with that mold. Maybe not.

My theory. Dominoes have fallen such that SU and Babers are waiting to embrace. Babers' leverage vis-a-vis Maryland, is gone. SU lets it slip that there is a mystery candidate. SU signs Babers but at $200,000 less than if no mystery candidate existed. Now mystery man may in fact exist but only if Babers falls through for some reason.

My theory. Dominoes have fallen such that SU and Babers are waiting to embrace. Babers' leverage vis-a-vis Maryland, is gone. SU lets it slip that there is a mystery candidate. SU signs Babers but at $200,000 less than if no mystery candidate existed. Now mystery man may in fact exist but only if Babers falls through for some reason.
I thought of that also and it makes perfect sense. I just wonder if it is just my wistful thinking!

I am sure they vary in degrees of serious interest (both ways) and there is always the possibility of others (Ash was certainly a surprise). I keep thinking that Frost was a guy that seemed to fit and the others ought to have something in common with that mold. Maybe not.
Maybe Frost was the outlier... the flashy "gamble" (within certain parameters) splash hire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom