Dino Babers thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

I want to put this out there right now, Babers is my favorite candidate right now with Montgomery. But, I cannot shake this feeling that this decision is going to surprise people, and not necessarily positively.

He may very well select Babers, as I said, I believe I only know of a handful that were interviewed, nothing more.

I just don't believe that anymore than maybe a handful of individuals have any idea what the list and its order looks like now as opposed to last week.

That first paragraph isn't very promising

I want to put this out there right now, Babers is my favorite candidate right now with Montgomery. But, I cannot shake this feeling that this decision is going to surprise people, and not necessarily positively.

He may very well select Babers, as I said, I believe I only know of a handful that were interviewed, nothing more.

I just don't believe that anymore than maybe a handful of individuals have any idea what the list and its order looks like now as opposed to last week.
I have a hard time thinking that if Babers is there for the taking that we opt some strange mystery candidate other than Montgomery. The notion that we might snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is just too depressing.
Nothing to do but wait and hope.

1408715217471_wps_15_ZOJILA_KASHMIR_INDIA_AUGU.jpg

Out of respect to his players Im sure he is keeping it private till after the game Friday. Guy wants to win a ship and quite frankly that's awesome. Finish what you started and honor your current players commitment. That be said, I think he's orange.

I am willing to believe that - actually want to believe that - but what is it? It made sense when the story was Frost #1 and Babers #2 and Montgomery as well but then in comes Ash, a completely different animal.

I can also see hedging bets until you can lock up Babers after Friday, but with defensive coordinators?

They're called smokescreens and they've worked on everyone. Twitter can start a massive wave of a rumor in a split second.

Do not believe all that you see. We will land Babers, Brohm or Montgomery. Paul Petrino could also be in the mix.

I'm putting all my chips in the Babers pot.

They're called smokescreens and they've worked on everyone. Twitter can start a massive wave of a rumor in a split second.

Do not believe all that you see. We will land Babers, Brohm or Montgomery. Paul Petrino could also be in the mix.

#UEOStillStandsWithRocco

I don't believe much on Twitter. However, I only referred to Frost, Babers and Ash, none of which I believe is a smokescreen. I am guessing that Ash was told he was out and given the opportunity to say he was withdrawing his name to save face.

Frost traded away leaving Babers. Unless something happens in the next few days I am also betting on Babers. But this is Syracuse football and we are rarely rewarded for optimism.

Why on earth would anyone ever consider bringing in Paul Petrino or anyone associated with Idaho?

I don't believe any of that talk for a second. No freaking way. No. Just no. Just, like, no. No. No. I'll say it one more time: NO. Hey, Darth Vader, can you take this next one for me?

The real question... What would be the harder sell. A 70 year old Head Coach or a 6-29 head coach from freaking Idaho?

That is why I consider Syracuse football a gateway drug.

Why on earth would anyone ever consider bringing in Paul Petrino or anyone associated with Idaho?

I don't know. We could aim him towards Bud and elevate the caliber of articles written by the PS.

I don't believe any of that talk for a second. No freaking way. No. Just no. Just, like, no. No. No. I'll say it one more time: NO. Hey, Darth Vader, can you take this next one for me?

For once I agree with you. This Idaho coordinator talk is absolutely ridiculous. That's the best this University can do?

I don't care what Coyle is looking for - it ain't that.

While I seriously doubt this interview stuff, courtesy interviews are often given to friends of friends etc. Neither of these are serious if they happen at all.

jekelish said:
Why on earth would anyone ever consider bringing in Paul Petrino or anyone associated with Idaho? I don't believe any of that talk for a second. No freaking way. No. Just no. Just, like, no. No. No. I'll say it one more time: NO. Hey, Darth Vader, can you take this next one for me? YouTube Video

Petrino is not a candidate. The other guy there? Maybe. But we may be talking to guys about other positions too.

Why has there been no mention of Rhule going anywhere?

Has there been any talk about him at all, could he be the mystery candidate that will swoop in and save us?

Has there been any talk about him at all, could he be the mystery candidate that will swoop in and save us?

I read somewhere that its the money. He's making 1.5 mil at Temple already.

Still talking to Mizzou.

Still talking to Mizzou.

Multiple sources have told The Inquirer that head coach Matt Rhule is no longer talking to Missouri about its vacant football job. A source confirmed that the two sides met on Sunday morning in Philadelphia.

Behind the scenes a source says that Temple has been in negotiations with Rhule to ensure that he will stay. And apparently, these negotiations were happening well before Missouri sought permission to speak to Rhule

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ri_coaching_position.html#xJjHcKUkv3J7X9qe.99

do ADs interview for other spots before getting a coach? or do they do that since a new coach cant really do it until he leaves the first school? hard to see that kind of process really staying out of the public though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom