Dino Babers thread... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 1m1 minute ago
Dan Wolken Retweeted Jake Wade
I think Dino is mostly in play for Syracuse or Maryland. Heard both are interested.
Please, Dino. Please.
If Rex Culpepper is Dino's qb can we PLEASE call the offense Rex and the Dinobots?

Ottoingrotto can we please get a ruling on this?
ABSOFRIGGINLUTELY

I believe he does. Just because nothing is public and everyone is tossing stuff out there doesn't mean he doesn't have a clue. He very much does.
He's only been here a short time, so how can you be so sure? Inside info? If so, not asking you to post it. Just curious why you're so confident that he's a top notch AD who "get's it."

Btw.. I've been very supportive of the hire and think he was the right man for the job. I can't honestly say though that I'm 100% confident that "he has a clue," until of course the proof is in the past.

Petrino is not a candidate. The other guy there? Maybe. But we may be talking to guys about other positions too.
It'd be weird to hire assistants without the head coach though, right? Sorry your point flew over my head.. All this chaos is really hard to keep on top of.

It'd be weird to hire assistants without the head coach though, right? Sorry your point flew over my head.. All this chaos is really hard to keep on top of.

It wouldn't be weird if there was a back door agreement already in place and feelers were being put out on behalf of the coach waiting to be named. Just a thought - no insider info.

th
im dying laughing

What's wrong with Brohm? All he's done at Western Kentucky is win with a high-flying offense.

Brohm would be a home run imo. Second only to Babers.

I agree. I like Brohm too.

What's wrong with Brohm? All he's done at Western Kentucky is win with a high-flying offense.

You might be right. I just can't seem to get enthusiastic about him. I guess I am enamored with the Briles lineage because it has been so successful everywhere.

I think Montgomery is the next best.

You might be right. I just can't seem to get enthusiastic about him. I guess I am enamored with the Briles lineage because it has been so successful everywhere.

I think Montgomery is the next best.
I'm hoping for the Air Raid also but Petrino's system works in college and Brohm seems like the real deal.

one thing i love about babers is his humility. he readily admits that he's just running briles offense with a little more under center because of crappy mac weather.

one of the problems with hiring a defensive coach is that we have to hire an offensive coordinator on the cheap. these guys have slaved away for years and now they have their chance to make it big. the temptation to try to be different is huge for these guys and it leads to poorly thought out untested silliness. maybe their goal isn't to maximize wins - their goal is to maximize their chances of being the next big thing.

rob spence throwing bubble screens all day, tim lester trying this odd elmhurst offense. this is guys trying to be different. edit then you have mcf***it buying the n zone and deciding to make it his own for no good reason

when you hire an offensive coach for big money, they've already made it. they don't need to be so different. they just need to win.

Last edited:
one thing i love about babers is his humility. he readily admits that he's just running briles offense with a little more under center because of crappy mac weather.

one of the problems with hiring a defensive coach is that we have to hire an offensive coordinator on the cheap. these guys have slaved away for years and now they have their chance to make it big. the temptation to try to be different is huge for these guys and it leads to poorly thought out untested silliness. maybe their goal isn't to maximize wins - their goal is to maximize their chances of being the next big thing.

rob spence throwing bubble screens all day, tim lester trying this odd elmhurst offense. this is guys trying to be different

when you hire an offensive coach for big money, they've already made it. they don't need to be so different. they just need to win.

Yeah, he clearly knows what got him here and intends to ride it until someone can stop it.

I'm hoping for the Air Raid also but Petrino's system works in college and Brohm seems like the real deal.
there is something to be said for petrino's system in a dome. it's a little like the leach air raid in that he's not asking his qb to run around - the brohms didn't run and had no arm strength (remember brian brohm in buffalo? oof) it's not as prolific as the air raid but being somewhat more conventional helps their defense in practice - their defenses aren't as terrible as leach's or kingsbury's.

but baylor's offense has been shown to work without a credible dual threat. you don't have to have robert griffin running the zone read - nassib did just fine taking 5 easy yards and getting down.

paul petrino is way too big a gamble though. might not be his fault that idaho is terrible but man, 4-8 is a tough sell.

if babers doesn't work out and we get a brohm, ok. but paul petrino scares me

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=News-Notes--Quotes--Dec-3

- Western Kentucky offensive coordinator Tyson Helton dropped some immense praise for head coach Jeff Brohm. Both could be in the mix for other jobs after this weekend’s C-USA title game.

"He's the best I've been around," Helton said of Brohm, per the Bowling Green Daily News. "He's a guy that, he's a players' coach. He understands what it takes to win. He understands the issues that they go through. He knows what's really important. He doesn't let the little things get in the way. He's a family guy first. Faith, family, football is what he always talks about. It's a joy every week to go work for a guy like that. He puts you in an environment where you can excel. He loves new ideas and loves competition.

"To be able to work for Jeff Brohm is the best job you can have."

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=News-Notes--Quotes--Dec-3

- Western Kentucky offensive coordinator Tyson Helton dropped some immense praise for head coach Jeff Brohm. Both could be in the mix for other jobs after this weekend’s C-USA title game.

"He's the best I've been around," Helton said of Brohm, per the Bowling Green Daily News. "He's a guy that, he's a players' coach. He understands what it takes to win. He understands the issues that they go through. He knows what's really important. He doesn't let the little things get in the way. He's a family guy first. Faith, family, football is what he always talks about. It's a joy every week to go work for a guy like that. He puts you in an environment where you can excel. He loves new ideas and loves competition.

"To be able to work for Jeff Brohm is the best job you can have."

lol, sounds like Helton is pushing to get Brohm another job so maybe he can take the WKU gig. I know that's most likely not true, but it comes across that way.

there is something to be said for petrino's system in a dome. it's a little like the leach air raid in that he's not asking his qb to run around - the brohms didn't run and had no arm strength (remember brian brohm in buffalo? oof) it's not as prolific as the air raid but being somewhat more conventional helps their defense in practice - their defenses aren't as terrible as leach's or kingsbury's.

but baylor's offense has been shown to work without a credible dual threat. you don't have to have robert griffin running the zone read - nassib did just fine taking 5 easy yards and getting down.

paul petrino is way too big a gamble though. might not be his fault that idaho is terrible but man, 4-8 is a tough sell.

if babers doesn't work out and we get a brohm, ok. but paul petrino scares me
I don't see Paul Petrino being a possibility considering his poor record and the character baggage that comes with him.

I don't see Paul Petrino being a possibility considering his poor record and the character baggage that comes with him.
That has to be complete BS. Not happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom