Dino Babers thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

So it looks like it's probably down to SU, UVA, and Mizzou for Babers' services.

Anyone know who UVA or Mizzou are leaning towards?

Ozcuse said:
So it looks like it's probably down to SU, UVA, and Mizzou for Babers' services. Anyone know who UVA or Mizzou are leaning towards?

No - but Mizzou could be interesting considering the race issues there. Babers could see that as a fight he wants to take on and I would root him on. But that place is a mess right now.

Do we think Coyle would let Ash get away if he didn't have another good candidate or two lined up?

and charlie strong and his biracial marriage were welcomes at UT no questions asked. I know that for a fact.

The South isn't all full of seething racists and the North isn't full of white knights. I've lived in both places. To toss out unnuanced blanket assumptions about an entire region is ignorant.
Maybe actually IN Austin, sure. But I can tell you with 100% certainty, I've heard a lot of nasty things said about Charlie Strong down here in Texas.

No - but Mizzou could be interesting considering the race issues there. Babers could see that as a fight he wants to take on and I would root him on. But that place is a mess right now.
ec42944349254653b0504676199f2da5.jpg

What do we think of Babers as a recruiter? All I've seen is his class is ranked very low. I know nothing, so just curious...

So it looks like it's probably down to SU, UVA, and Mizzou for Babers' services.

Anyone know who UVA or Mizzou are leaning towards?

Quick search shows Sonny Dykes, Mark Richt, Marc Tressman, the Air Force coach, Mack Brown. Neither seem to be leaning toward Babers at all at the moment.

Dino's first year at Baylor, in addition to being WR coach, he was also their Recruiting Coordinator.

I did not necessarily say monetary. As you know, these deals have many aspects all of which are part of the value. The market for Frost was what it traded for and not what we were willing to accept.

However, it is also possible we were outbid in money as well. The UCF offer was $2 million ; he elected to take $300,000 less to pay for staff ($2.3 million budget). I don't know, but that could be more than we offered for staff.
But you don't know.

god i hope not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom