Dion gone | Syracusefan.com

Dion gone

Cuse_MN

Scout Team
and he should be

i mean wow. despite all the frustration over the loss, what a game, what a tourney. best player in nyc this weekend.

hes been gone since january. he showed tonite he can carry us. 1 man show tonite.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I don't know that any one game really jumps your status w/ the NBA the way people think - but nevertheless, it's kind of a shame that Dion's performance tonight was lost due to how poorly the rest of the team played.

The kid hit some tough shots, and had one of the better shooting nights we've seen in the BET. Going 1-6 from inside the arc didn't help his percentage, but he was 7-10 on threes and 5-6 on FT's. 5-6 and even made one he was trying to miss.

Still a bit confused as to why he took so much time on the last possession...would have liked to see him get that shot off though. Or get the call and 3 shots.

I hate the kid as a person but an amazing player. I hope he stays but he should leave for bigger and better things.

Dion's the best player in the BE next year if he comes back and the projected players leave

I don't know that any one game really jumps your status w/ the NBA the way people think - but nevertheless, it's kind of a shame that Dion's performance tonight was lost due to how poorly the rest of the team played.

I would have said that before the 6OT game. That game cost Jonny Flynn an NBA career. He absolutely moved into the lottery because of that game. That sealed his decision to leave. Once in the NBA he hurt his hip (wouldn't have happened if he wasn't in that practice/game/wherever it happened with the Wolves). That hip injury cost him his quickness and as a result he's rapidly on his way out of the league and could be facing 44 years till retirement with no income stream from his chosen profession.

I would have said that before the 6OT game. That game cost Jonny Flynn an NBA career. He absolutely moved into the lottery because of that game. That sealed his decision to leave. Once in the NBA he hurt his hip (wouldn't have happened if he wasn't in that practice/game/wherever it happened with the Wolves). That hip injury cost him his quickness and as a result he's rapidly on his way out of the league and could be facing 44 years till retirement with no income stream from his chosen profession.

Yeah, I guess you can never account for what the Timberwolves will do to impress upon you just how stupid they are.

That was the year they drafted all 8 point guards in the draft, no?

Yeah, I guess you can never account for what the Timberwolves will do to impress upon you just how stupid they are.

That was the year they drafted all 8 point guards in the draft, no?
And ran the triangle offense with a PG that had never ran it in his life as a rookie...you can only run the triangle if you have a specific triumvirate of players.....Minny certainly didn't have that

and he should be

i mean wow. despite all the frustration over the loss, what a game, what a tourney. best player in nyc this weekend.

Just annoying that we didn;t see that in Jan and Feb.

44cuse

The one time Dion passes it on a steal in the backcourt...Triche clanks two FTs.. i'm on the bandwagon of let Dion get his now.

My business partner plays in the NBA.

In short: talent alone does not an NBA player make.

He can be a player in the league, but he needs to COMMIT on a maturity level. Not saying he is another Chris Washburn, but Dion is far from a sure thing.

This is NOT from me...but from a PG who did good at a small school in California way back when...

A. You don't know that he would not have hip at SU.
B. You don't know that he wouldn't have had a car accident driving home in a snow storm

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

A. You don't know that he would not have hip at SU.
B. You don't know that he wouldn't have had a car accident driving home in a snow storm

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

But wait; isn't the risk of injury one of the main rationalizations for jumping early? Predicated on the fact that you were going to get injured in a college game on a given Tuesday night but if you weren't in college, the injury wouldn't happen. So the same holds true in the reverse case. Either way for Jonny - he's safe now unless he falls off the bench and gets hurt.

But wait; isn't the risk of injury one of the main rationalizations for jumping early? Predicated on the fact that you were going to get injured in a college game on a given Tuesday night but if you weren't in college, the injury wouldn't happen. So the same holds true in the reverse case. Either way for Jonny - he's safe now unless he falls off the bench and gets hurt.
I don't think that its that the injury wouldn't happen, its more of if the injury is going to happen at least you hope you've banked a few $million. Get hurt in college there may never be an NBA or contract or at best you've dropped several spots. That's the reason to go.

Seriously? I doubt you even know the kid as a person. That's a bullshit comment that deserves banning. :crazy:

I'm confident I know him better you but okay, let's ban everyone with a different opinion. Keep representing our fan base with your double-digit IQ.

I'm confident I know him better you but okay, let's ban everyone with a different opinion. Keep representing our fan base with your double-digit IQ.
Its got nothing to do with having a different opinion. Its about a personal attack against someone. Apparently soemone with such a high IQ doesn't realize when he makes a moronic statement.

6OT game got him on the lotto teams radar, but from what I remember he killed it in the individual workouts with teams. That means way more than the 6OT game.

This is NOT from me...but from a PG who did good at a small school in California way back when...

Steve Nash?
237642_display_image.jpg

The kid hit some tough shots, and had one of the better shooting nights we've seen in the BET. Going 1-6 from inside the arc didn't help his percentage, but he was 7-10 on threes and 5-6 on FT's. 5-6 and even made one he was trying to miss.

Still a bit confused as to why he took so much time on the last possession...would have liked to see him get that shot off though. Or get the call and 3 shots.

Jonny 6OT Flynn disagrees

My business partner plays in the NBA.

In short: talent alone does not an NBA player make.

He can be a player in the league, but he needs to COMMIT on a maturity level. Not saying he is another Chris Washburn, but Dion is far from a sure thing.

Just ing say Steve Nash instead of dancing around it.

Who cares - as long as they win the NC I don't care if they all go

Just ******* say Steve Nash instead of dancing around it.

It's actually Gheorge Muresan...though yeeeessh, my post looks a little "know-it-all" like on reflection. MY bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom