Dion Waiters Should have started (I told you so) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters Should have started (I told you so)

Well, I won't argue with you if you think that's a great thread. You certainly did bring some good data to that discussion and should be commended for your efforts to reason with a certain poster. I'm all for discussion and debate, but I have far less patience than you apparently have.

Sorry, I read your comment the wrong way. Now I understand what you mean. And in that context, I agree 100%.

Thanks for the words. It was an interesting (for lack of any other word) interchange. Not sure I would call it patience. ;)

44cuse

There is no most important minute of a game. Starting or subbing in means nothing outside of player hype.
We as Syracuse Fans should know that because we have lost in just about every fashion.

Its usually when we lose all game that we end up loosing.
Syracuse has a amazing close game victory rate. Maybe the best in the country, because we tend not to blow people out but win in the end.

The Point I am trying to make is any 4 minute stretch can cost you a ball game. A team can go on a 20-0 run and that is the ball game.

Triche=Jr started for 2 years.
Scoop=Senior.
Dion= stud.
Triche and Scoop were no slouch.
That being said JB let his players keep their places and respects the seniority and trusts in his players. Recruits will take note of that.
IMO but even a bigger reason Triche and Scoop started was...
Dion brought isolation basketball off the bench something Triche didn't. That was good for team chemisty. We already had James and Fair coming off the bench as shooters we needed a iso threat off the bench. Any team that has a iso threat off the bench is Freaking Loaded.

IMO That is why Dion was better off the bench, because we needed that third iso threat off the dribble to support Kris and Scoop.

Triches driving game came off the ball not in iso and was a pleasent suprise to end the season. I look forward to see him attack off the ball this year and improve his shooting some, even more then his iso game. If he developes above average Iso in the offseason he will MORE THEN WOW ME, AND I GET WOWED EASY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom