Dion Waiters | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters

oh my gosh...someone passed the ball to Triche...he didnt have to flail his arms to get the ball...he didnt have to wait for Scoop to pound sand for 20 seconds to get the ball...BIG, BIG DIFFERENCE...I think Triche is very good...I believe that Scoop this year will pass the ball to him and elevate his assists per game to 7 or 8 cause Triche will score

Please stop with this crap about Scoop pounding the ball and not getting Triche the ball. Scoop led the Big East in assists. He wasn't freezing anyone out of the offense.

What are you talking about? Triche's ORTg (107.5) is substantially higher than Scoop's (103.9)

And "%Poss" is just a usage stat. Everyone knows that Scoops usage is way too high: that is the problem. "%Poss" is not an efficiency stat, and it is not always good to have a high usage rate.

As I've said repeatedly, Scoop has poor advanced metrics. Triche's advanced metrics are much better. Triche bashers like Tristan, and anti-empiricists like AlbanyCuse can ignore the stats all they like, but there is no debating the fact that the scouting professionals who make a living using science and linear regression to measure basketball efficiency grade Triche out as substantially better than Jardine.

No poster has even tried to make a competent empirical argument to the contrary yet.

If you were smart instead if entering me into youe equation you would realize i didnt say scoop was better than bt or vice versa. Neither are nba material.

If you were smart instead if entering me into youe equation you would realize i didnt say scoop was better than bt or vice versa. Neither are nba material.

You haven't seen the new Triche.

Why is it guaranteed??? What aspects will 100% keep him out of league despite us seeing none of his Jr and Sr years? Besides the NBA being on strike that is.

Because I bet we can find a player improving as a Jr/Sr. for every stat you are going to list.

I didn't say that you took any position regarding Scoop v. Triche, I merely said you were anti-empirical, because of your statement that you don't need stats in order to know who the best guard on this team is (by which you mean DW).

Triche appears to lack the lateral quickness to be a quality NBA starter, but he can be a fantastic, take-all-sorts-of-teams-to-a-championship type player in college. Triche's advanced metrics over his career are very good especially when adjusted for competition. He simply had a terrible start during our pre-season conference games last season, while adjusting to a new role for which he is not ideally suited.

Dion's advanced numbers are good also, and I love his potential. Great hands, strength, great free throw shooter, good quickness and a good shot: but I don't think he is the team first leader like Triche. If Triche and Dion maintain their efficiency while increasing their usage rates enough to qualify for the leaderboard, they'd both be top 30 in the country.

Scoop was very efficient as a run-and-gun, mini-hibatchi off the bench, but his season as the lead point guard was not good.

I didn't say that you took any position regarding Scoop v. Triche, I merely said you were anti-empirical, because of your statement that you don't need stats in order to know who the best guard on this team is (by which you mean DW).

Triche appears to lack the lateral quickness to be a quality NBA starter, but he can be a fantastic, take-all-sorts-of-teams-to-a-championship type player in college. Triche's advanced metrics over his career are very good especially when adjusted for competition. He simply had a terrible start during our pre-season conference games last season, while adjusting to a new role for which he is not ideally suited.

Dion's advanced numbers are good also, and I love his potential. Great hands, strength, great free throw shooter, good quickness and a good shot: but I don't think he is the team first leader like Triche. If Triche and Dion maintain their efficiency while increasing their usage rates enough to qualify for the leaderboard, they'd both be top 30 in the country.

Scoop was very efficient as a run-and-gun, mini-hibatchi off the bench, but his season as the lead point guard was not good.

If dion can realize how selfish hes been playing and tame his ego a tad he can develop into a dominate player , no doubt about it in my mind.

Honestly, Triche should be the player who is the third guard on this team. If Dion can learn to play defense as well as Triche, and moves the ball and isn't selfish with it, like he was at times last year, he may take over the starting job. Triche had a dreadful start to last season but turned it on early in the conference schedule to keep his starting spot. Competition is good, though. Keeps players from being complacent, or not playing team ball.

Don't know the stats, but I don't like the form on Dion's jump shots.
I do like his ability to get to the rack at will, though.

I've heard that Dion is having a strong camp...however if anyone needs to be worried about him taking PT, its Scoop, not Brandon.

Honestly, Triche should be the player who is the third guard on this team. If Dion can learn to play defense as well as Triche, and moves the ball and isn't selfish with it, like he was at times last year, he may take over the starting job. Triche had a dreadful start to last season but turned it on early in the conference schedule to keep his starting spot. Competition is good, though. Keeps players from being complacent, or not playing team ball.

I don't know why you would want to bench your best guard.

I think I'm in good company with JB and JB.
Yes go with the 5 th senior as the best guard on the team because jb's starting him. We will have a guard or 2 in the nba and they wont be named scoop.

...yikes...and I am a Triche fan...however; for the team, whichever guard combo is best go with it...maybe its MCW and Waiters...doubtful of course. I will select Triche as team lead scorer this year...and hope his running mate passes the ball to him with more than 5-8 clicks on the clock...

...yikes...and I am a Triche fan...however; for the team, whichever guard combo is best go with it...maybe its MCW and Waiters...doubtful of course. I will select Triche as team lead scorer this year...and hope his running mate passes the ball to him with more than 5-8 clicks on the clock...

I still think the Brandon Triche freeze out is a Dewitt urban legend. It hasn't quite reached the status of what they do with cats over in Solvay, but it's getting there.

If JB felt that Triche was being frozen out don't you think that there would have been a significant shake up in the lineup to readjust Scoop and Waiters' thinking. No one wants to win more than Jim, if he thought that was occurring on the court I would expect him to address it, this isn't playground basketball. For them to be freezing him out they would have to have consciously and repeatedly be making a decision not to pass to him and instead passing to a lesser option.

I suspect JB would not agree, that what you think is a freeze out, is in fact a situation where BT was (i) open, (ii) in a better position than others to score the ball, (iii) capable of scoring the ball from that position and (iv) Waiters and Scoop were intentionally not passing him the ball...... Just because Brandon may have been waiving his arms doesn't mean he was open, the best option, or in a position relative to the ball handler that the ball could be delivered to him. And by the way BT had a pretty lousy start to the season last year so if he wasn't getting the ball that might have had something to do with his teammates thinking there were better options available also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom