Disappointed Houstonian | Syracusefan.com

Disappointed Houstonian

SadTexan

Walk On
I want to preface this by saying I hope that you all of you who made the trek had a good time coming to Houston. I was pleasantly surprised how many fans were at the game even though it was a bit cold by Houston standards.

Anyways, leading up to the game I had almost zero opinion of either school and other than being pretty impressed with Syracuse basketball over the years I didn't care at all who won the game. Although I will admit that I was slightly leaned towards Syracuse after y'all had the better pregame pump up video.

However, after only about 10 minutes of sitting in the seats I got on stubhub on the MN side, a small but EXTREMELY vocal group of young Syracuse fans started causing a lot of problems. Almost constantly and exclusively there were shouts of "Minnesota sucks!" and other vanilla heckles making fun of accents etc. that served no purpose other than to irritate all of the MN fans. Interestingly though I heard almost nothing in support of Syracuse come out of their very loud mouths. Although I didn't see the whole thing, at the end of the game the jawing must have continued because one of the guys got into a physical pushing match near the aisle that likely would have come to blows had a more level fan not gotten between the two.

I know that this likely doesn't epitomize your entire fan base but I think it says a lot about in that your worst fans are capable of this, and your best fans (There were others in the area) aren't good enough to tell them to quite embarrassing themselves. In the case of a neutral observer it really only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch. I imagine I was not the only Houstonian in the section who now has a lower opinion of your university as a result of these fans actions.

I uploaded a couple of pics should one of you be able to address with them how damaging that kind of behavior is to the university.

photo 1.JPG

I want to preface this by saying I hope that you all of you who made the trek had a good time coming to Houston. I was pleasantly surprised how many fans were at the game even though it was a bit cold by Houston standards.

Anyways, leading up to the game I had almost zero opinion of either school and other than being pretty impressed with Syracuse basketball over the years I didn't care at all who won the game. Although I will admit that I was slightly leaned towards Syracuse after y'all had the better pregame pump up video.

However, after only about 10 minutes of sitting in the seats I got on stubhub on the MN side, a small but EXTREMELY vocal group of young Syracuse fans started causing a lot of problems. Almost constantly and exclusively there were shouts of "Minnesota sucks!" and other vanilla heckles making fun of accents etc. that served no purpose other than to irritate all of the MN fans. Interestingly though I heard almost nothing in support of Syracuse come out of their very loud mouths. Although I didn't see the whole thing, at the end of the game the jawing must have continued because one of the guys got into a physical pushing match near the aisle that likely would have come to blows had a more level fan not gotten between the two.

I know that this likely doesn't epitomize your entire fan base but I think it says a lot about in that your worst fans are capable of this, and your best fans (There were others in the area) aren't good enough to tell them to quite embarrassing themselves. In the case of a neutral observer it really only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch. I imagine I was not the only Houstonian in the section who now has a lower opinion of your university as a result of these fans actions.

I uploaded a couple of pics should one of you be able to address with them how damaging that kind of behavior is to the university.

View attachment 6449

Oh the humanity!

Well I'm sorry that you base your opinions of our fan base on the actions of 2 likely drunk knuckleheads while ignoring that the same fan base you now think less of raised over $44,000 in less then 1 week to send local Houston area children to the game and supply them with food, drinks, and other SU related merchandise.

View attachment 6449

I think posting a photo on the internet is just as juvenile as what the SMALL group of fans did at the game.

Obviously Minnesota plants to try to make us look bad.:cool:

View attachment 6449

Those are not real SU fans. Wrong color orange. Obviously Texas fans who infiltrated the stadium.

View attachment 6449

I personally am sorry that you had to be exposed to that situation.You can be assured that they weren't fans from this board and I hope they weren't fans from this local area.
Some of the young people in this country don't know what it is to have a little class.Unfortunately I've been to many games in the past both home and away and been exposed to similar situations by fans of both teams and I wish that the ushers or management would do something about it.Unfortunately that's not the case.As long as these people know they can get away with it, it will probably happen.I would hope that you will not judge all Syracuse fans as you did these ...Go Orange!!

I would like to thank the Sad Texan for bringing this to our attention. The behavior displayed in this photograph is near criminal - people should watch for these guys and see that they are removed from future Syracuse sporting events. You've done a service to society in posting this. Good work and an even better use of your time.

I expect much more out of a young Peyton Manning and Doug Marrone.

But rest assured, they'll grow up to be better people.

Always a bunch of in the crowd who can't handle their brew consumption.

Those are not real SU fans. Wrong color orange. Obviously Texas fans who infiltrated the stadium.

I have to agree with all4SU, I doubt if they are SU fans because they are not wearing SU Orange.They look like they are wearing " Burnt Orange" which I believe is Texas colors.

View attachment 6449

Did you cheer for Mike Scott when he scuffed baseballs for the Astros? Or Roger Clemens when he was a drugged up fool?

I hate bad fans - find it embarassing, but that's an awfully big leap to make based on two kids.

Can't imagine what you would think of us in 301/302 during games at the Dome. Eeek.

View attachment 6449

View attachment 6449
I gave you a like cuz you're sad. Don't be sad.

Well I'm sorry that you base your opinions of our fan base on the actions of 2 likely drunk knuckleheads while ignoring that the same fan base you now think less of raised over $44,000 in less then 1 week to send local Houston area children to the game and supply them with food, drinks, and other SU related merchandise.
Great point, and since it was spoken about on ESPN, why didn't the OP make a contribution.

View attachment 6449

Ok ... why don't you go read what some of those MN fans posted here and get back to me.

View attachment 6449
I became dissappointed in Houston when I was told by a friend's friend that when he and his wife were moving to Houston, they were encouraged to pick their new home location based upon what sport their 3rd grade son planned on playing in high school, since the Varstiy FB coach would know by 5th grade if the boy would play varsity FB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom