Do we have a weight room ? | Syracusefan.com

Do we have a weight room ?

There is no reason for Marek to weigh the same as he did his freshman year. Normal physical development alone should have caused him to gain weight. Either the S&C staff absolutely suck or guys are just lazy about getting the right nutrition and putting in the work to change their bodies.

Everytime I hear a commentator talk about how some guy from another team has changed their body to become stronger and play more physical, I shake my head. When is the last time we've said that about a player?

The hoops team should hire a member of the football teams S&C to take over in 2020.

It is embarrassing that some of our guys are still so skinny. Frankly I think it’s on the players and their lack of work.

We just don’t have very good players.

The best weight room on earth won’t solve our problems.
It's true, but there is no reason some of these guys shouldn't be able to put on weight and bang for a rebound every now and then. If you have to be untalented, at least be untalented and strong.

Why is it so hard to understand that different people are different?
Some guys have a smaller build and a high metabolism. It is very difficult for them to put on weight even in a D1 program.

We need QG to develop so he can play more, Sidibe to stay on the floor longer, and everyone else to be physical and hit fouls shots.

My biggest takeaway from seeing these two teams next together is one of the team's looked like they were men and the other team looked like a squad from the movie Hoosiers but with less skill.

Why is it so hard to understand that different people are different?
Some guys have a smaller build and a high metabolism. It is very difficult for them to put on weight even in a D1 program.

We need QG to develop so he can play more, Sidibe to stay on the floor longer, and everyone else to be physical and hit fouls shots.
I understand it completely. Even ectomorphs can add lean body mass with the proper diet and strength training program. Setting that aside, are you suggesting that nearly everyone we have recruited in recent memory is incapable of adding quality muscle?

There is no reason for Marek to weigh the same as he did his freshman year. Normal physical development alone should have caused him to gain weight. Either the S&C staff absolutely suck or guys are just lazy about getting the right nutrition and putting in the work to change their bodies.

Everytime I hear a commentator talk about how some guy from another team has changed their body to become stronger and play more physical, I shake my head. When is the last time we've said that about a player?

It’s been a real problem since he’s rarely ever here during summers to be work out.

Wasn’t the prior S&C for basketball named Corey Parker? He’s still at SU but working as S&C director with SU’s Olympic team sports.

Setting that aside, are you suggesting that nearly everyone we have recruited in recent memory is incapable of adding quality muscle?
No. I don’t really know about each individual player. I’m guessing it’s a little bit of both. Maybe some guys can’t gain that much, maybe others haven’t committed to their individual plan as Cheriehoop suggests above.

It’s been a real problem since he’s rarely ever here during summers to be work out.

Wasn’t the prior S&C for basketball named Corey Parker? He’s still at SU but working as S&C director with SU’s Olympic team sports.
With Marek, his absence may explain some of it, but he's not the only one showing little change. If I didn't know better, I'd think Sidibe was a freshman too. I know he's had knee problems that would hinder lower body development, but he's scrawny in his upper body too. There is no way a guy taking advantage of the weight room for the last 2+ years with adequate caloric and protein intake would be as skinny as him. The players are either being guided poorly or physical development just isn't a priority.

No. I don’t really know about each individual player. I’m guessing it’s a little bit of both. Maybe some guys can’t gain that much, maybe others haven’t committed to their individual plan as Cheriehoop suggests above.
The near universal lack of physical development makes me want to blame staff more than players, although there is probably room for both to share in it.

I’m sure that’s who Etan Thomas was talking about in that article a couple days ago.

I’m sure that’s who Etan Thomas was talking about in that article a couple days ago.
Could very well be, he was around back in Etan’s time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom