Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
We have a football thread ripping the BC coach for refusing to name names.

Not our JB!

(if he names such he needs to get it right :) )
th

No problem with silence across all platforms- likely speaks to folks sharing their concerns privately. This just is simply not a good look.
That’s fine if you’re consistent… but don’t blindly defend the guy at every turn, if this is the silence you’re going to have after a blatant misstep and continued defiance of any protocol ever put in place.

We have a football thread ripping the BC coach for refusing to name names.

Not our JB!

(if he names such he needs to get it right :) )
How do you know he’s wrong? I’m sure reps for players have reached out and said we’ll transfer in for guaranteed minutes and this price. The Miami situation was covered extensively.
He’s also not happy his home grown freshmen are playing against fairly well paid mercenaries who may have been at several prior schools.

Embarrassing but not surprising. Only going to get worse.

It’s impossible to defend this man anymore. He had plenty of chances to go out his way and have people love him for what he did. He’s going to ruin a lot of his reputation.

The number of people who have texted me this story who are general college basketball fans is staggering. I agree that his student tiffs get overblown (though it’s his own fault). This is another self made disaster and the arrogance can’t be defended. He’s making it about him. Not the school. Not the program. Him.

He’s giving a middle finger to the fans and everyone else. Can someone step up and stop this??

Anyone see the article that came out last night? I have a sincere question. How many people are watching the decline of the program along with this guy's embarrassing antics in post-game press conferences while also factoring in his age, consistently losing "Buy" games, etc etc and are then saying bahhh it's all good, keep coaching?

In the article he's apparently applying some ridiculous "should I continue coaching" barometer that depends on his approval amongst local sports radio hosts- some of which are paid shills. Absolutely hilarious how he thinks that 95% of fans support his continued run as coach! Yea ok there JB, 95% of us. It's more like 20%. He's basically laughing at us in this article by mentioning multiple times that the decision is his and only his, and that pretty much everyone can kiss his behind. I've had enough of this conceited blowhard and his garbage attitude toward players he doesn't like, and the fans.

I go to just about every game. In fact I'm out of town right now in Boston after seeing our nice win last night at the Conte Forum. I sit down in 108 and sometimes courtside. At one of the games a courtside patron just out of the blue says to me, "he's gotta go, look at this place, it's empty because of him, he's ruining everything." I said to her, "well you have balls for saying that to me out of the blue, I could be on the other side of that fence you know, that topic is like politics, but I happen to agree with you. " She didn't care about bringing that up to a complete stranger, and she's a high roller, a big donor to the program who is fed up. How many others like her are out there but who don't go to the games anymore?

This article is actually kind of infuriating with his obvious pompous and dismissive attitude toward the fans. Looks like we're in for another year of this garbage.

Last edited:
How do you know he’s wrong? I’m sure reps for players have reached out and said we’ll transfer in for guaranteed minutes and this price. The Miami situation was covered extensively.
He’s also not happy his home grown freshmen are playing against fairly well paid mercenaries who may have been at several prior schools.
I mean he came out and already back tracked. So that’s a pretty good sign…

JAB did NOT say the date was "ironclad" - he said the plan was "ironclad".

BIG difference.

For reference - the HCIW plan for Hop was also "ironclad".
Right up until it wasn't anymore.

(this is really more of a reply to the post you replied to, but I dunno how to get both quotes into there)

lastly - JAB says things.
Death is generally Ironclad. There are some exceptions, but most of those end up in a 50/50 split. Could that be the plan?

Anyone see the article that came out last night? I have a sincere question. How many people are watching the decline of the program along with this guy's embarrassing antics in post-game press conferences while also factoring in his age, consistently losing "Buy" games, etc etc and are then saying bahhh it's all good, keep coaching?

In the article he's apparently applying some ridiculous "should I continue coaching" barometer that depends on his approval amongst local sports radio hosts- some of which are paid shills. Absolutely hilarious how he thinks that 95% of fans support his continued run as coach! Yea ok there JB, 95% of us. It's more like 20%. He's basically laughing at us in this article by mentioning multiple times that the decision is his and only his, and that pretty much everyone can kiss his behind. I've had enough of this conceited blowhard and his garbage attitude toward players he doesn't like, and the fans.

I go to just about every game. In fact I'm out of town right now in Boston after seeing our nice win last night at the Conte Forum. I sit down in 108 and sometimes courtside. At one of the games a courtside patron just out of the blue says to me, "he's gotta go, look at this place, it's empty because of him, he's ruining everything." I said to her, "well you have balls for saying that to me out of the blue, I could be on the other side of that fence you know, that topic is like politics. " She didn't care, and she's a high roller, a big donor to the program who is fed up. How many others like her are out there like her but who don't go to the games anymore?

This article is actually kind of infuriating with his obvious pompous and dismissive attitude toward the fans. Looks like we're in for another year of this garbage.

He’s forcing people to come out and defy him. Really going to test how much good will he has left. Almost seems like he’s forcing a confrontation with the admin so he can be a martyr going out. Then if results suffer he will say I told you so. If things improve he will also say I told you I had a good team.

Less than 24 hours after making his initial comments, he's retracting some.

This is horrific PR, and all the more reason that this charade needs to end ASAP.

It cannot be left to him. It cannot. Because it won't happen.
Jim needs to shut up and let Gus do the talking

I mean he came out and already back tracked. So that’s a pretty good sign…
Haven’t seen the backtracking so have to assume you’re correct on that. Doesn’t change my pov though; every coach who’s called out tampering, pay for play has given some mumbling caveats afterwards.

Haven’t seen the backtracking so have to assume you’re correct on that. Doesn’t change my pov though; every coach who’s called out tampering, pay for play has given some mumbling caveats afterwards.
Right because they’re all guilty. They only say it when they’re losing. The guy who has been sanctioned twice shouldn’t comment.

Curious- how do any of these comments by JB benefit the program, school, players and himself? Not saying you have stated they do but if their is an opposite take on all this where this is a good thing or even neutral... I'm not seeing it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom