Dome Audio System | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Audio System

I'm in 101 and it is absolutely horrible. I have not heard a complete sentence in three games. I have clue who the guitarist was that played last night. I have yet to hear any of the penalty explanations. Syracuse University should be embarrassed that a school known for communications and media puts this garbage out. Oh and by the way they have had forty two years to fix it.
Great work Pete.

I wonder if it's an either or situation. Soften the roof to better the acoustics for the announcer but you give up the crowd noise bouncing off the roof.

One of the issues I had was hearing the pre-recorded videos like “Hometown Hero’s.”. I sit in Section 210/Row A and could hear the presentation until the dubbed in background music then it became muffled.

They should simply record the audio with NO background music.

One of the issues I had was hearing the pre-recorded videos like “Hometown Hero’s.”. I sit in Section 210/Row A and could hear the presentation until the dubbed in background music then it became muffled.

They should simply record the audio with NO background music.
Agreed. I thought the same thing. I felt like got every one of the first sentence or two, then the background music muddled everything.

At the very least throw in closed captioning on the Jumbotron til this gets worked out. I don’t like that the media is now reporting on this, need to promote attendance not complain about the experience.

I know they make money off all the in game crap but priority should be

1) Fans can hear official
2) Fans can hear tributes to vets and 100 plus year old alums
2) Fans can hear post play Mr Excitement

that is it - no interviews with new fans from Port Byron, no cheerleader stuff...nothing. Let the atmosphere generate itself.

Oh and if you are going to show replays of their guy targeting - show Barron's.

At the very least throw in closed captioning on the Jumbotron til this gets worked out. I don’t like that the media is now reporting on this, need to promote attendance not complain about the experience.
I think they at least attempt to close caption anything on the sound system. It falls behind, is fraught with keying errors and about 50% of what is said is lost, but it is better than nothing.

Look at the ribbon scoreboard in the northeast corner to see this. Might also be in the opposite corner...I can't see that one so I can't say for sure. The northeast corner is the corner closest to the Quad.

I think they at least attempt to close caption anything on the sound system. It falls behind, is fraught with keying errors and about 50% of what is said is lost, but it is better than nothing.

Look at the ribbon scoreboard in the northeast corner to see this. Might also be in the opposite corner...I can't see that one so I can't say for sure. The northeast corner is the corner closest to the Quad.

Yup, there's one in the southwest corner as well. It helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom